Your most evil gaming atrocities

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
I wandered the world enslaving wild animals and forcing them into horrifying confinement, allowed out only to fight. While doing so, I mugged hundreds for their money. All while skipping school.

Then I became Pokemon league champion, so worth it in the end :p

ArkhamJester

Sep 30, 2010
Lunar Templar said:
most evil thing? easy

I
Killed
GOD (ya know, the one in the bible)
then, lead Lucifer's army to burn Heaven.

:p amateurs
SMT Nocturne (true demon ending) I presume? Otherwise I don't know what game that would be from.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
wintercoat said:
Goofguy said:
I tend to play a good character during RPGs as I am uncomfortable playing as a jerk. In Fallout 3, I was usually fighting for the little guy and giving them their freedom at every turn. However, this one time:

I was tasked by the folks at the Tenpenny Tower to clear out the nearby den of troublesome Ghouls. Being the good guy that I was, I ought to have helped the Ghouls instead as the folks in the tower were a bunch of pompous, self-involved asshats. At first, I was willing to hear out the Ghouls, until their feral friends attacked me incessantly. Oh and the Ghoul leader was being a jerk so I took him and his pals out.

The Tenpenny tower folks thanked me but Three Dog was less than impressed with my antics. I was surprised that they were so accepting of me seeing as how earlier I had blown off Tenpenny's face with a shotgun and dumped his corpse off the side of the penthouse balcony. Oh well, a pay day is a pay day.
What's funny is

If you help the ghouls, they end up killing and eating everyone in the tower. Technically, you actually did a good thing.
Okay is there- hang on.
Is there any non dickhead way to go about things? Is anyone in that situation not a twat? Cos I haven't done that quest yet and the only person in that situation who's opinion I care about really is three dog. Seeing as no one there, ghoul or human, cares about me or megaton.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Me i'm a goody two shoes, usually the most evil things I do is steal everybodies stuff.

It's because I generally don't replay long storybased games and always pick paragon, usually it's because been a saint or the devil will give you bonuses.

Although I never finished The Witcher because I didn't like the controls, The grey moral choices struck a chord with me

Does anyone remember the name of that PC game where you are a teddy bear doing evil crap just for the lols?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
During a game of Civilization V, I once nuked, conquered and then razed all of an AI opponents cities in one turn (took a a while to prepare). His pleas of mercy were ignored.

Why? Because he had taken a tile with a strategic resource I wanted. It wasn't the only one left and not even the easiest one to obtain.

So basically, I submitted my opponent to a nuclear holocaust, destroyed and wiped out every trace of his civilization, all because of a petty inconvenience.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
This hardly counts, since they were all bad guys, but In Fallout 2 I killed the entire city of New Redding. I mean every last valid target.

I had been doing side quests for two competing gang bosses. Eventually one of the bosses wouldn't let me refuse a mission. He pulled a gun and shot me.

Thing is, I was wearing Mark II power armor and toting a Gauss rifle. For those who are unfamiliar with the game, these are the best two pieces of equipment you can own: Mark II armor is the next best thing to invulnerability, and the Gauss rifle is the "every time you pull the trigger, an enemy explodes into pink mist" weapon. To either side I had a companion similarly equipped.

The gang boss had a pinstripe suit and a tiny .32 pistol.

I stood for a full minute amid the echoes of the "p-ting" noise his eensy weensy little bullet had made when it skipped off my armor. I couldn't believe he had actually drawn and fired on three dudes who had plasma weapons.

The boss and his two henchmen died in one round of combat. I figured that was the end of it. Nope, the other gangsters in the building had heard me. Naturally they were vaporized in short order.

I stepped out into the street, chuckling at the stupidity of post-nuclear humans....and then I was taking fire from Tommy guns. The entire gang was aware of what had just happened inside. My amusement only increased as I mowed them all down.

Then a prostitute ran up and attacked me with a switchblade. An unskilled, skinny girl with a dull blade the length of my finger thought she was going to dispose of three Iron Man suits. I was laughing out loud as I pulled out the Super Sledge and skipped her down the street like a rock across a pond.

Somehow the other gang got involved in the fight. Maybe they were struck by stray rounds. What I do know is they started shooting at me too.

After twenty minutes of weapons fire, the streets were paved with corpses, and there was nothing left alive to attack me. Quite fun just to know I could do it.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
ProtoChimp said:
wintercoat said:
Goofguy said:
I tend to play a good character during RPGs as I am uncomfortable playing as a jerk. In Fallout 3, I was usually fighting for the little guy and giving them their freedom at every turn. However, this one time:

I was tasked by the folks at the Tenpenny Tower to clear out the nearby den of troublesome Ghouls. Being the good guy that I was, I ought to have helped the Ghouls instead as the folks in the tower were a bunch of pompous, self-involved asshats. At first, I was willing to hear out the Ghouls, until their feral friends attacked me incessantly. Oh and the Ghoul leader was being a jerk so I took him and his pals out.

The Tenpenny tower folks thanked me but Three Dog was less than impressed with my antics. I was surprised that they were so accepting of me seeing as how earlier I had blown off Tenpenny's face with a shotgun and dumped his corpse off the side of the penthouse balcony. Oh well, a pay day is a pay day.
What's funny is

If you help the ghouls, they end up killing and eating everyone in the tower. Technically, you actually did a good thing.
Okay is there- hang on.
Is there any non dickhead way to go about things? Is anyone in that situation not a twat? Cos I haven't done that quest yet and the only person in that situation who's opinion I care about really is three dog. Seeing as no one there, ghoul or human, cares about me or megaton.
Nope! :D

Either you take out the Ghouls, or the residents of Tenpenny Tower. There are two ways of going about helping the Ghouls. You can either help them slaughter the residents of the Tower, or you can convince the residents to allow the Ghouls in. If you convince them to allow the Ghouls in, the Ghouls eventually kill all of the humans.

Convincing the residents wins you points with Three Dog, and I don't believe he mentions the Ghouls killing the residents.

I hope I have answered all your questions!

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
This one time.

I stole some guy's sweet roll.

[sub][sub]I don't like being evil in games...[/sub][/sub]
Wow, that makes the fact rorikstead now only has one little girl and a dog left living in it in my game look almost nice.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
My argonian skyrim character is a psychopath.
He doesn't get in trouble with guards because he's killed them all.
He doesn't steal, he loots corpses and the houses of the dead.
He'd be a vampire if being a werewolf wasn't more graphic.
Essentially, If I'm not commiting some kind of atrocity in skyrim, I view it as a serious failing on my part.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
In one Tekkit (modded Minecraft) server I'm in, If a peice of land isn't protected, it's completely open to greifing. Thing is, some people dont bother, thinking thier chests are safe with the auto-lock feature.

*holds up a Block Breaker device* I fuckin' beg to differ. My own (Very protected) chests have about eight stacks of diamonds and unspeakable amounts of Iron. Well. I say my own, but it's actually another, extremely expensive, 200 slot chest that I pinched off someone else while he wasn't looking.

I've killed noone and yet gained more than the mouth-breathing buttwhistlers who constantly PvP on that server.

Life is good.

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Smeggs said:
Fallout 3: "Experimental MERV, how should I test this thing out?" *LATER, IN MEGATON...* "BLINDED BY THE LIGHT! *GASHOOM*" *LATER STILL, AT TENPENNY TOWER...*

Fallout: New Vegas: "Nice hat you got there, random Crimson Caravan merc woman..." *Sniper Headshot*

Skyrim: "The AAAAAAGE OF AGRESSION is just about-"
*Dual-Cast Fireball*
"Done."

Mass Effect 2: Shepard's Paragon Conscience says: Bro, you should hold Tali, she just lost her father.
I say: NOPE.

Mass Effect 3:
Tali: Shepard, you're with Liara again? Don't you still love me?
Me: NOPE.

*Throws herself over cliff*

And the absolute worst, most monstrous thing I've ever done in a video game?

You know that elevator in the airport massacre level of MW2, has innocent civilians in it and one of Makarov's goons blows it up?

I actually raced ahead of Makarov and his men at one point to be the first one to launch a grenade at the elevator.

I'm a prime example of desensitization to violence in games.
I'm afraid to ask what you would do in a zombie apocalypse. xD

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
In Bioshock 2, I spared Grace and the first 4 Little Sisters, but killed the last 8 and the remaining two choice characters. >:D

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
I got so frustrated at the lack of playability with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City that I crushed the disk after squeezing it so hard.

Shuguard

Apr 19, 2012
I remember playing one mission from the hitman series where there was a heaven and hell party going on. I just pulled out a machine gun and murdered everyone in both parties. The rave music went well with their screams.
Captcha: "face the music" NEVA!!!

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
nuking megaton,
then again in that dark brotherhood quest in which you were stuck in the house I managed to kill only one person myself while i turned everyone else against each other by sowing doubts and hiding behind the racist nord.......and somehow i enjoyed pulling that feet off.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
In an evil playthrough of Fallout 3, I blew up Megaton, and the Brotherhood of steel's place. Worth it to get that magnum. But in the case of Megaton, not worth the caps or the room. I hardly ever play evil, anyway. I've only done either of those things once.

Steve Waltz said:
I got so frustrated at the lack of playability with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City that I crushed the disk after squeezing it so hard.
That seems a little....crazy.

FirstToStrike said:
Harvesting all of the Little Sisters in Bioshock.

I still feel really bad about it...
I'd feel worse about that depending on the game. In Bioshock 1, the little sister's look less likeable as a whole, so i'd find it easier that....in theory.

However, the harvest cinematic just puts me off it completely. AND the ending. In both it seems like you enjoy the killing, placing a heavy bias on your actions. Which is why I actually prefer Bioshock 2 as a game. It feels much more rewarding to play the game either way, as your actions are looked at as either benevolence and selflessness or a will to survive. Which leaves the evil ending open to interpretation. Were you being evil, or just making sacrifices to prevent greater suffering to the one you love?

EDIT: On the subject of Fallout, being evil is much more rewarding in Fallout 3 than in NV as a whole. I was annoyed with the option of being evil in NV, because it never strayed outside of your character being a douche. In Fallout 3 being evil usually was a result of a moral dilemma. Save lives and gain karma and a warm, fuzzy feeling, or be evil and get more material goods at the cost of lives and less warm, fuzzy feeling....or maybe you don't get the fuzzy feeling in the first place. In Fallout 3 you can gauge whether or not it's worth it to sacrifice some npcs, for example, or maybe for being evil you get a different award than if you were to be good, and you can decide which you prefer. In NV, the reward is always the same, no matter what side you pick. You're either a douche or you're not. And that's not the point. So in short, I never play evil in NV.