Your most hated fictional character?

anti movie bob

Dec 14, 2012
For me it begins and ends with Peggy Hill. i love any king of the hill episodes where she gets her comeuppance. What's everyone else's?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Can you please define hate?

I consider there to be a difference between hating a character because they are poorly written, and "hating" a character because you are supposed to.

For example I hate Kai Leng from Mass Effect because he has terrible dialogue, looked ridiculous and was incapable of fighting me in-game but had magical cutscene power.

On the other hand, I hate Heath Ledgers joker in the context of the story (with the whole murdering decent people thing), but think the character himself is fantastic.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Susan Mayer (from Desperate Housewives) since half of the time she is a blubbering idiot (not in a good way like a comic relief character) or just an emotional raging harpy! What's worse is that she never learn from her mistake that her emotional high output is NOT a solution to her problem!

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
FUCK YOU AMY ROSE!

I think sonic team INTENTIONALLY made her annoying. But while Gearbox did it with Claptrap and he was endeering and hysterical, she is unbearable.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Inb4 Richard Rahl.

Eric Cartman from South Park. Watching him really aggravates me. It's kind of because he's meant to be annoying, but there is something else...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of...-you know.

I know the whole point behind her is to be annoying, but that is really all there is to her. That whole fucking show is like the British sitcom Keeping Up Appearances. Also a show where everyone pussy foots around this one annoying character, instead of ***** slapping her and telling her to shut the hell up.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
fapper plain said:
Lelouch Vi Brittania.

Such an annoying, stupid character. I mean, he was interesting for the first half, but after the time lapse, the writers were all 'lol who cares about writing consistent characters'.
But but , he lost his memory!

OT:Rinoa from final fantasy 8 . I hate her so much i refused to put her in my party , ever . I've played the game like 5 times and NEVER used her.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
It's very rare I come across characters I detest so much it puts me off watching a program but Buffy the Vampire Slayer managed it.

They brought in Buffy's little sister ... Dawn.

The single most irritating character i've ever had the misfortune to see.

My step daughter loves the Buffy/Angel thing (plus, Eliza Dushku was in them which eased my pain a bit) so I watch them with her (and Charmed but I could cope with that, it was worth the pain of bad acting) and just prayed for something ... ANYTHING ... to eat that annoying little gob shite.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
For me it's Cersei Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire. God damn I have never wanted to reach into a book and strangle someone before. Also her son Joffrey, he is a horrible git and that's putting it mildly.

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
Andrea in Walking Dead took the throne from Wesley Crusher (star trek TNG) in a surprise upset this year.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly...I FUCKING HATE Malcolm Reynolds from firefly. I have every last fucking thing about him.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I hated Yukari Takeba from Persona 3. She was rude, pushy, clingy, and annoying, and she always used Wind Break when I needed her to heal and put her on Support. Furthermore, her horrifically selfish actions in The Answer only increased my dislike for her. If she hadn't been a healer, I never would have kept her in my party at all.

I also hate River Song, of Doctor Who. Part of that's due to the problematic writing surrounding her and her backstory and part of it is because of her (also horrifically selfish) actions and reasoning in the sixth series finale.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Well, there's a couple that come to mind.

The entire cast of Soul Eater (Yes, even the ones that people go on and on about how badass they are.) When they're not being annoying they're just uninteresting. Their gags get old really fast.

Kirino from My Little Sister Can't Be This Fucking Annoying. There's tsundere, and then there's just being an angry, ungrateful, spoiled little brat. She tries to make amends towards the end but it's too little too late.

The main cast of Working!!. Same problem I had with the Soul Eater cast. When they're not unlikable dicks they're unlikable idiots. And just like Soul Eater, their gags get old pretty fast.

Other than that, there's really not a lot of fictional characters I hate. Hell, most characters people hate I actually end up liking. It's takes a lot to really annoy me.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Padwolf said:
For me it's Cersei Lannister from A Song of Fire and Ice. God damn I have never wanted to reach into a book and strangle someone before. Also her son Joffrey, he is a horrible git and that's putting it mildly.
This. Joffrey is one of the most evil characters in any book, ever.

His death made Storm of Swords my favourite in the series

Oct 12, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Inb4 Richard Rahl.

Eric Cartman from South Park. Watching him really aggravates me. It's kind of because he's meant to be annoying, but there is something else...
+100 Cartman is perhaps the single most vile character I've seen in a show for quite some time, so he IS meant to be annoying. But beyond that, the character is as amusing for me as passing a kidney stone.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Hmm.... to quote Dawkins...

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

And I'm sorry, but until there is definite and irrefutable evidence that this god person exists, they ARE a fictional character.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Padwolf said:
For me it's Cersei Lannister from A Song of Fire and Ice. God damn I have never wanted to reach into a book and strangle someone before. Also her son Joffrey, he is a horrible git and that's putting it mildly.
I knew I wasn't going to be the first one to say either of them. Well, I'll add to the ASoIaF cavalcade with Khal Drogo, a looting and pillaging bastard, that a lot of people apparently like for some reason that has eluded me.

Also, you might want to fix that typo, you've got Ice and Fire mixed up.

mojopin87

Jun 5, 2009
I have a few.

Cersei and Joffrey from A Song of Ice and Fire. Hated them both so much.

Peggy Hill is annoying as hell, hated the Peggy centric episodes of King of the Hill.

Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter. Just, ugh. First time I read it, her whole worldview/attitude had me shaking at times I was so angry.