Your most evil gaming atrocities

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I have a tendency to steal valuable items from random people and then hoard them all for myself. I do this because I am the only one allowed to have good items! It all belongs to me! ME! If you do not relinquish your superior equipment, prepare to face my wrath!

Other than those, I think I stood in the same puddle as a civilian in inFamous and I punched that news reporter in the face in Mass Effect, but that's about it.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Considering my hours played in DoW2 are nearly in the 300s, I would say the mass genocide I have committed which numbers in the millions.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
BlackEagle95 said:
I don't know if it counts as evil, bit there is a village in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion that kidnaps a woman in order to sacrifice her to some kind of "God Monster". I stealthily sneak her out of there in the dead of a stormy night (it was insanely creepy, of the best experiences I had with the game).

I then decided to get my Ebony Claymore and put the whole town to the sword.
No one was spared save for the lone man who helped me.
Everyone else was put down without remorse.
Their leader was soul trapped and left in a chest in the back of my home, not even worthy to be used in a weapon.

Seed-Neeus in Chorrol gives you the quest.
Ah yes, the shadow over hackdirt quest. I did like that one, it was only later that I figured out it was a H.P Lovecraft reference.

At any rate though, I usually like to stay good in games. In fable 1, I made an "evil" character, killed random people, stole stuff, sacrificed them to the temple, took all of the "evil" quests etc. When it came time to kill my sister at the end of the game though...I couldn't do it. So after refusing to do so, when the expansion rolled around, my character went from 100% evil to 100% good in that one act for some reason.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
ArkhamJester said:
Lunar Templar said:
most evil thing? easy

I
Killed
GOD (ya know, the one in the bible)
then, lead Lucifer's army to burn Heaven.

:p amateurs
SMT Nocturne (true demon ending) I presume? Otherwise I don't know what game that would be from.
eeyup, was fucking awesome to.

cause i had no idea what ending i was gonna get, nor did i know clearing the labyrinth would effect my ending, it had a a thing i wanted and several demons that only spawned there, and, i wanted them for 100% compendium completion.

was fucking epic, and its still one of my all time favorite endings, cause, that shit just dose not happen often in RPGs. suck it skyrim :p

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
For me it was GTA2. I never even bothered with the story. I just immediately started shooting people and such, full on massacre wherever I went.

Apart from that...probably oblivion. At some point I just got so strong that no npc's interested me any more with their lame ass quests, and no shops sold anything good for me any more. So I just started killing whomever I didn't like in every city.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
When I was playing an evil character in Fable 1 I used to decimate the entire population of every single town in the game so I could buy their houses and rent them out. I was fucking swimming in it. The most amusing part was because my genocide was so absolute when new people moved in to the houses they treated me with kindness and didn't know how evil I was. Things didn't stay that way for long of course. They soon learnt to run from me. Sometimes I would get bored and do it all over again just for the fun of it. Infinite guards are great for XP as well.

Dark Harbinger

Apr 8, 2011
Replacing my brother's San Andreas custom music files with Justin Bieber.

That and pretty much most of the nastier options in the like of Kotor II, it puts even killing Mission to shame in the first game when you can psychologically break innocent people, crush lives like dry petals, sell people into slavery, torture, lie, corrupt and manipulate most people you come across during your journey. The dialogue and development of relationships throughout the game really do separate you from the 'puppy stomping psychopath' kind of evil staple, as I progressed through my dark playthrough, it really hit me at certain points that even I thought my character was a monster, that and being a walking harbinger of oncoming desolation is more than a bit unpleasant.

I would concur that Chris Avellone's work on games such as Kotor II and Fallout New Vegas are a fascinating web of complex moral dilemmas and consequences of actions, the latter game is indeed full of potential for your character to become an atrocity of human nature, though I find the Legion isn't necessarily the sole representation of said evil actions; and as many have pointed out in this thread, nothing quite like munching on a few humans.

Though it is at times fun to act up the psychopath for mindless evil, one of my fondest memories being when my character, having felt inspired by Vulpes' work at Nipton, decided to emulate his figure of inspiration by walking into Camp Mccarran, thoroughly tooled up of course. Whereupon he produced a light machine gun and began spitting hails of bullets at the surprised NCR troopers that were on duty, it being just before dawn meant the majority of the camp received a rude awakening, so with the bullets thundering out, mowing down a number of guards, the few that survived the attack attempted to retreat, hobbling on broken and crippled limbs. This being for my character the equivalent of spilling a barrel of blood into Shark-infested waters, prompting him to stow his ranged weaponry and pull out his trusty Super Sledge, and with it he gave chase, cornering his wounded targets one by one and bringing down the Super Sledge upon their skulls, beating and bashing until the corpses were left as bloodied chunks and pieces, whilst relishing the screams that came with the bludgeoning.

Once the task was done, he decided to leave a mark by gleefully dragging as many of the bodies and messy pieces of human flesh as he could back to the front gate, and arranging them into a pretty little display that resembled a simplistic smiley face, one that left a disturbingly childish effort at art, albeit marred and perhaps changed by the use of mutilated corpses. However, he was not completely heartless or conservative about his work, for he graciously left a single 9mm pistol with a box containing just one bullet, neatly placed in front of the organic piece, so that any remaining NCR comrade to return to camp and discover the work would be able to end their suffering, and contribute to the work.

Said character would later become the darling of the Legion for his artistic efforts, even if he was later suspected of having sliced up his own inspirer with a ripper and hiding the body parts in the Ultra-Luxe front fountain, presumably out of some misguided sense of jealousy.

I fear I may no longer be in control of him...

trollax

Aug 1, 2011
lacktheknack said:
trollax said:
lacktheknack said:
trollax said:
In binding of Isaac I killed all of the beggars.
WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO YOU, YOU MONSTER?

...BESIDES EAT ALL YOUR MONEY?
I wanted devil rooms! They have good items.But the next run after i fed ALL the beggars.
I thought you got Devil Rooms from doing really well on bosses...
Base probability = 1%
Add the following percentages:
Have one Pentagram: +20%
Have a second Pentagram (Confirmed): +10%
Have Book of Revelations: +35%
Have Book of Belial: +25%
Killed 1 or more beggars in current level: +35%
Took no damage in current level: +35%
Took no damage on the boss: percentage unknown but probably around 20-25%
Then multiply by one of these:
Met the devil in the current level or the level before: 0.25
Met the devil two levels ago: 0.5
Met the devil three or more levels ago, or never during the current run: 1.0
Right from The Wikia

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
wintercoat said:
ProtoChimp said:
wintercoat said:
Goofguy said:
I tend to play a good character during RPGs as I am uncomfortable playing as a jerk. In Fallout 3, I was usually fighting for the little guy and giving them their freedom at every turn. However, this one time:

I was tasked by the folks at the Tenpenny Tower to clear out the nearby den of troublesome Ghouls. Being the good guy that I was, I ought to have helped the Ghouls instead as the folks in the tower were a bunch of pompous, self-involved asshats. At first, I was willing to hear out the Ghouls, until their feral friends attacked me incessantly. Oh and the Ghoul leader was being a jerk so I took him and his pals out.

The Tenpenny tower folks thanked me but Three Dog was less than impressed with my antics. I was surprised that they were so accepting of me seeing as how earlier I had blown off Tenpenny's face with a shotgun and dumped his corpse off the side of the penthouse balcony. Oh well, a pay day is a pay day.
What's funny is

If you help the ghouls, they end up killing and eating everyone in the tower. Technically, you actually did a good thing.
Okay is there- hang on.
Is there any non dickhead way to go about things? Is anyone in that situation not a twat? Cos I haven't done that quest yet and the only person in that situation who's opinion I care about really is three dog. Seeing as no one there, ghoul or human, cares about me or megaton.
Nope! :D

Either you take out the Ghouls, or the residents of Tenpenny Tower. There are two ways of going about helping the Ghouls. You can either help them slaughter the residents of the Tower, or you can convince the residents to allow the Ghouls in. If you convince them to allow the Ghouls in, the Ghouls eventually kill all of the humans.

Convincing the residents wins you points with Three Dog, and I don't believe he mentions the Ghouls killing the residents.

I hope I have answered all your questions!
Well all I give a shit about is my reputation. So cool.

Awesomesauce123

May 5, 2012
In Skyrim, I normally play as a hardcore conservative Imperial, but at night, outside of towns, I'll kill messenger people on the street, just to take the gold, letters, and books on them. Sometimes, I'll be a sadist bastard and light them on fire and just watch from a far point. I feel bad.

EDIT: Oh! Sometimes, I'll steal books I don't have from shops, again, just to have a complete collection of books.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
The only thing I can think of is chasing a friend of mine with TNT into a corner and then blocking her exit before setting off the TNT. I then got her to hit me so that my dogs would come in and attack her. I was laughing my ass off the whole time.

I can be really evil when I feel like it.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I hate being evil in games, I feel so guilty about it. But on my first playthrough of Bioshock I went for the bad ending and cackled with glee the whole time. It was my first ever time being evil in a game.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
In the Metal Gear Solid games once I get the Unlimited Ammo bonus I'm pretty much the biggest bastard ever.

I like to find a place where there's enough regular enemy traffic that I can stay there and confront an endless mass of faceless enemies as they're alerted to my presence just to see what kind of body pile I can make.

By the time I get bored the place is a crimson wasteland.

Also in Warcraft III I take my role as an all consuming undead plague seriously.

By the time I'm done with a map I've pretty much clear cut the entire forest and drained the land of all valuable resources.

I don't know why I do this, I know full well that my riches won't carry over to the next mission.

StashAugustine

Jan 21, 2012
ProtoChimp said:
Well all I give a shit about is my reputation. So cool.
Supposedly, there's a way on the wiki to get around it by killing Tenpenny at a certain point to break the chain. I didn't even find Tenpenny Towers before I got bored, so I don't know.

OT: Well, there's the entirety of Spec Ops: The Line. I generally don't play EVIIIIL! characters, but I do love being a jerk. Torturing soldiers in Just Cause, playing Renegade in Mass Effect, beating up rude people in Deus Ex. Actually, the two worst things were both from Deus Ex. In my second HR run, I purposely flunked the final argument, stabbed the guy to death, and played catch with his body. And in the first one, I murdered the hotel owner about twenty times trying to get the 'What a shame' line (which seemed to be bugged on my version.) I saved over that, though.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
During my insanely short run with the Old Republic, I kept the twileks slave collar on and shocked her at every chance I got because I heard if you did it enough she turns insane.

I never got to see that because I quit the game before I got to any important level with a sith warrior.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Is it considered evil if I left Duke Nukem to take the world's longest piss in a bathroom stall in the first level?

See, I started playing it one morning, then my Dad roped me in to hauling some stuff around until the early afternoon, then I hung out at my uncle's place for two days while we played old school video games for two days. Went back to my place only to discover that Duke took a muted 66 hour piss.

I laughed so hard knowing that Duke's bladder was that epic.

Or am I simply evil for playing the game in the first place?

CAPTCHA: left right. Damn right, I left him there.