Your Top 5 Favorite Games of ALL TIME

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
johnnyLupine said:
SteelWolf89 said:
johnnyLupine said:
This seems like the perfect time and place to carelessly throw my gaming opinions into the internet and see if anyone cares!

1)ff ix(ps1)
2)ff x (ps2)
3)ff vi (ps1)
4)ff viii (ps1)
5)wow, i think..or maybe dawn of war, depending on my mood...

you *might* have noticed there alot of final fantasy titles. i loved those games, and untill i got access to a pc they were pretty much the only thing i played. Probably shouldnt have admited that...
i noticed that you didn't list final fantasy 7 or crisis core on there...
unfourtunately i have never owned either of those, i heard 7 was really good, which explains why when i went game hunting nowhere seemed to have it.
If you liked all the others then you would LOVE 7. Auction sites usually sell lots of copies relatively cheap if youre really interested.

--Top 5--
Joint 1. Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64(N64)
Joint 1. FF7 (PS1)
3. TLOZ:OoT (N64)
4. Super Mario World (SNES)
5. Halo: CE
--
Ok for 1st - Lylat Wars pretty much owned me while I was young and Final Fantasy 7 just was epic to me. Coincidal maybe that both these games were released in 1997?
3. Everyones gotta love OoT
4. Genius game and I have very fond memories of that Star World
5. Halo: CE - The Campaign was just soooo much more epic than in 2 or 3 - Assault on the Control Room on Legendary may just be the most epic level in history as someone else around these froums recently said.
--
I could name my Top 250 as there are so many epic games I love and miss and also play daily.
--

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Meh, my list keeps changing but it usually involves the same games.

1) Super Smash Brother Melee (Gamecube)
2) Lineage 2 - Chronicle 3 (PC - online)
3) Starcraft (PC)
4) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
5) C&C: Generals (PC)

SP MeaslyBinkie

Aug 27, 2008
I shall put my favoured games of each genre since most of them would be FPS and RTS

1)Halo - Original Xbox,PC
2)C&C Red Alert 2 Yuri`s Revenge - PC
3)Burnout 3 - PS2,Original Xbox
4)Tom Clancey`s Splinter Cell Chaos Theroy or the original - PS2,Original Xbox,PC(?)
5)TES IV Oblivion or Fable:TC - PS3,PC,360 - PC,Original Xbox

Taylorcrw

Jan 30, 2009
1. The Orange Box Xbox 360
2. Left 4 Dead Xbox 360
3. Gears of War Xbox 360
4. Half Life Pc
5. Star Wars Dark Forces 2 Pc

These are just my recent favorites. (not counting the last two)

Gulzt

May 4, 2009
1. Starcraft (PC/Mac)
2. Warcraft III (PC/Mac)
3. Final Fantasy VII (PC/PS1)
4. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PC/Dreamcast)
5. Mortal Kombat trilogy (N64/PC)

Dr.smallprint

Feb 5, 2009
wow considering the fact that ive been a gamer for the larger part of my life, and im going to go on a limb here and say that the majority of us here have been as well this is going to be a difficult one.

and in no particular order
1. STARCRAFT! i have played starcraft more then any two games in my life combine and i have no intention of ever stopping

1. ChronoTrigger -(Snes)
2. FFVII- i know, i know, most overrated game ever ive herd it before, but never in my life have i seen a game be so revolutionary for its time.
3. kingdom hearts (ps2)- not only was a shocked that a game staring an assortment of Disney characters could be good, i became totally immersed in it
4. half-life (pc)- definitely raised the bar as far as shooters are concerned. loved every minute of it
5. portal (ps3)- the way the story was conveyed via game play was amazing

i know its only supposed to be five but i want to keep going

6. resident evil series (PS)
p.s. i also realize i have 2 # 1s its because i added starcraft at the end and didnt feel like changing all the #s

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
[ol][li]Devil may Cry 3[/li][li]Gears of War[/li][li]Ninja Gaiden: Black[/li][li]Tekken 5[/li][li]Oblivion[/li][/ol]

Honourable mention to: The rest of the DMC series, Fallout 3, Street Fighter IV, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the Halo trilogy and obviously Viva Pinta.

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
Best Five

1. GoldenEye 007

2. Mass Effect(series)

3. Star Wars games

4. Portal

5. Bloodrayne

Worst Five

1. I haven't ran into the worst game ever yet.

2. Far Cry 2

3. GTA All of them

4. RTS games

5. Clive Barker's Jericho

Eric_Autopsy

May 19, 2009
1. Gears of War
2. Half-Life: Opposing Force
3. Silent Hill 2
4. Half-Life 2
5. Mass Effect, untill you hit Hard (then it just became boring)

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
1. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (Xbox)
2. Counter-Strike 1.6 (PC)
3. Ghost Recon (Xbox)
4. Chromehounds (Xbox360)
5. Call of Duty 4 (PC)

Note that #5 was because I couldn't think of anything else.

NotSoProBenny

Jul 23, 2008
Here's 5 games taht aren't especially my favourite games of all time, but games that I think deserve a special mention and defined an important milestone in my gaming life...

1. FFVII -I'm quite happy to say this is my favourite game of all time, having sunk over 1000 hours into many replays of this game over the years

2. Timesplitters 2 - The first game I played that really did console FPS right, though the first one was a kick ass game at the PS2 launch

3. Bomberman - I dread to think how much time and money I spent in arcades playing this

4. Micro Machines V3 - For me this was the game that really kicked off the idea of party games. There simply wasn't anything better than getting your mates round for a game of this back in the days of the Megadrive

5. Sonic the Hedgehog - This was the series that I grew up with, if ever there was a mascot for my childhood it was Sonic

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Hm... that is a very hard question... only 5... let's see (I bunch a few games together):

1: X-Com: Enemy Unkown Very old game, and maybe "not so good" but it was one of my starter-games... Oh all the nights i spents running from the Chrysalids. Great atmosphere. Promised better games to come...

2: Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion: Games where you have more freedom, more to do. Great immersion. (Too bad the characters lost complexity with each game)

3: Planescape Torment/KoToR: Storytelling... great plots and cool dialoge (sometimes)

4: Jedi Knight I/II: This was a shooter which ... was hard to master and easy to have fun with, and i did. All those cool lightsaber fights. Entertainment for hours just fighting duells online.

5: Meridian 59 / Ultima Online (on Freeshards): The way MMORPG's started (yesyes, i know...) Not so many players, but real stories, real quests and everyone was important. Damn grindfests nowadays...

Ah but there were so many more great games... on the SNES, the first complex Ideas on PC. good times.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
Fallout 3
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Diablo 2 (It will probably change to 3 but for obvious reasons not yet.)
Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30
Medieval 2: Total War

No real order and of course all are subject to change but at the moment that's my list.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
1) Bioshock
2) Escape from Butcher Bay
3) Fallout 3
4) Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri (I plan to call myself Genejack on a game in the near future)
5) Far Cry 2

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
All for the PC:

1. Rome: Total War
2. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
3. Rise of Nations
4. Tropico
5. TES IV: Oblivion

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
1) Silent Hill 2
2) Half Life 2
3) Shadow Of The Colossus
4) Portal
5) Final Fantasy VI
...and I'm pretty sure Alan Wake will make the list.

Nothing like a good story

DarkFenix

May 21, 2009
1- Silent hill 2 (xbox)
2- Sonic the hedgehog 2 (sega genesis)
3- Gun Star Heros (sega genesis)
4- Perfect Dark (N64)
5- Super Mario 3 (NES)

hailmagus

Jan 17, 2008
Chaosut said:
Although my views might change in the future, so far my top five are;
1. Dues Ex
2. Killer 7
3. Operation Flashpoint
4. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
5. Knights of the Old Republic
Holy shit! Somebody actually played Dreamfall besides me.