Your signature melee weapon

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Putty knife and a sonic knuckle duster. The putty knife is inspired from a book I read, it's a blunt rod of metal/carbon fibre slightly resembling a knife, at the press of a button the top third heats up to the temperature of a star, glowing blindingly bright. It has a directional force field to prevent convection from burning me, but it cuts through object through heat alone. I have to wear dark goggles for the light. The sonic knuckle duster looks a little like a normal knuckle duster but releases a huge concussive force when I hit someone that send thems flying.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Fists, knuckles, claws at worst.
Favourite weapon in Devil May Cry? Beowulf.
Favourite weapon in Darksiders? Earthcaller.
There's nothing better than using powered-up uppercuts on those enemies, instead of going swish-swish with your girly sword.

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
It's funny, but all this talk of Signature Weapons reminds me of Noble Phantasms from Fate Stay Night.

Pick your weapons well, you may be summoned with them later.

SIXVI06-M

Jan 7, 2011
Wenseph said:
A crossbow with a sniper scope.
Melee weapon eh? :p - I suppose you can beat someone over the head with that and perhaps shatter the scope on your victim so can give them a few nasty cuts.

As for me: Tonfas pure and simple :D.

I don't know why everyone is going with bladed weapons - but just to follow trend - a poleblade/naginata; I actually designed my own some time ago - the blade is about 3 feet long and the handle is equal in length - the catch is, the handle and blade are detachable so the blade attachment can be a regular blade as well, and well- you can club people with the 3-foot handle). I'd also designed a number of attachments to the handle so it has a pick, a longer blade, a cleaver, a rod, etc etc.

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
I would go for the katana. Agile and deadly. I don't like the contraptions which are attached to your hand. In real situations I want to be able to move my hands or drop the thing I am holding. Billions of baddies have died from the hard-fitted melee weapons getting stuck somewhere.

After katana I would choose the scope-fitted crowbar (a.k.a. the sniper crowbar) :)

SIXVI06-M

Jan 7, 2011
Free Thinker said:
Bladed tonfa. Defense, offense, and speed all in a compact, graceful weapon.
Tonfas never really need blades (cuts are messy and bloody anyway, and I like to dress nice :p) - tonfa's can already cause massive internal bleeding from a decent thrust - and usually causes the person it was used on to die later from said injury; that's why the even the police force in my country is banned from using them - on top of it being a prohibited weapon much to my dismay.

Could always make a set of course, for use in the backyard... and hopefully no police live in the neighborhood :p.

Levi93

Oct 26, 2009
A lump hammer, it's small, bulky, heavy and the complete opposite of discreet but it'll fucking hurt.

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
Probably posted a thousand times, but do you even have to ask?

Obviously.

vanillabeans320

Jun 24, 2009
I'd really like to go with a katana, but I'm afraid I am just way too uncool to look dignified trying to use it. I'm awkward in the Napoleon Dynamite way, not the currently-popular Michael Cera way. I can't imagine myself carrying it, trying to look badass and succeeding. It would have to be something you'd find in the average home, like a skillet or bat.

LeafofStone

Nov 19, 2009
I would have Major Armstrong's Gauntlets, those things are badass (see Full Metal Alchemist)

Alternatively i would have Tsubaki in Fey Blade Mode (see Soul Eater manga)