Your PokeSavior

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
yanipheonu said:
Recently, my Smugleaf saved me when I was doing the Elite Four. I was fairly underlevelled, but luckly I had trained Smugleaf to have Reflect and Light Screen. Combined with Leech Seed and Leaf Blade he was always able to chip down the opponent's health, or pass on the defence boost to the rest of my party, making the matches more managable. Not to mention it's got a ridiculously huge speed stat, though the Hasty nature might explain that. Wouldn't have beaten them without it XD
:O...did you nickname him Smugleaf as well?!

OT: I spent a couple of days training up a volcarona to level 50/60 odd, and faced the revamped league (5 level 71s, 1 level 73). Despite him being over 10 levels lower then them, I manages to beat the entirety of the Ghost, Psychic, and Fighting Elite 4 members with him. Single handsd (Quiver Dance is BEASTLY)

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
Yeah. Way back with my Gameboy color. Not sure why, but there's some sort of a bug that made Giovanni's Pokemon unable to actually attack my tiny, underleveled, useless Bellsprout. Everything else was knocked out, and the Bellsprout was there just because I didn't have the evolutions yet. So it got sent out, and I was expecting to reload my game in a few secods.

Huh, the Nidoking used Leer. Might as well attack.
Leer again? Uh... attack I guess.
Wait, still Leer? What? Attack?
Oh look, another Leer. CHARGE!

And that's how it went. The same with the Nidoqueen, which just went with Tail Whip the whole damn time.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Not a gym leader, but Red, in SoulSilver. I'd tried a few combinations of pokes to fight him, but they always got KO'd in one hit by that damn Pikachu.

Then, I finally spent one morning searching the Cerulean Caves for one of my all time favorites, Mewtwo (I used to watch the anime, I only got into the games in the past year, but I've always loved Mewtwo. Doesn't hurt that it apparently shares my birthday. But I digress), and finally caught it.

For the hell of it, I decided to go to Mt. Silver and fight Red again. Mewtwo was holding a Twisted Spoon, and led my party (keep in mind, it was freshly caught. Lv. 70, but still). One Psycho Cut destroyed that Pikachu, and half of Red's party, the rest of my team took out the others.

I'm now considering writing over my SS save and going Nuzlocke, but I may have the chance to get Black, and I don't want to lose my awesome team...

chif-ii

Aug 31, 2010
The discovery that poison types were weak to ground helped me out so much in White.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
starfox444 said:
The Diabolical Biz said:
yanipheonu said:
Recently, my Smugleaf saved me when I was doing the Elite Four. I was fairly underlevelled, but luckly I had trained Smugleaf to have Reflect and Light Screen. Combined with Leech Seed and Leaf Blade he was always able to chip down the opponent's health, or pass on the defence boost to the rest of my party, making the matches more managable. Not to mention it's got a ridiculously huge speed stat, though the Hasty nature might explain that. Wouldn't have beaten them without it XD
:O...did you nickname him Smugleaf as well?!
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/smugleaf-snivy

OT:
I make my teams properly. I would not be in that situation you described. Either that or unleash INCINERAPE (Darmanitan).
Ah makes sense. I thought I was so imaginative :/

I dropped my Darmanitan, cos although his attack is monstrous, his speed, in my opinion, isn't high enough to justify his otherwise piss poor stats. And Zen Mode, whilst quite fun, is rarely even brought to the table because once he got hit, in my experience, he died.