Your Pokemon Gym

Sep 17, 2009
If you were a Pokemon Gym Leader what would your Gym be like?

What type would you use? What would your team be?

For me I would use fighting type and I would make my puzzle a series of doors that open based on matching patterns. Like doing Simon says...sorta.

My Fighting Team (From B/W)

Conkledurr
Mienshoa
Emboar
Scrafty
Gallade
Breloom

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
I would use every type, and make my gym full of traps that instakill all of your pokemon. And have a one in ten chance of deleting your save.

Sep 17, 2009
.No. said:
I would use every type, and make my gym full of traps that instakill all of your pokemon. And have a one in ten chance of deleting your save.
This post does not fall within the guidelines of this thread...I love it.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
I would have a ghost gym. My lineup:

Dusklops
Gengar
Confagrigus
Chandelure
Rotom

My puzzle would probably involve lighting a bunch of lamps, they'd go out after a certain period of time, so you'd have to figure out the right pattern and timing to get all of them lit at once.

Sep 17, 2009
Kpt._Rob said:
My puzzle would probably involve lighting a bunch of lamps, they'd go out after a certain period of time, so you'd have to figure out the right pattern and timing to get all of them lit at once.
Wow have you put a lot of thought in this? That is a pretty clever trap for pokemon!

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
An overwhelming attack with Normal-types!

Tauros
Lopunny
Ursaring
Stoutland
Zangoose
Clefable

I actually have a lot more ideas for Normal types to use in a Gym. I love the normal-type.

Samechiel

Nov 4, 2009
Team Sexy Time's Sexy Gym (and barbeque pit)

Gardevoir
Lopunny
Roserade
Froslass
Mismagius
Vespiquen

It's mostly a bunch of scantiliy-clad pillowfighting followed by delicious ribs and brisket sandwiches.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Nautical Honors Society said:
Kpt._Rob said:
Wow have you put a lot of thought in this? That is a pretty clever trap for pokemon!
Not really, I was kind of just sitting here thinking "what would go good with a ghost gym?". It seemed to me that lighting lanterns would work well with the theme, and I remember some puzzles of a similar nature in some of the Zelda games, I figure they could easily be worked in a similar fashion into a Pokemon game.

Sep 17, 2009
Chamale said:
An overwhelming attack with Normal-types!

I actually have a lot more ideas for Normal types to use in a Gym. I love the normal-type.
Normal is actually one of my favorite types too, usually when asked this question I go with Normal, but Timburr is such a cool Pokemon so I have been really into fighting types.

My favorite pokemon is still snorlax.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
.No. said:
Thank you. But you did never really say that we couldn't make them as cheap as hell, or use all types of pokemon.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I'd have a lightning pokemon team composed of (I only know generation 1 w/ a few exceptions):
-Zapdos
-Raichu
-Magneton
-Electabuz
-Jolteon
-Zekrom (He's Dragon/electric :p )

My puzzle thingy would be a grid of like tesla coils and several switches throughout them. Using a switch turns on a coil but turns on another and you have to find the correct pattern to get to me while still fighting trainers (I have no idea if this has been done in any generations other than 1 since thats all I've played)

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
My gym would be Legendary.
My team,
Groundon
Dialga
Riaku
Ho-oh
Mewtwo
and Giratina.
My gym would have you traverse each biome and defeat one of each pokemon type. Massivly strong of course.

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
I'd gather all the lazy pokemon in a giant biodome

Snorlax
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Gloom
Jigglypuff
Polywhirl

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Samechiel said:
Team Sexy Time's Sexy Gym (and barbeque pit)

Gardevoir
Lopunny
Roserade
Froslass
Mismagius
Vespiquen

It's mostly a bunch of scantiliy-clad pillowfighting followed by delicious ribs and brisket sandwiches.
You pretty much beat me to it.

... Except that my gym would be pretty much a glorified brothel.

Sep 17, 2009
.No. said:
.No. said:
Thank you. But you did never really say that we couldn't make them as cheap as hell, or use all types of pokemon.
I should of made that more clear in the OP i guess haha.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Definitely Bug type. Specifically Spiders, because spiders make for awesome puzzle possibilities.

My team would consist of
Spinarak,
Nincada,
Bachuru,
Ariados,
and Galvantula.

The traps would involve picking up a stick, lighting it on fire, then rushing to burn a spider web gate (or switch) while it was still lit. The puzzle is figuring out which barrier you can get to in time (ok, so it's not overly complex... I would have one of the early gyms, #2 or 3. I have three unevolved pokes, after all...) Perhaps I could include a sort of web trap based on marked floor tiles that doused the flame if triggered, or locating color-coded spider keys...

Might as well rip off Legend of Zelda anyway, right? heh.

J4AZero

Feb 8, 2011
i'd have to make a gym that you can rechallenge with any type of pokemon i can think of but also making my gym fun (i'd love some feedback on more ideas)

and my team would be:
Victini (flame charge, zen headbutt, charge beam, brick break)
Gengar (shadow ball, psychic, focus blast, energy ball)
Salamence (flamethrower, dragon claw, zen headbutt, earthquake)
Garchomp (shadow claw, earthquake, flamethrower, dragon rush)
Gigalith (rock silde, rock smash, earthquake, gravity)
Spiritomb (ha ha wouldn't YOU like to know)

my plan for the gym would have to be starting out like the normal/ghost gym in R/S/E with the multi-path doors, ice floors, thin trainer packed walkways all leading up to an epic battle with the leader (me) on the roof. using a cannon to go up every floor...and just for kicks and giggles lets throw in wild pokemon, and weather effects on all the floors with the roof covered and clear...your going to need a few HMs to get across the gym though bwahahahaha

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Grass Type Gym easily, I've always loved Grass types for some reason.

Bellossom
Lilligant
Whimsicot
Roserade
Snover
Virizion

Yes, I'd put a legendary in there, you better be-fucking-lieve it.

J4AZero

Feb 8, 2011
KefkaCultist said:
I'd have a lightning pokemon team composed of (I only know generation 1 w/ a few exceptions):
-Zapdos
-Raichu
-Magneton
-Electabuz
-Jolteon
-Zekrom (He's Dragon/electric :p )

My puzzle thingy would be a grid of like tesla coils and several switches throughout them. Using a switch turns on a coil but turns on another and you have to find the correct pattern to get to me while still fighting trainers (I have no idea if this has been done in any generations other than 1 since thats all I've played)
yes this idea has been done with the electric gym from R/S/E