Your nightmares.

Aphantas

Apr 29, 2010
I don't get nightmares often, but I remember them quite well and when I do.

In the last one I had I was some sort of tower guard on the rampart of a castle, my assignment was to ensure that nothing passed though the gates.
There I was just doing nothing and reading a magazine or something, when out of the corner of my eye I see some sort of black shape scuttle through the gate.
Now normally when something like this happens in one of my dreams I either avoid it or wakeup; There always seems to be a sense of foreboding just before a nightmare takes hold of the dream. However I was guarding the gates and so had to check it out.
I go to look and that ghost from The Grudge crawls over the wall where I am standing. I try to run and fall somehow and feel her fetid breath on the back of my neck and claws about to grab me.
I wake up, however I am still paralyzed with fear because I can still sense her behind me in my bed, and I knew that if I looked or made any sound I would be taken by her.
Eventually I calmed down and got back to sleep, I never did look behind me though.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I haven't had any dreams that I would consider nightmares in years. Anything that might come close just gets labeled as another crazy-ass dream.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I did have some very vivid daydreams after watching Black Swan. I work outside some nights, and after I saw the movie, out of the corner of my eye, I swear I would see
Natalie Portman come running towards me in mid silent screech with those backwards legs she thinks she had.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Ok here we go, here a recurring Nightmare I keep on having-note is very NSFW:

I'm standing in a white room and there are three beautiful naked women, one is blond the other a brunette and last a black haired one-they begin to masturbate and as they do a black liquid start to come from their vagina and instead of moaning they are screaming suddenly their stomach began to expand to the point when they look like they are pregnant.

They begin to start clawing and ripping instead of masturbating-the screams get louder and the black liquid starts to cover the whole floor-I try to move/run away but I'm frozen-then a fetus burst?s out of their vagina twitching and gurgling with a puffy/bloated body the women then start devouring the fetus with sickening crunching noises.

This is when I wake up-the first time I had this dream I had wet myself and ran to the toilet to throw up-now I just wake up in cold sweat feeling sick to my very stomach-this dreams happens about once a year I have no idea what it means or what has caused it.

Also I think this Amv is relevant to this thread:

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I don't have nightmares .

However , after watching UMVC3 Evolution tournament last week , I dreamt of Zero ( the characater from Megaman ) all night . Needless to say , i didn't feel rested when i woke up .

Pipeline

May 5, 2013
I once had a nightmare where there was an impossible and frankly dangerous escalator in some kind of shop. Instead of stepping on it forward, it was embedded in a wall with a large gap to step across.
I got on it, then suddenly realised it was going up and was going to throw me off at the top, which was only a few feet away. I grabbed at the escalator steps in hopes of clinging on and waiting until I got back to the top, but no sooner had I been flung down into the maintenance portion of the escalator I realised there were huge gears which seemed to be making the escalator move underneath. Instead of letting go, (Because there seemed to be a never-ending drop below) I clung on. Just as I got to the gears, instead of being crushed to death I phased through them, my body contorting at a weird angle. I then teleported to where a dog was sitting, thumping its tail against the floor. I went to pat it on the head and my hand phased through it.

I believe the dog part was brought on by playing Assassin's Creed 3. I was wandering around and saw a dog. I decided to pat it, but Connor's hand clipped through it, possibly because the dog was on a slope.

It doesn't really sound very scary, but it was for me at the time.

P.S: First forum post! Woo!

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I used to have recurring dreams of floating in the void with a tiny ball floating in front of me. I know this ball represents the universe in its entirety and I watch, helpless, as it disintegrates into nothing.

These days I have recurring dreams about the zombie apocalypse. Situation, location and featured people change, but in the end I'm just running from the walking dead.

It's hard to call the zombie dreams 'nightmares' though, as these days they rarely scare me. More than once I've been aware of what was happening and thought "Huh - another zombie dream then? Oh well, here we go."

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
It's hard to remember a lot of details, and in retrospect my most recent "nightmares" are not really bad at all.

The worse dream I had was when I was a kid. I can't remember a lot of details, but I was attacked by a swarm of bees, except the bees had these almost human-like faces but made of wood I think. They eventually completely swarmed and covered my vision. It stopped there because I woke up and hit my head on something because I sprang up so suddenly.

ComandaKool said:
I have a few reoccurring nightmares.
1. Call it unoriginal but I dream that I'm falling and just as I'm about to hit the ground I wake up, usually in a panic.
I get a reoccurring dream like that too, except for me there doesn't ever seem to be a bottom. Blurs of well lit sky-blue rush past me and the air around me feels like if you were just standing in front of an A/C.
Falling in my dreams are quite pleasant. The times when it's not is when I actually fell from my bed, but I'd snap awake then.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I have nightmares where I cant open my mouth or my teeth are falling out.
I probably need to get my teeth adjusted because I seem to be grinding my teeth in my sleep

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
Binnsyboy said:
I don't know if you've read the works of Tolkien, but in the dream, the line of the Stewards of Gondor have some form of hereditary dream. Faramir has the recurring dream, that was once experienced by Boromir.

The freaky nub of it is that Tolkien himself had a recurring dream that seemed to detail the fall of Atlantis, and having never shared details of the dream with anyone, was disturbed to find one day that his son Michael had experienced the same dream.
I do remember Faramir and Boromir's dream, and knew that Tolkien's dreams of tidal waves/Atlantis were what helped inspire the story of Numenor, but I actually had no idea about his son having had it as well. Crazy.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
The worst ones I've had have all been about guilt. Me cheating on boyfriend has occurred several times even though I've never cheated on anyone in my life. I wake up thinking for a minute that it really did happen, that everything has gone to shit and I'm the worst person in the world. I don't need a psychologist to tell me that I have a fear of being a terrible girlfriend/losing control/fucking things up.

A different one I had was me walking around dead. I tried to talk to people, but no one saw me, and slowly in the dream I began to realize that I was dead and would never be alive again. Educating as it was, it took me a day or two to shake that melancholy.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I have properly fucked up nightmares sometimes. I remember one where there were weird wire mesh skeleton things with skin draped over them, trying to murder me.

I don't remember ever having recurring dreams though, good or bad.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
I have a recurring nightmare where I pick a fight with someone twice my size, but when things actually get physical, I pull all my punches. I try and try to really slug the guy, but I always ease up at the last second, and he is not at all afraid to take advantage of it.

Also? Slender Man. Yeah, I know, trite, and really I don't find him that scary when I'm awake, but he keeps bloody showing up in my nightmares.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
I have weird/trippy dreams all the time these days. They all revolve around my anxiety it seems. The funniest one I had was earlier this morning (I fell back asleep so I had a second/third/fourth dream). The Queen of England of all people was in my fucking house having tea with my mom.

My mother is an Anglophile who loves the royals so it fits, but why was her majesty asking my about for my opinions regarding a wide range of issues? It creeped me out for some reason, maybe because I have this mental image of the royals thinking commoners have cooties and mustn't go near us or talk to us unless if absolutely necessary for a public function.

Bluestorm83

Jun 20, 2011
I've had some really good ones.

In one, I was lured back inside my old school by a girl I'd always wanted, but who was never interested in me when I went there. But when I got inside she was gone. I tried to find her, since, well, she was WAY ready, if you know what I mean, before I followed her inside. But as I explored, I found myself lost. There were all these twists and turns and halls and boiler rooms that were never there in the first place, and I kept hearing voices but couldn't find anyone else. Then I realized: I followed her into my old school, but the school wasn't where it was supposed to be. It was blocks away from its real location. Whatever I was inside was alive, and now was changing its shape to keep me there, toying with me, and there was no way out. I never escape, just eventually wake up.

I've had the classic "falling" dream. But once, I realized it was a dream and the panic left. I was like, "Yeah, I'll wake up before I hit the ground." Then I hit the ground, and heard a sharp crack. And I realized that I could see my own back; my neck had broken and my head was twisted around the wrong way. And there was blood EVERYWHERE. And I thought, "Oh God, this wasn't a dream, I'm about to die." Then I wake up.

One rather unconventional dream had me going out my front door up to buy some dinner for myself, when I suddenly noticed that the clouds in the sky were gone, and it was just a clear blue, the exact blue you might get if a TV isn't getting any input on that setting. Then the trees were gone. Then the houses and the ground. And I was floating in a blue void as a booming otherworldly voice announced that the world had ended, glory to Allah. Being a Christian, I remember thinking the exact words "Well, I'm fucked," in the depressed acceptance that even though I was most likely damned, at least whichever God was actually real was taking care of business now. Then I woke up.

Those are my real nightmares, and the trapped in a living malevolent structure one reoccurs, though the circumstances change from time to time. But on the whole my dreams are usually really nice, and I'm usually more annoyed to wake up than relieved.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Zombie Sodomy said:
Ever since I got done with school I've been having this recurring dream that I'm back there. No axe murderers or monsters, just regular school. God I hate that place.
I occasionally find myself back in high school, only the layout is completely rearranged, I rarely find anybody I actually know and my fucking locker refuses to open. I always just loiter around and never go to class.

Headdrivehardscrew said:
It's amazing how insignificant even the worst nightmares get when you make a habit out of ritualistically drinking a cup of tea, coffee or other non-sweetened glass of pretty much anything healthy right before going to sleep.

You won't remember much of the insignificant brain defragmentation process. Your brain will, however, create more and more ludicrously detailed toilets to tempt you into peeing yourself. It will grow into an all-out open warfare of the wits between you and your brain. Last night, my brain lured me into the toilet of a cheese dairy. It was complete and utterly amazing, right down to the bee honey and olive oil bar of soap.

You almost got me there, brain. But the soap didn't smell. Big mistake.
I often pee into toilets in my dreams but I simply continue to feel the need to pee, so I keep going and going. I wake up and realize it was all a dream and yet I haven't pissed myself. Thanks subconscious, you mah boy!

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Usually it's something along the lines of my teeth falling out, and falling from heights.

I haven't had anything that's scared me after I woke up from it in a few years. Last one I had I was being chased by an angry Chimera looking creature. I had a few dreams recently after receiving death threats from my ex's boyfriend (me and her were together at the time, they had been split for a few weeks... long story)

My nightmares also seem to be controllable... as in I know it's a nightmare while it's happening, but I can't wake myself up, but I can alter the reality of the dream to a certain extent.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I usually remember my nightmares very clearly, and they're often to do with great heights with strong wind, or strange faces in the dark. The ones that don't wake me up are really random.