Your TF2 tips.

muckinscavitch

Jul 27, 2009
While there are alot of obvious tactics for the regular flame thrower, the back burner is amazing you you enjoy playing a sneaky game. If the map is right, and you know it well enough, you can easily take out half the enemy team with the back burner. There are numerous maps where right off the bat I get 6-8 kills letting my team push really far up really fast. Other than the couple of maps it is good on, I would go with regular flame thrower for reasons previously stated by other people

No weapon is truely useless in the game, it just takes the right knowledge on how to use it. Try every weapon and every class and learn all you can about each one. Also, be imaginative with everything (placement of sentries, strategies for any class, etc) While alot of strategies are tried and true, there are more outthere that are unknown that takes people by surprise really well.

BE IMAGINATIVE

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Canadaftw said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Bubble said:
Also DO NOT TRUST THE SCOUT those bastards are always spy's.
Speaking of scouts and spies.. People seem to have the wrong color, I was just now blue, and a scout that was blue started shooting me with the scattergun (So he wasnt a spy) and killed me, im 100% sure he was blue and when I saw the kill up in the corner he was red.. >.< It confuses me.
There was probably a blue light or he was in a dark area so that it only looked like he was BLU.
Out in the open on dustbowl?

Canadaftw

Apr 24, 2009
NuclearPenguin said:
Canadaftw said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Bubble said:
Speaking of scouts and spies.. People seem to have the wrong color, I was just now blue, and a scout that was blue started shooting me with the scattergun (So he wasnt a spy) and killed me, im 100% sure he was blue and when I saw the kill up in the corner he was red.. >.< It confuses me.
There was probably a blue light or he was in a dark area so that it only looked like he was BLU.
Was there a solar eclipse?

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
NuclearPenguin said:
Canadaftw said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Bubble said:
that does happen ever once in a while. the game glitches and forgets to switch a member of a teams colour due to really high ping or lag on there part.
dont worry about it unless it happens alot

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Grimoure, about Snipers - I can assure you I do not rely only on luck, but also a skill. That might be unknown for someone who thinks that pyroes = lame. As a Scout, I can just use my pistol and kill any pyro that doesn't sneak around, stalling and carefully waiting for me. And even then I'm fast.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
SPY CHECK.
Seriously, always attack a fellow teammate if they are close to you. The amount of times I've killed a spy without realising that they were one first is just crazy.

Bryson

Dec 9, 2009
Dr Grimoure said:
Ok here is a list of classes and some of them may have tips that I had conviniently lieing around:

1.) Pyros are fail. Any moron with half a brain can play them. They are the definition of noob. If they use backburner as well then they are an "Uber Noob".

2.) Snipers are a great class. One of the more challenging classes to play. However if they use a Huntsman they rely on pure luck, hence the name lucksman. Learn to get headshots while moving. It is an invaluable asset.

3.) Spys are backstabbers. If they use Dead-ringer or Cloak and Dagger in an arena match they are considered pathetic. Only use the default set up for watches. Use the normal gun as well unless you are excellent on getting headshots.

4.) Medics heal... That is really it. Do not heal the moron, and never go battle medic unless you are the last one standing.

5.) Engineers are useful, but are a pussy class. They rely on getting kills from idiots.

6.) Heavy. Another W+M1 class. Really useful in holding down an enemy position, always look around you and behind you. Spys are your mortal enemy.

7.) Demoman. The most overpowered and possibly the hardest class to play. You must know what angle to shoot your pills stickys and know when to slash and charge. NOT EASY.

8.) Scouts. They are the bastards. They are very usefull if you are good at them, however if you use the FAN (Force-a-Nature) you will be called a noob until your dieing breath.

9.) Soldiers. A fun class. Using rockets to blow up anything. Remember to switch to your shotgun when you are out of ammo and getting flanked by a near death enemy.

Here are some other tips for you:

Do not go pyro.
Stop playing pyro.
NEVER PLAY PYRO!
If you use a FAN you might get banned.
If you use a Backburner/Deadringer/Cloakanddagger you might get banned.\\

Hope this helps.

(P.S.: No I do not hate pyros it is just a proven fact. I can kill them just fine.)
Hey, remember that time when getting called a noob was the most terrifying fate of all?

NuclearPenguin, you're going to hear a lot of ill-conceived opinions like this, regardless of where you go. Here's a better thought: Play what you enjoy, and what works for you.

When you're destroying the other team, their cries of 'noob' will just seem petty.

Better still, when people start creating their own private rules as to what they think is 'fair' or not, wear it as a badge of pride if they ban you for disagreeing.

It's a proven fact. Durr!!

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Don't go spy until you learn the basics of the game is one of my personal favorites.
Don't farm achievements, it makes the game really boring.
As a scout, use the speed and double-jump to your advantage, don't just stand there like an idiot.
As pyro, DO NOT W+M1. It is a terrible strategy and will only get you killed.

Shoadowguard100 said:
As a Heavy, never NEVER use Natasha.
Wait what? Why?

MrNixon21

Oct 23, 2008
NuclearPenguin said:
Im bored and I bought TF2 the other day because of the 50% off.
Anyway, im wondering if any of you have any good tips to post? =o
Yeah, don't be annoying. At least if you suck, you'll eventually get better. If players think you're annoying, your gaming experience will be poor at best.

Also, if you want to make a difference fast, start with an engie on 2fort. Easy map, and all you have to do is drop a sentry in the intel, drop other buildings where you think best, and go help the team.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
NuclearPenguin said:
Bubble said:
That's weird... I'd guess you were either on a modded server, or it was a glitch.

Anyway, some tips:
-When playing engineer, help out your fellow engies. If your sentry is level 3, and you see another sentry that is level one, help build it for him.
-It's a common newbie tactic to place your sentry right next to friendly sentries. This is very wrong. Two sentries next to eachother are much more vulnerable to ubercharges, and further apart sentries can cover eachother and cover more areas. Plus, putting a sentry next to another can be seen as a dick move because you are stealing the other sentry's kills.
-Except on modded servers, TF2 has no friendly fire, so don't hesitate to spy check suspicious teammates.
-If you are wounded and near a medkit, but a nearby medic is also wounded, let him take the medkit. He can heal you, but he can't heal himself.

Shoadowguard100

Sep 28, 2009
Crazzee said:
Don't go spy until you learn the basics of the game is one of my personal favorites.
Don't farm achievements, it makes the game really boring.
As a scout, use the speed and double-jump to your advantage, don't just stand there like an idiot.
As pyro, DO NOT W+M1. It is a terrible strategy and will only get you killed.

Shoadowguard100 said:
As a Heavy, never NEVER use Natasha.
Wait what? Why?
I feel the switch off from knock back to damage is useless. But that is all my own opinion.

Oct 9, 2009
it depends on who you like to play, to find that out, i suggest playing each character for at least an hour straight, you will find which ones you love and hate. if you can get together with your friend, do this. ONe of you is a engineer and the other is a heavy. go into two fort. when you spawn in the MAIN repsawn point, leave and turn RIGHT, go down the second set of stairs to your right. (engineer) pull out a dispenser next to the wall at the bottom, the heavy then will stand next to the dispenser with his back to the wall. as an engineer run back up to the spawn point and reload on your metals. Run back down and place a turret NEAR the heavy and dispenser, you should notice a red/blue wall, this will tell you the visual range of the turret. make sure its close enough to the dispenser but far enough to cover a good portion of the two doors. Place it and pull out your wrench. WACK IT!! WACK IT A LOT, you will notice your metals going down. Run back to the Spawn point and reload, keep wacking the turret till it upgrades twice.

This is the most annoying and tight defense i've ever seen. The heavy is really there to protect against spy's n thats why he has his back to the wall, so's he can't get back stabbed.

Now me personally i love the soldier. but then i'm really good at leading my targets.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Caliostro said:
Who? What?

This is all personal advice, I've posted this in the Steam forums before, but if that Magnetro said this then the dude knows what he's talking about.
Granted there's a lot of focus on the Compression blast

Kstreitenfeld

Mar 27, 2009
Something I learned in this new update. Don't bunny hop VS Soldiers with "The Direct Hit", mini-crits are not fun to receive in the face. Its a hard habit to break since I always did it against soldiers to reduce splash damage :(

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Dr Grimoure said:
-snipped pyro hate-
Want to explain why? If it's anything to do with W+M1 you are very wrong.
If you use a FAN you might get banned.
What? By who? Who runs a server that bans people for using particular weapons? This isn't CoD.
If you use a Backburner... you might get banned
Why? Surely you would want opponents to use the backburner...
P.S.: No I do not hate pyros it is just a proven fact.
What is a proven fact, and where's the proof. That means not opinions, but actual proof. :)

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
Well due to the fact that I play mostly/best with a scout my advise would be:
DON'T FRIGGIN STOP! If you stop you are DEAD. I'm serious.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
Deathman101 said:
I personally started playing as an engy, it was a very easy way to learn the ropes, particularly since I started playing TF2 on 2fort.

Now, I'm an arena Scout lover. Just, engy is the easiest class to take hold of early on.
Engineer isn't as easy to play as some people seem to think. It is just the common conception because there are so many bad engies.