Your most epic moment in gaming!!

IHateDaManSkirt

Nov 21, 2009
I once held back 8 players in Guild Wars. I also obtained 3 head-shots in a row with a WA2000 without using the scope in MW2. I'm not sure those are really achievements so here is my greatest achievement ever: I once went all like bam into some smoke and this guy went all like pew pew boom boom so I went all like boop bop beep and then he told me that the machines have a plan. It's...SYSTEM ERROR

Edit: Ninja'd by Poncho

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Beating Super Mario Galaxy with all 242 Stars and 9,999 star bits with both Mario & Luigi, yes I'm a sadact and proud *****!

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Beating Super Ghouls and Ghosts.

On the highest difficulty.

I am a god.
You are.
(Edited, as to not appear to be flaming religion. Not my intentions. :O)

OT: Beating Satan shitless in Final Fantasy VIII.

Not many games let you make Satan your *****.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
khaimera said:
That sounds awesome. Which game was it on?
Either Halo 3 or Halo ODST.

It was against a friend and not online...
Man I wish we had taped it...
That would have been epic. Its too bad too since the games give you the record option. Oh well.

aegios187

Jun 17, 2007
In Battlefield 2, I was using the F-2000 (Assault Rifle with under carriage grenade launcher), there was obviously a organized squad on the other team taking one of the points. They were using two Hummvee's to move around. Apparently both vehicles had taken a fair bit of damage. Each Hummer had its gunner spot filled covering the spot. Anyhow, shot one grenade into Humvee #1 killed the gunner, causing Humvee 1 to explode, sending it sailing into Humvee #2, killing that gunner and the explosions from both vehicles kill the other 4 guys at the point, allowing me to recap it back on my own.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Search and destroy on MW2, map was sub-base.

The enemy had a really good sniper, and killed two of our guys in just a few seconds of starting the match. We all hunkered down in the building next A (or B, it's the one near the fuel tanks).

When there was a minute left (we were attackers so we would lose) I said "Oh fuck it!" and went on a crazy rambo run to enemy lines with mah ACR. Ended up killing the entire enemy team and winning the game.

CincoDeMayo

Dec 17, 2008
El Poncho said:
I was like pew pew then this guy was like pew pew pew, so I then jumped and spinned and went pow pow pow. If it was an epic moment, it probably went something like that.
NO WAY

OT: No-scoped double headshot with scout on DE_Nuke was pretty epic. 12 - 0 on DE_Dust2 was also an epic moment. But one of the most epic moments I can think of is... hell, I can't remember. Maybe I'm not as awesome as I'd like to imagine.

I do however think that none of the above statements can ever get close to the epicness of Daigo "The Beast" Umahara's comeback in SF: 3rd Strike. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7cW2nMf1gk] It just reeks of awesomeness.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
First time I ever killed the Fusion Dragon in Golden Sun.
Blowing up the Lucifer in the original Freespace.
Sadistic but satisfying one: chucking Nico's ass out of a chopper in GTAIV, clipping a building with his head, spinning like a propeller, then landing on a jew in the street.

Otterpoet

Jun 6, 2008
LANing Quake 2 (yep, showing my age) with my buddy. He'd just ripped me a new one with his chaingun and I'd barely done a scratch to him. As I ran for it, I did a snap-fire with my grenade launcher to keep him off my tail...

... only to have the shell bounce off a wall and hit him square in the face (BOOOM! Chunky salsa).

We nearly got kicked out of the place for the stream of vulgarities he spewed XD

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
khaimera said:
That would have been epic. Its too bad too since the games give you the record option. Oh well.
They...
What?

Really?
How could we miss that!

(Oh, right, it was in Halo 3 forge!)
wait, there's no recording in forge? I'v never used it. And no this is not sarcastic. I didn't know you couldn't record in forge.

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
zala-taichou said:
Getting the MGS4 Big Boss emblem was pretty epic for me. The end of a stressful weekend.
^ THIS.

Oh my God, I was so frustrated and irritated for those 3 days. My friends hated me those days but I finally got it!

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
beating Ninja Gaiden for the original xbox. Man that was tough, but tons of fun!

Also one time I was my shamman in WoW and was healing Ulduan (not the epic Ulduar) and we got into a really tough spot. my music was on random and a bumpin techno came on and I got totally int eh grove, throwin around chain heals and other spells. Hard to picture unless you were me but man it was awesome, reminds me why I love playing a healer.

several times that has happened in Team Fortress also

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
khaimera said:
wait, there's no recording in forge? I'v never used it. And no this is not sarcastic. I didn't know you couldn't record in forge.
TheNamlessGuy said:
I don't know if you can or not.

It's a shame anyway, seeing as we missed it.
You can, you go to the main menu and go to theatre then choose to record.

OT: probably my killionare in Halo 3 comprising of 5 frontal ninjas (among other things).

I was so pissed when I lost that video.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
RTS's are the stem of most of my epic moments, that or Total War. However, lets go with Medieval for the first. The Mongols invaded, they took a few territories off of my allies before pasting their way through my practically undefended territories until they reached Constantinople, where my king stood tall with 499 (or so) men, taking on a mighty 2500, outnumber 5 to 1. I commanded the the battle and watched wave after wave break on my formations and fall to clouds of flaming arrows. I never felt a sense of accomplishment like that again playing a game.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
One time in Counterstrike I was using the AWP. Went around a corner, and stumbled into another AWP-user by surprise. Fired off a no-scope shot out of reflex and missed. Then he did the same thing. So we started moving sideways and jumping, firing more no-scope shots that went wide. I think we had both had four shots each before we both switched to pistols and finished off the fight. (I won)