Your "Perfect Song"

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Offworlder said:
Nouw said:

I don't think I'll ever be able to refuse this song. Comfortable in whatever mood I'm in, and best of all it's uplifting.
Just wanted to say that's an amazing remix of a already fantastic song.

That's how it's done.
Indeed. I think of this song as one of the few standards there are to remixing a song. Beautiful.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
They're not my favourite band, it's not my favourite album of theirs, it's not my all-time favourite song (I'll never narrow that down) or anything like that; but there's just something about Tull's 'The Whistler' that plasters a smile on my face and makes me want to dance about. Best done at home, at the weekend, doing the cleaning.

Such. Good. Vibes!

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Easy. Anesthetize by Porcupine Tree. It's not their best song, but it is a song I'm never not in the mood for.

Oh, and it's a hair under 18 minutes long. Grab a chair.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Scars Unseen said:
Easy. Anesthetize by Porcupine Tree. It's not their best song, but it is a song I'm never not in the mood for.

Oh, and it's a hair under 18 minutes long. Grab a chair.
I was just about to choose Porcupine Tree too! Great band, but my choice would be this:

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
And that was awesome. Probably have to give it multiple listens for it to really sink in for me, but definitely a really nice song. In fact, I think I'll listen to it again right now!
NO! Don't do it - resist the temptation! I know how it goes - I went through it last year - first it was Daystar posting this song in one of the threads, so I listened to it. Then I listened to it again. Then I just left YouTube open and had it on repeat. Then I watched GITS and finally I got the whole soundtrack and it's now a regular part of my playlist. Don't repeat my mistake - at least for you it doesn't have to end like it ended with me.

OT: I think I'll go with Still Alive

I'm not entirely sure I would ever get tired of it. I'm quite happy having it on repeat at any one time - for some other songs I'll either need to be in a specific mood or maybe I get tired after an hour or something. Cyberbard is a close second, though.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The whole soundtrack of Fantastic Mr. Fox is wonderful, but this track takes first place. It just makes me wanna run and dance in a field of flowers.

This is the 80's sound of the future, today.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Its funny that the OP post was a blink 182 song, mine is also from them:

And x-Tomfoolery-x choice of "Weezer - Say it aint so" is also a high choice for me.

Also really like to hear Stabbing Westward's "The Thing I Hate" from time to time

iamjonah

Feb 19, 2010
I'm always in the mood for this song (I love songs that don't take themselves too seriously):
(I highly recommend listening to this after watching http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2709-Magneto-Was-Right )

notred360

Nov 23, 2011
Metal is pretty much the only type of music i listen to these days, and the trooper was the first piece of metal i ever listened to.
I will never tire of that iconic guitar rift, the outstanding vocals, i just love every thing about this song.

Also, iron maiden has the best cover art. I challenge anyone to find cover art as consistently good as those that iron maiden has put out over the years.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
I have one song that always makes me feel better.

I have no idea what language the song is in, or what it's about, but I just love the sound of the whole thing :D
Yeah I took that song off of you in a music thread a few months back, put it on my Ipod.
I'm going to go with this beauty, I use it for most music threads (although the question no matter how it's phrased, what is your favourite song?)
Might as well through something else in
Really good song, but I hate Imagine Dragon's other stuff. Also the official music video butchers the song, which is why this has more views than the official.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
I can't really say for sure what my perfect song is. I like too many genres that just usually don't gel with one another and that I all like for different reasons.

But from each genre, I have a perfect song that is an example of what I like out of that genre.

Rap/Hip Hop

This song has such monstrous energy behind it, a frantic pace, and lyrics that don't just flow well, but actually make sense in a poetic way.

Punk

There's way too much variation in the punk I like, so for brevity sake, I'll just put one.

Good pace, light but meaningful and clever lyrics, and uncharacteristically well played(take into account the lead singer is also lead and only guitar, and he's capable of a lot better).

Folk

When you absolutely must depress yourself, accept no substitutes for Irish folk music. Far Away Boys by Flogging Molly, Foggy Dew, Green Fields of France(not necessarily Irish, but has been given that flavor a few times).

A nice mix of modern and classic instrumentation carries a just touch different flavor to a good old song, though it's depressing as fuck.

Dec 15, 2009
A song that, no matter how many times I hear it, always manages to reveal a new layer for me is Bob Dylan's Mr. Tambourine Man.

I can listen to this song over and over again and it never gets old, not something I can say about many.

Skeggers

Mar 1, 2012
It's got to be either
or
These are just two of my favourite songs of all time; they're both just so perfectly executed, Daft Punk manage to find innovation in repetition, constantly subtly changing the track as it goes so you never get bored listening to it - it's amazing.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I'm terrible at choosing ONE favourite thing but I'll give it a go since I don't feel like posting my entire musical library.

And a live version because why not.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
First Muse song I heard; the song that convinced me to start playing bass, and the first thing I learned once I did start playing bass. And the guitar is sweet too.

But that said, Backbone by Gojira and Lateralus by Tool are close contenders. I've listened to those pretty much every day for years and still not got bored.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
I've been discussing this with my friends few days ago (well, not really discussing, mostly me talking and them nodding off) , but I do have a few songs that always make me feel better.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
someonehairy-ish said:
First Muse song I heard; the song that convinced me to start playing bass, and the first thing I learned once I did start playing bass. And the guitar is sweet too.

But that said, Backbone by Gojira and Lateralus by Tool are close contenders. I've listened to those pretty much every day for years and still not got bored.
Ah yes, I've always loved the guitar riffs in Muse's "Stockholm Syndrome", with "Hysteria" coming in a close second behind it. Disappointing how much they've squandered all of those guitar talents in their latest albums...

I don't listen to much Gojira, but Tool is the band that got me into progressive rock/metal. Lateralus is my favorite album by them, though I do think "Wings for Marie (Part 1)/10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)" are probably my favorite overall Tool songs. The emotional weight is a lot heavier than most of their other songs, even if the lyrical content isn't quite as deep as they normally get.