Your Top 5 Favorite Games of ALL TIME

SteelWolf89

May 20, 2009
johnnyLupine said:
SteelWolf89 said:
johnnyLupine said:
This seems like the perfect time and place to carelessly throw my gaming opinions into the internet and see if anyone cares!

1)ff ix(ps1)
2)ff x (ps2)
3)ff vi (ps1)
4)ff viii (ps1)
5)wow, i think..or maybe dawn of war, depending on my mood...

you *might* have noticed there alot of final fantasy titles. i loved those games, and untill i got access to a pc they were pretty much the only thing i played. Probably shouldnt have admited that...
i noticed that you didn't list final fantasy 7 or crisis core on there...
unfourtunately i have never owned either of those, i heard 7 was really good, which explains why when i went game hunting nowhere seemed to have it.
and that's exactly why emulators were created.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
1. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
The best blend of action, humour, puzzles, romance and time travel twists I have come across. Shame about the rest of the series.

2. Neverwinter Nights 1
A brilliant D&D simulator and, if patched to the latest release, gives as much functionality as the more expensive NWN2.

3. Freelancer
Not very well known, Freelancer is a space sim with the best ambient soundtrack EVAR. It also has it's game data coded in easily accessible .ini files, resulting in incredibly versatile modding.

4. Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
An old game, one of the very first 3D adventure games ever made. Some of the most memorable songs, characters and images ever are in this game. Who could forget the guy who ate the beans?

5. Halo: Combat Evolved
Now I know that many of you will scream "HALO FANBOI!!!11!!1!", but bear with me. Halo 2 and 3 may have been a little stale, but the first with it's 'scare the shit out of you and eat you' Flood and brilliant concepts deserves a merit at the very least.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
KING BOB 2896 said:
You'll be getting a letter from my lawyer in a few days. :D
No need to wait sir, I'm very efficient now. Took a jogging class on weekends to get myself back into shape and all that.

Vrex360 said:
I'm very excessive, sue me.
Sir, I represent a client, one KING BOB 2896.
He claims that you have insisted he sue you on the grounds of being very excessive.
Article 21, subtext 37 of "the big book of all the legal stuff you'll ever need to look like an incompetent but loveable lawyer" states that, and I quote...

the big book of all the legal stuff you'll ever need to look like an incompetent but loveable lawyer said:
If any party should suggest to another party that a suing should be brought down upon their person, for whatever reason, then it is all legally ruled and junk that a court case is now on like Donkey Kong. Have you seen Donkey Kong? That shit is on like a burning house.
I will give you three days to either dance in public and shame yourself or pretend to go to court, while I in turn pretend to throw stuff at you.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee (haven't updated to Brawl as of yet)
2. Gears of War 2
3. Perfect Dark or Halo 3*
4. Pokemon Platinum (current of the series)
5. Legend of Zelda twilight Princess (current of the series)

*i tie these 2, as i greatly enjoyed them simply for there multiplayer, Halo 3 overlaps, simply because its a current gen replacement on PD.

Honourable mentions Timesplitters 2, Mario Kart 64.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
1. Chrono Trigger -Snes (because I am awesome and own a copy for that system)
2. Final Fantasy Tactics -PS1
3. Super Mario RPG -Snes (again, because I am awesome and own a copy)
4. God Hand -PS2
5. Genji: Dawn of the Samurai -PS2

I hesitate to call these my top 5 favorite games EVER, though, because I have a great many games I like a lot. There are probably 30 games or so I'd rank on an even keel of perfection with one another. The first two on my list, however, aren't going to change anytime soon.

Honorable mentions go to Urban Reign, MGS3: Subsistence, Halo, Halo 2, Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict, SC Chaos Theory, Hitman: Blood Money, KoF '98 Ultimate Match, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, ZOE2: 2nd Runner, and Shadow of the Colossus.

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
SteelWolf89 said:
johnnyLupine said:
SteelWolf89 said:
johnnyLupine said:
This seems like the perfect time and place to carelessly throw my gaming opinions into the internet and see if anyone cares!

1)ff ix(ps1)
2)ff x (ps2)
3)ff vi (ps1)
4)ff viii (ps1)
5)wow, i think..or maybe dawn of war, depending on my mood...

you *might* have noticed there alot of final fantasy titles. i loved those games, and untill i got access to a pc they were pretty much the only thing i played. Probably shouldnt have admited that...
i noticed that you didn't list final fantasy 7 or crisis core on there...
unfourtunately i have never owned either of those, i heard 7 was really good, which explains why when i went game hunting nowhere seemed to have it.
and that's exactly why emulators were created.
Maybe the escapist community would like to do a syncronised cheer for emulators?

/cheer

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
I cannot trim it down to 5, hell I could barely trim it down to 50 but these are ones that come straight to mind
#1. Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (N64)
#2. KOTOR II The Sith Lords (XBOX)
#3. Gunstar Heroes (GENESIS)
#4. Ratchet And Clank Up Your Arsenal (PS2)
#5. Bioshock (XBOX 360)
I tried to keep it down to one per system. These are subject to change.

smiddyhawk

Apr 28, 2009
Well, I'm a new gamer, so don't expect many things before the N64
1. Assassins Creed
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Burnout Paradise
4. SSBB
5. Mario Kart 64

KING BOB 2896

Sep 13, 2008
The Iron Ninja said:
KING BOB 2896 said:
You'll be getting a letter from my lawyer in a few days. :D
No need to wait sir, I'm very efficient now. Took a jogging class on weekends to get myself back into shape and all that.

Vrex360 said:
I'm very excessive, sue me.
Sir, I represent a client, one KING BOB 2896.
He claims that you have insisted he sue you on the grounds of being very excessive.
Article 21, subtext 37 of "the big book of all the legal stuff you'll ever need to look like an incompetent but loveable lawyer" states that, and I quote...

the big book of all the legal stuff you'll ever need to look like an incompetent but loveable lawyer said:
If any party should suggest to another party that a suing should be brought down upon their person, for whatever reason, then it is all legally ruled and junk that a court case is now on like Donkey Kong. Have you seen Donkey Kong? That shit is on like a burning house.
I will give you three days to either dance in public and shame yourself or pretend to go to court, while I in turn pretend to throw stuff at you.
Everything is going well. I'm sure to win. Thanks for you assisstance Ninja.

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
The Iron Ninja said:
I'm sort of derailing the thread rather than contributing at the moment, so to be sort of relevant, here's my top 5 least favourite games, out of games that I had the misfortune to buy.

1. Eternal Sonata (fuck you Eternal Sonata) [sup](360)[/sup]
2. Cabbela's big game hunter [sup](360)[/sup]
3. Mercenaries 2 [sup](360)[/sup]
4. Civilisation Revolution [sup](360)[/sup]
5. Uh... That's all I can think of.

It's probably because I've blocked out the memory of older ones, but my list doesn't do wonders for the credibility of the 360's game library.
Damn striaght that game was a dissappointment.

My top 5 (no particular order):
1. MGS1 (PS) - Just wow.
2. Timesplitters 3 (PS2) - all a FPS needs to be, fun, funny, kick as weapons and characters.
3. Bioshock (360) - Bringing back single player goodness
4. Powerstone 2 (DC) - funnest multiplayer game ever
5. Phantasy Star Online (DC) - first online RPG I played and still the only one where I could be bothered to level up to the higher levels.

Least favourite (or biggest dissapointment) 5:
1. Eternal Sonata - waste o money
2. Soul Caliber 4 - Got bored within hours
3. Harvest Moon (on the GC) - expected more but it was poorly made, rubbish graphics and hideous sound.
4. WOW - Not necessary a bad game but dissapointed I could never get into it and found it boring.
5. GTA San Andres

banthesun

Apr 15, 2009
1. Fire Emblem (7) (gba)
-Hell yes!

2. Twighlight Princess (wii)
-All the Zelda games are good, but this is best by a small margin

3. Super Mario World (snes)
-Simply the best platformer ever

4. Pikmin 2 (gamecube)
-Beautiful, creative and funny

5. Katamari (any of them, but not all of them) (ps2 or 360)
-They're all roughly equal I guess

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
It's really hard to narrow it down to 5, since there are so many games that I have loved over the years. My list are games that not only wowed me when they came out, but are still amazing by today's stanards as well. For example, I loved goldeneye, i played the hell out of that game when it came out, but i don't really think it stands up by today's FPS standards. While it's not really fair to exclude it, I'm going to just because there are so many great games I've loved over the years that do stand up by today's standards.

1. Half-life(mods included and I'm going to cheat and include half-life 2 as well)
2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarine of Time
3. Shadow of the Colossus
4. Starcraft
5. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (all the rest of them too, but this one is my favorite).

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
Ultra_Caboose said:
Whew... just 5? That's gonna be hard. Well, excluding FF7, my top 5 are...

1. Megaman 2 (NES)
2. Super Metroid (SNES)
3. Xenogears (PS1)
4. Gitaroo Man (PS2)
5. The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PS1)

Loads of honorable mentions, like the MGS series, Chrono Trigger, Starfox, etc., etc.
I have no idea about 2-5, but your choice for number one is glorious! I suck at it now though, so I won't include it myself (plus I don't own a NES anymore...). But a marvellous choice indeed.

My top 5 would look something like this:

1. Unreal Tournament 2004
2. Medieval II Total War
3. Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
5. Undecided

LordBag

Jan 10, 2008
A couple of mine are mods, but for the sake of this thread I count them as a full game;-

1. Battlefield 1942
2. Monkey Island (any)
3. Call of Duty 4
4. Desert Combat/Forgotten Hope (Battlefield 1942 mod)
5. Day of Defeat 1.3b (Half-Life mod)

ganpondorodf

Apr 30, 2008
1. Goldeneye (N64)
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube)
3. Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)
4. Skies of Arcadia (Gamecube, although I played it a little on the Dreamcast beforehand)
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)

Yeah, I'm a fanboy.

AllHailTheAltmer

Jan 25, 2009
Favourites:

1) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
2) Half-Life 2
3) BioShock
4) Age of Empires II
5) Pokemon Gold/Silver

WrathOfAchilles

May 20, 2009
1. Doom/Doom2 (PC)
2. Super Mario Series (Nes-Present)
3. Bioshock
4. Command and Conquer Series(Including Red Alerts)
5. Legend of Zelda (Nes)