Your stupid gaming habits that get you killed...

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
When I was about 4/5 I used to play "Wipeout" on the PS1. But I always leaned when turning. Annoyed the hell out of me, but I just forgot about it. In fact, I also did it with Ridge Racer...

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Waiting 2 and a half seconds before walking over someone I just shot, in case they had martyrdom.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I often panic and do some really dumb move often throwing a grenade in an enclosed space or running up with intent to melee attack them from a distance.
I also have a problem with obsessive healing, in say Bioshock I waste a lot of health packs healing myself when I only had minor damage because I always needed my health meter to be full. So therefore later on I had less Health packs on reserve.

I also observe the scenery or atmosphere and ambiance of a content rich game a little too closely and therefore lose concentration. In fact losing concentration is my biggest pro... hey look a moth! COME HERE MOTH!

*chases moth out of room*

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Always go for the melee kill just because it normally looks cooler (the satisfaction of the knife in COD or the over top "home run" rag doll in Halo) even if bullets make more sense

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
i also reload far too often and i never take my time with aiming... i'm more of a spray and pray kind of person...

ViviFFIX

Dec 10, 2008
I tend to lay a load of stickies (TF2) at the bottom of a stair way or around a door way then when running from an enemy to get them to run into the trap I get too eager and detonate while I'm still stood in range blowing us both to little pieces!

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
8M1ke8 said:
Mimsofthedawg said:
ansem1532 said:
Weil said:
ansem1532 said:
Xandus117 said:
Sexy.EXE said:
BolognaBaloney said:
REloading after every kill, and staying put for too long.
I also suffer from this...
As do I.
And I as well.
And I thought I was alone...
And to keep this useless chain up, So did I.

Feel free to join in, anyone =p
AS DO I!

What is it I'm supposed to be doing?
Sigh... so true, only difference is I reload after almost every single shot I fire, kill or no, so it usually ends up with me reloading after almost killing the guy who was reloading after a kill and dying myself :p
We need something like AA for reloaders, Reloaders Anonymous.

Hi, my name is Ky, and I have a reloading problem.

ayailla

Forever invading Himuro mansion
Jul 14, 2009
I have this really annoying habit of actually existing on a PVP server with a Horde characrer on World of Warcraft. That easilly gets you killed.

Oh, and in fighting games, the block button does not exist to me. That gets me killed quite a lot.

deedee03

Jul 7, 2009
COD4-i get really into the game and wanna kill everyone and get it into my head that im the greatest player in the room then someone comes at me and i freak and hit the knife button by mistake and get shot in the face :)

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
On modern strategy games, in the campaigns you can run right in KABLAMOOOOO and kill evrything but if ýou do that on Multiplayer you normaly get f***ed by some dude who does hit-and-run all the time.. stupid cowards..

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
miracleofsound said:
What stupid habits can you never seem to break out of?
2. Every time I get a kill I automatically, habitually hit reload (even if my clip is almost full) and THEN sprint away after the reload animation finishes.
You know how many times this has got me killed

but then I try and not do it and then I end up running out of bullets... it is hard to keep track of your round count when you have your mind on other things XD

MrDeano89

Jul 1, 2009
reloading after every kill

also maintaining grudges, itll get to the point where ill hate someone in the game so much ill only go for them which sometimes leaves me open to other people that im not paying attention to

also i dont move after a sniper kill so revenge comes swiftly to me

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
I love using a bayonet in any game... take a guess what I die trying to do in any game that has one in it.
It's the funniest thing to me to run up and stab someone with what is essentially a scrap of metal on the end of my weapon that just as easily kill you from a distance.

Horned Rat

Feb 4, 2009
SomeGuyNamedKy said:
8M1ke8 said:
Mimsofthedawg said:
ansem1532 said:
Weil said:
ansem1532 said:
Xandus117 said:
Sexy.EXE said:
BolognaBaloney said:
As do I.
And I as well.

AS DO I!

Sigh... so true, only difference is I reload after almost every single shot I fire, kill or no, so it usually ends up with me reloading after almost killing the guy who was reloading after a kill and dying myself :p

Hi, my name is Graeme and I too have a reloading problem.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Goldbling said:
It's the funniest thing to me to run up and stab someone with what is essentially a scrap of metal on the end of my weapon that just as easily kill you from a distance.
Indeed, I remember on World At War, I just hid behind a piece of piping with an M1 Garand with everyone's favorite attachment and just slowly creeped up on the last guy plating the bomb and stuck him.

That, to me, was better than shooting him.

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
Horned Rat said:
SomeGuyNamedKy said:
8M1ke8 said:
Mimsofthedawg said:
ansem1532 said:
Weil said:
ansem1532 said:
Xandus117 said:
Sexy.EXE said:
BolognaBaloney said:
As do I.
And I as well.

AS DO I!

Hi, my name is Graeme and I too have a reloading problem.
Hi Graeme.