Your Pseudonym, how did you come up with it?

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
I... honestly don't remember. I think it went something like "Hmm... AdjectiveRodent is a good combo. How about AngryMongoose?"

The Gnome Queen

Apr 14, 2011
McPulse said:
Usually I go by Fides, but apparently the escapist wont accept it, so I went for a joke on my last name.
Easy - My husband is The Gnome King. It was only fitting I be The Gnome Queen. ;)

As for our 'gnome' monikers, it came about during my first tabletop D&D game. We were both playing gnomes, he a sorcerer and me a druid. We would always attend the games together and if one of us couldn't make it, the other wouldn't go.

When we arrived for the game after missing it for a few weeks, our DM cried out, "The gnomes are here."

From that day forward, our group always called us "The Gnomes." That was nearly 8 years ago and the name stuck. Our friends still call us the gnomes and our house, no matter where we live, has been dubbed "The Burrow."

robodukky

Jul 7, 2010
I was making an account on something, and I thought to myself, what do I like? Robots and ducks of course! Put them together, and voila, I got robodukky.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
I don't remember, heard it from a friend somewhere sometime. It stuck too well for me to ever really change.
AvsJoe said:
My name is Joseph and I am a fan of the Colorado Avalanche NHL team.

Hence: [user]AvsJoe[/user].

[sup][sup]The fact that the most famous and successful player in the history of the franchise is also named Joe (Joe Sakic) is just a coincidence.[/sup][/sup]
Funny, I am wearing his jersey right now.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Dunno.

Just thought of it.

Although I go by Grim Victor on literally everything else now.

So yeah.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Red vs Blue Episode 2, "Red Gets a Delivery".

It's also my PSN, except when I made that I accidently added an "m" after the "u".

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
A joke from a few of my friends when we were finding the Dark Side of the Rainbow of why the Munchkins didn't just shoot the wicked Witch when she appeared in Munchkinland when Dorothy first arrived in Oz in Wizard of Oz. What we later imagined was a Rambo-esque munchkin randomly pulling weapons out of hammerspace as he mowed down the Witch and her legion of flying monkeys...

Yes, we were stoned out of our minds, but it was something hilarious and I called dibs on it.

TheDragon13

May 12, 2010
When we got a wrestling game for the N64 when I was 8 or 9 (huge fan of wrestling and wrestling games until I was like 17) , my brother suggested that we create our own wrestlers with our own names. I really liked the wrestler Ultimo Dragon but I didn't want the entire name and didn't care much for the Ultimo part so I replaced it with '' The ''.It became my gaming name and every time for the last 13 years I get to name an account on a site or a character in game, I always put TheDragon or simply Dragon. Not to mention that I really like dragons...

I add the 13 when I need to because it was the number of my favorite hockey player around the time I created that name and I grew to really like the number early on in my life (still my favorite number). Not to mention that I was born March 31, so it's backward of my birthday (the number I use when 13 is unavailable).

tjcross

Apr 14, 2008
back in the 3rd grade we had a vip thing where one of the kids was special for a week when asked my nickname i came up with tjcross t(homas) j(oseph)cross(instead of my actual last name crosby NO I AM NOT RELATED) and i just stuck with it

Alkaline

Mar 12, 2011
"Alkaline" is the final track of Circle of Dead Children's Human Harvest album.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Circle_of_Dead_Children/Human_Harvest/19777

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
When I made it, I was going through a period of trying to establish self identity.

My new pseudonym is Vault Tec Representative...because Fallout is my favorite series.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
SkyrimOrBust said:
dkyros said:
My name comes from a struggle from within, conquering crushing depression and coming out the other side. By this I mean that this was the name of my first D&D character. The half red dragon half drow that kicked everyones asses.

The d is a surname that is actually not pronounced (so its not da-kyros its just kyros). The surname is a mysterious word that starts with d. Kyros was a mix between my real name and the word zero. (10 virtual dollars to the first person to guess my real name).
Kyle?

Mine is somewhat obvious. Though before I even knew TESV was Skyrim I assisted in the development of an Oblivion mod in which the map was expanded to allow a bit of Skyrim with some towns. THe name of the mod? Skyrim or Bust.

EDIT: I see someone won the name competition before me. Fuck.
lol was just about to say that XD

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
My name is in Swedish and is a kind of curse you could put on someone. You'd put together things like bones and blood, wrap it up in yarn and put it somewhere the person you want to curse might find it and try to unravel it.

It can also be a supernatural creature (I think) of various kinds.

Truth be told I've never got hold of a good explanation of the word; I just think it sounds cool =P

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
My pseudonym came from two things: my love of books and my love of games.

The first part, Soren, came from this character of the same name in the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series, which when I started using the internet I was really in to. Also, Soren is the base name for all my internet accounts, so it also represents my love of the internet.

The second half was hard for me to come by. I wanted to showcase my love of games, but I didn't know what name to use. Besides of it being a matter of what game character it should come from, it was also a matter of if it sounded good with Soren. I considered MacTavish, Freeman, and others, but they didn't sound right. I zeroed in on taking a name from Mass Effect, since it was and still is my favorite game series of all time. I did consider Shepard, but it just didn't sound good, plus that would then make my initals SS.
Then, I looked to my favorite squademate and I knew I had my name.

Henceforth, I was Soren Alenko.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
<-- It's Japanese for "Rose Princess"

It's a reference to Revolutionary Girl Utena, my very favorite anime ever.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
From when I played WoW. I thought "Manicotti, Champion of the Frozen Wastes" was friggin' hilarious. And it totally was.

Aug 25, 2009
Stole it from someone back in High School. Means 'Black black' in Greek, or so I'm told but the closest translation I can find is 'melas' (meaning dark or black) and 'zophos' instead of 'zepheos'. I actually used it with permission from the girl as the name of a character based on her in a book I was writing, then when we parted ways and I started to use the internet more it was the only character I knew I wasn't going to write anymore so the name was free.

For the record, I consider it to be pronounced 'zef-ay-os', but really it doesn't matter since I'd hardly be communicating verbally with anyone who might read it.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
All my in game characters and names for various forums are character names from a book I started writing then gave up but it was pretty cool and might start writing again. Zantos was a lich who was particularly good with close quarters magic.