Your PokeSavior

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Ruby, 5th gym, the fight against Norman has taken its toll when suddenly slaking takes kirlia out, combusken emerges, double kick, it was over.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Made it through the elite four...got to Gary. My charizard against his blastoise. Nothing else left on either side.

Battle rages.

Run out of PP for ALL MOVES.

Charizard vs Blastoise in an epic struggle gauntlet to the death.

LIGHT IS BLINKING ON GAMEBOY. THE BATTERY IS GOING TO DIE SOON.

(Long story short: I won.)

But seriously. Nevar 4get.

halfeclipse

Nov 8, 2008
Pokemon silver, fighting bugsy for the 4th time ina row. His Scyther just got done kicking the crap out of most of my pokemon, but its down to a silver of HP. Last Pokemon is a level 7 Togepi. Use metronome figuring I'm about to loose and quick attack comes up. Kept that Togepi in my team for the rest of the game.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
can't think of any off the top of my head, but in my previous (and first) Pokemon Black playthrough, Aqua, my Simipour was a stupidly reliable pokemon to fall back on, even better than my Reshiram, Goliath. It just sent opponants flying with Waterfall :D

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Legodudeguy said:
Sorry for my stupidity in advance, I play, but don't know everything yet.

1, what is a Nuzlocke? I have heard of it, but I never found out what it is.

2, My Poke Saviour was when I was battling the Elite Four in Pokemon SoulSilver. It was the last opponent, the Champion with Dragon types. All my pokemon were wiped out, all that was left was a LvL 30 Dratini I got from the last gym in Johto that I was training with a Exp Share. He used Hyper beam the previous turn, so my Dratini used Twister in a feeble attempt to win while ti was charging. It was a critical. It KO'ed it, and I won.

After that, I went.

.......................how?

After that, I was dumbfounded and was more enpowered to play even more.
yup, it's the off-handed lucky breaks like that that all pokemon trainers live for :D like winning a battle by scoring 5 consecutive critical hits,

as for Nuzlocke, never heard of it? there's a pokemon called Nuzleaf?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The closest I have to a Pokesavior was in Red and against Sabrina, the Psychic Gym leader. I was getting my ass kick and I use Lapras ice bean at her Alikazam and by sheer luck it was frozen. This give me the time to ko and won the gym battle.

Rune342

Aug 26, 2008
I was playing a friend a couple of days ago actually. He had his Serperior and Zoroark left while I was just down to my Throh. Because Zoroark couldn't fight Throh, he tried to switch it out. Predicting this I used Circle Throw, which hits the opponent and forces them to switch pokemon. After throwing Serperior back into its ball four times(he kept switching it back out), it finally goes down, leaving just Zoroark. One Storm Throw later I win.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Pokemon Yellow. I was down to my pikachu (wasn't doing so good...) and realized: Double Team is AWESOME. Pikachu took out brock's entire party because they just couldn't hit him.

shinyumbreon

Mar 3, 2011
pokemon blue giovanni's nidoking down to my last.....arboc so what did i do
i explioted 1st gen mechanics and used wrap over and over

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
I beat my rival's level 53 venusaur with a level 16 bellsprout outside Victory Road in Blue Version.

Up to that point in the game, I only leveled my starter, squirtle. At the battle before Victory Road against my rival, I managed to take down all of his pokemon except his venusaur, which beat my weakened blastoise, then took down the rest of my party one at a time. They were all level 20's. I hadn't saved recently, so I decided to see the battle through to the end and sent out my weakest and only pokemon left.

My rival opened with poison powder, but it didn't work. I used the only attack I had, vine whip. I must have done two damage max. For some reason or another, my rival spammed poison powder every turn (I guess the AI was weak then.) Every turn, it failed. I kept using vine whip. Eventually, bellsprout wore it down and the venasaur fainted. My bellsprout leveled up 8 times from the experience. Best battle ever.

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
This is kind of relevant: In Pokemon White, I was training in the Desert Resort and happened to wander north towards the Relic Castle. Once inside, I was challenged by a certain psychic, whose only pokemon was a level 20 Sigilyph. I think all of my pokemon were about level 15 or so at that time, and that Sigilyph was a beast with his Psybeam. It wiped out five of my team members, and much to my horror, all I had left was a level 13 Throh that I only had in my party because I was going to trade it later for a Tepig. The Sigilyph was considerably weakened at this point, but I figured it wouldn't matter since it would no doubt Psybeam or Air Cutter the Throh and one-shot him, as both would be super effective. Sigilyph used Psybeam, predictably, and just when I thought it was all over, Throh survived. He was left with only a few hitpoints, but he somehow survived Sigilyph's devastating attack. I immediately retaliated and defeated Sigilyph.

You know the best part of that story? The trainer's name was Psychic Perry, and Perry is my name. Upon beating him I turned to my friend Michael and said,
"I have defeated myself!"
"You have deafeated your greatest enemy," he replied.
Man, that's like something out of the freakin' Twilight Zone.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
In White version I was walking around, and came across Cynthia. I accepted her challange not knowing that her Pokemon were 12 levels higher than mine, and started losing badly. Her first Pokemon was a Spiritomb who kept using double team. To counter, I used flash a bunch of times, hoping that decreasing it's accuracy would at least keep us even. After 2 of my Pokemon fell (mostly unable to hit it), I switched to my Excadrill. Knowing that attacking it head-on wouldn't work, I used sandstorm. Each turn Spiritomb would take a little damage from sandstorm, and every other turn I would use dig to increase my evasiveness. Between his decreased accuracy and my digging, I was able to draw out the fight long enough for sandstorm to win for me.

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
Legodudeguy said:
Sorry for my stupidity in advance, I play, but don't know everything yet.

1, what is a Nuzlocke? I have heard of it, but I never found out what it is.
Nuzlocke is a challenge run. It got it's name from this comic http://www.nuzlocke.com/ , which is a combination of Nuzleaf and Locke from Lost(dude is a huge Lost fan). There are 2 main rules: If a pokemon faints, it's considered dead and you have to release it. And you can only catch the first pokemon you see in each area, you make it faint, tough shit, move on. People sometimes add on to this such as only using pokemon centers once or no buying items. Also an unwritten rule is that you nickname all of your pokemon.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
well that momment didn't happen till gen 5 for me, It was a random trainer battle his pokemon kicked all except one of my pokemons butts, I send out The Mole (an excadrill) it pwnd and it pwnd every gym by itself, I will never train any other excadrill but only The Mole.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Ruby version, down to Norman's last Slaking, all I have left is the lame Baltoy I caught in the desert.
Wait, he knows dig...
*Dig*
Slaking:*misses*
*attack*
Slaking: *loafs*
*Dig*
Slaking: *misses*
*attack*
Slaking: *loafs*

Epic. Ownage. Thank god for that lame little dude.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Waaaaaaay back when Silver first came out, when I was young and had no idea how to effectively build a team, good ol' Whiteney's Miltank was stomping me yet again.

I picked up a Ledyba With the idea of training them to back me up, but for some reason didn't.

It was only like level 10, but for some strange reason, I battled her again without training. So I got stomped and sent my Ledyba out. I was like "Fuck it" and used Comet Punch. Punch! Critical hit! Punch! Punch! Punch! Punch mother fucker! Got so much experience for that one battle, it evolved into a Ledian. I was dumbfounded.

Comet punch has a 12.5% of hitting 5 times (the maximum) and I JUST killed it. Arceus must have been smiling on me that day.

maxibonito

Feb 5, 2011
Rayquaza in emerald. when in doubt, use rayquaza works every friggin time.
Unfortunately, my friend stole rayquaza from my pearl game (i sent it over with that pal park thing) and then, decided he'd be a prick and release him. he then punched me in the balls. no joke.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
I need to be 8?
I was battling the ice gym in White when he wiped out 5 of my pokemon and still had two left, one with full health and one with half. Luckily, Serperior KO'd the mid-health one and one-hit the second one with Leaf Blades.

I honestly thought I had no chance, especially since Ice>Grass.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
In Platinum, I was fighting the Champion. We both had our last pokemon. She had her Milotic with above half health, I had my Garchomp in red health. I use Dragon Rush. Hit. Critical. A loud scream for VICTORY! And it was only my second attempt and my Pokemon were around level 50.