Your opinion or thought on Love?

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
I think its a good thing

But saying that, Im in love at the moment, and in a relationship with that person, and shutter to think what it would be like to lose that over of some petty contrivance

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
Realitycrash said:
I believe in love. Love is a biochemical state of mind which causes certain physical, social and mental responses that we generally associate with affection of different forms.
I believe in it because I can A: Apply the scientific-method to have it tested. I can cut people open and study their neurological patterns and biochemical interchange (well not me per se, but others with the technical know-how), B: Study the social interactions between humans that are in love, and C; I have experienced it myself.
this
i don't want to belittle whatever feelings people think they have but love is less magic than it is science

this pretty much sums up the average male lonely hearts ad

and if my local paper is anything to go by the average female ad reads a little like:

"i have big tits and blond hair, i'm not fat. searching for a rich guy to pay my bills in exchange for sex"

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
A goal is to experience it, one day. That one day will come, I am sure of it.
KefkaCultist said:
WHAT IS LOVE?! BABY DON'T HURT ME, DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE!

Ahem, sorry 'bout that...
BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA

Mar 9, 2010
To me, love is liking someone a lot. Trying to explain it any other way is foolish and fruitless because you'll not be able to explain it right. There's nothing wrong with it being explained like that, it's still as meaningful as it once was, just simpler.

Toy Master Typhus said:
Love is dead in this day in age with higher expectations of ones partner and lower tolerance to settle for less. It has become nothing more then a financial or social-political bonus. Perhaps I am just jaded from personnel experience but everyone (myself included) goes into relationships assuming their partner is exactly the way they wan them then the little things start poking at your smile; and before you know it your happier to go to work then be at home.
So very edgy and angst filled. I'd say enjoy high school but with that post looking the way it does I'm not sure you will. Seriously though, could you be much more cynical? It doesn't make you look as wise and experienced as you think it does.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
This is going to sound like I'm a real downer, but I don't believe in romantic love. To me love is a mental state of co-dependence. It's unhealthy to an extent.

Oct 2, 2012
I believe in it, its an emotion like any other. Perfectly natural and observable.

I don't think I've ever felt it though and have no idea what love actually feels like.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
++Be warned - I don't filter myself on The Escapist. This is all pure truth as I have experienced it, with no regard for how sappy and OTT-sounding it may seem.++

Rose and Thorn said:
Do you believe in love?
Yes

Rose and Thorn said:
What is love to you?
-True love is the most powerful thing in the 'verse. It's enduring. It's forgiving. It is blind.

-Actual love is something that CANNOT be understood by those who have never experienced it (I have tried a length to communicate the notion to a handful of friends who were like "Yea yea, I get it" only to have them come back to me years or months later saying things akin to "Holy crap, man, I didn't understand what you meant about love when you explained it to me before, but now it all makes perfect terrifying sense".

-To care for things as if they were people, is illusion
To care for people as if they were things, is violence
To care for people as if they were people, is justice
To care for people as if they were ourselves, is love...

-Love is the realization that someone in the world is more important to you than you are to yourself.

-You cannot truly live, until you find what you are willing to die for.

-In love's name men do things they would never consider doing for honor.

-All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon sand.

-Love can destroy you on a whole other level beyond something so simple as death.

-Love can be your greatest power and your greatest weakness.

-The crucible of love can forge the most heroic of souls and the most vile. It has the potential power to completely reshape lives and personalities.

-Love is not always so simple as only loving a single person. It can make your life INCREDIBLY complicated.

Rose and Thorn said:
What ISN'T love to you?
Lust is not love.
A crush is not love.
"Love at first sight" is not love.
Infatuation is not love.

Rose and Thorn said:
Get technical, stay simple. Be detailed, or answer vaguely. Give me your honest feelings on this one word, and what it means to you.
I have a friend.
She's the first person I ever loved.
We have never been together.
She has become one of my best friends.
She is the person I trust most in the entire world.
I have unflinchingly loved her for 8 years now, and it took me 5 years to also love someone else.
She is the sole reason that I became a force for good.
She is the reason I am loyal, honest, chivalrous, humble, empathetic, protective.
She is the reason I have no fears for my own life.
She is the reason I became deeply philosophical and earned myself a wide array of wisdom.
She has unwittingly had the single greatest impact on my life that anyone or anything ever has.

I close my eyes just to look at her, to see her when I wake up is the dream.
I look into her eyes and see a world that doesn't exist; a world I wish I was in.
When she's around the rest of the world sort of disappears and the world is just the two of us; every color shines, every sound becomes music.
She gave me the first understanding of why humanity thrives, what makes the world go round, what has driven humans to achieve some of the most epic feats in all of history.

She made me face my own personal hell - but she didn't let me do it alone. And through that trial by fire she single-handedly gave me an iron will and forged me into someone able to walk the path of good and morality without doubt.
For these and a great many other things I owe her, and whether or not I ever awaken to a day where she is with me, I do intend to do all I can to repay her.

CAPTCHA:
"Which one is the biggest?"

....Mine. Probably mine. XD

JudgeGame

Jan 2, 2013
Love is the feeling that something or somebody and yourself are in fact part of a single entity. When two people find true love, the boundaries between one and the other disappear entirely. Finding true love is extremely difficult and highly improbable and it's important to accept this about life.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
EcoEclipse said:
I think love is the creator and destroyer of worlds. Beauty and horror entwined in a terrible glory that few find in its truest form.

A power beyond full comprehension, a life within life.
You think correctly.
:)

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
From what I've heard of it, apparently it's wonderful.

From what little I've experienced of something resembling it, every time except once it has left me disappointed.

I believe in it, but trying to find it is like trying to shoot a bullseye with a sawed-off shotgun at a target 200 meters away while blindfolded, drunk and facing in the wrong direction.

The closest to what I've come in trying to define love is: such great attachment to and passion about something that merely thinking about it makes you forget everything else in the world.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
For a long time I didn't know what all the fuss was about and I was very cynical about the whole thing. Then it happened to me. Best.Thing.In.Life.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
what is love to me?

to me love is when a man throws all reason and rationale out the window and becomes an idiot.

that of cource does not mean i lost all hope on love... i am just saying that when a man is in love, he just becomes an idiot

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
For a long time I didn't know what all the fuss was about and I was very cynical about the whole thing. Then it happened to me. Best.Thing.In.Life.
Bingo.
And not a soul in the 'verse could have successfully explained it to you before you experienced it for yourself, right?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Ieyke said:
Adam Jensen said:
Bingo.
And not a soul in the 'verse could have successfully explained it to you before you experienced it for yourself, right?
Exactly. It's one of those things that you have to experience for yourself in order to just begin to understand it. And it's so abstract that no one could possibly explain the feeling. It's the best feeling in the world. On the other hand, unrequited love and heartbreak are the worst feelings.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
It exists, without question or doubt.. It's just hard to find.
and I believe it's so much more than just a chemical reaction in the brain. If you disagree with me, fine. I don't give two shits. This isn't up for debate.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I've heard love described as granting someone the power to destory you, but trusting that they won't.

I think it seems accurate. Obviously there's more to it than that but I kinda like that description.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012

More OT: Yuuuuup. I believe that love exists, and in several different forms. But the general feeling is something you would defend. Something you won't allow someone to find a single fault with without you offering a counter point. But, I am shit at putting down the feeling of profound feelings...

Feb 22, 2009
Yeah sure. Love is... love, you know precisely what it is because you've almost certainly experienced it at some point. What I don't believe is that love is any more valuable if it lasts longer; you can love someone for five minutes, doesn't stop it being love. I hate when people try to judge others' relationships and say stuff like 'that isn't love, that's just infatuation'. It's love if it feels like love, don't try to define it for everyone.