Your most unlucky purchase

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
saintdane05 said:
Shanicus said:
saintdane05 said:
I once purchased a copy of Pokemon Quartz. If there any Pokemon fans, you should recongnize something wrong with that.

I'm sorry, but that was my reaction after reading that. That's just... damn. I honestly didn't think they sold physical copies for the knock-offs - guess I was wrong. Hopefully you weren't too out of pocket for your mistake though.
Ten bucks for a rom hack. A pretty poor one to.

The box on the table looked to be convincing to my five year old self.

Which is strange considering you was born in 1987 (if your profile is correct), which would make you at least fourteen at the time of the Gameboy Advance release.

Admit it to yourself, you dun goofed.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Jazoni89 said:
Which is strange considering you was born in 1987 (if your profile is correct), which would make you at least fourteen at the time of the Gameboy Advance release.

Admit it to yourself, you dun goofed.
Admission Time! I lied on my profile! I was actually born in 1997. One of my earliest memories was of my brother playing Sonic the Hedgehog on a hand-me-down Genesis. It broke when I was 4. My second consol was a Dreamcast, then GBA's. My first Pokemon game was Gold.

I actually do this all the time. It was how I was able to play Runescape a long time ago. Good memories, running around with all those guys who did nothing but cut down trees.

Why were you checking out my profile, anyway? Looking to come over and play? I can give you the time of your life...

*gives a Corruption of Champions goblin grin*

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
saintdane05 said:
I once purchased a copy of Pokemon Quartz. If there any Pokemon fans, you should recognize something wrong with that.
o.o;; ouch ....

OT: several, actually, all are recent (this gen) though

i bought
White Knight Chronicles, expecting the hyped on the box 'custom character' to have a kick ass adventure bot on and off line. what i got, was a lame, cliche ridden mess of a game that STILL pisses me off even now.

Ninja Geiden Sigma. Ninja Geiden? for the PS3? sweet, black was awesome *buys it* wtf is this shit?! who's ever idea it was to go from Black perfect difficulty to ... Sigma, needs to be beaten with rubber tubing. i with out shame or irony, traded it in for Folklore, which turned out to be a far better game :)

Mass Effect 1&2, got these on steam, expecting to be blown away by awesome. instead i got a lame shooter with an uninteresting plot. to this day i have never made it past getting Tali in ME 1. i only paid like $10 for both on a steam sale, but i still feel ripped off :/ and sadly, i can't delete them from my steam account or give them away (both have been activated) :/

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Plants vs Zombies on Xbox Live Arcade. I already owned it on iPod Touch, but thought it would be a good game for me and my girlfriend to play together. Imagine my reaction when it had dropped to 600MSP (I bought it for 1200MSP) the very next day.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Purchasing Stronghold 3: Gold Edition off of Steam for both my brother and I was the single dumbest thing I have ever done with my money, ever. I purchased it for the both of us for the sole purpose of playing the multiplayer, as we have a great time playing the occasional match of Stronghold Crusader.

Stronghold 3 is most definitely not Crusader.

The game refuses to run even on the lowest graphical settings on my computer, and the multiplayer refuses to work at all. Literally, the buttons for the multiplayer interface do nothing. I had no interest in playing the single player, only the multiplayer with my brother.

Worst use of $60 I'll never see again, bar-none.

Moderated

May 12, 2012
Steam support is actually really helpful, or so I've heard.
Try being nice and just telling them what happened.

strangemoose

Aug 29, 2009
i bought dawn of war 2 from steam for $20, no joke about an hour later it went on sale for $5 i nearly punched my monitor

Kyoh

Oct 12, 2010
Bought Platinum Edition of a Scrabble board game (don't judge me!) for $50. The next day it dropped to $2. Two. Fucking. Dollars.

Le sigh.

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
About $20 on some Robin Hood game for the PS2. Being young, I didn't understand the mechanics so I hated it, and to this day it is my only return same day.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Jonluw said:
This happened at the end of the Russefeiring [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russefeiring].
I had just finished a period of a week or so of nearly constant partying/hanging out with friends 'till late at night.
I was walking home from a friend early in the morning, knowing that the russefeiring was now over. I was tired as shit, and hadn't eaten any proper food in a day or so. So I decided that popping by 7/11, buying a calzone and a cup of coffee, and walking down to the docks to watch the water and relax for a bit would be a good idea.
Understand that this was the first cup of coffee I'd gotten my hands on since the russefeiring started. It cost me $5 and there've been few things in my life I've looked forward to as much as this cup of coffee.
I managed to get 50 meters from the shop before a pidgeon shat in my cup.
Lid.

That is all.

In any case, Amnesia and Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines. Neither of which will even attempt to run on my computer.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
Jonluw said:
This happened at the end of the Russefeiring [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russefeiring].
I had just finished a period of a week or so of nearly constant partying/hanging out with friends 'till late at night.
I was walking home from a friend early in the morning, knowing that the russefeiring was now over. I was tired as shit, and hadn't eaten any proper food in a day or so. So I decided that popping by 7/11, buying a calzone and a cup of coffee, and walking down to the docks to watch the water and relax for a bit would be a good idea.
Understand that this was the first cup of coffee I'd gotten my hands on since the russefeiring started. It cost me $5 and there've been few things in my life I've looked forward to as much as this cup of coffee.
Lid.

That is all.
The cup did have a lid.
However, the bird shat exactly in the tiny mouth-hole.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Jonluw said:
Binnsyboy said:
Jonluw said:
Lid.

That is all.
The cup did have a lid.
Must have been hawkeye's pet bird.

Did you get another?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
Jonluw said:
Binnsyboy said:
Lid.

That is all.
The cup did have a lid.

Did you get another?
No, but I didn't ask for one either.
I went and bought coffee and some sorbet somewhere else instead. Somewhere with better coffee than 7/11.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
This has less to do with price and more to do with the technical problems of which that particular format the game I bought had.

skyrim+ps3=

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Jonluw said:
Binnsyboy said:
Jonluw said:
Binnsyboy said:
Lid.

That is all.
The cup did have a lid.

Did you get another?
I went and bought coffee and some sorbet somewhere else instead. Somewhere with better coffee than 7/11.
Blessings in disguise and all that...

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Sacred 2.

Watched in horror the terrible trailer, endured the craptastic gameplay for 10 minutes and wept in silence. 60 bucks utterly wasted.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
Jonluw said:
Binnsyboy said:
Jonluw said:
Binnsyboy said:
Lid.

That is all.
The cup did have a lid.

Did you get another?
Blessings in disguise and all that...
Eh, I don't know if I'd call it a blessing.
It's more like I decided to go and buy something else to compensate for the crappy start to my day.