Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
0. Chrono Trigger
1. Knights of the Old Republic
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Final Fantast VI
4. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
5. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

if i wasn't so drunk i would probably put more thought into the list, but i am so i won't

EDIT: ok so i need to make this a top 6. i am ashamed that i forgot chrono trigger. it goes above all games, not just RPGs

DracheX

Feb 4, 2011
1. Dragon Age
2. Oblivion
3. Morrowind
4.KOTOR
5.Dwarf fortress if Adventure mode counts

Kiltguy

Lurker extraordinaré
Jan 23, 2011
Eh? Table-top, or video-game?

Video-games
1. Final Fantasy VI
2. Baldurs Gate Series
3. Fallout Series (Yes, Tactics included)
4. Persona 3 FES
5. Dragon Age: Origins

Table-top
1. Drakar och demoner (Swedish rpg. Trans. Dragons and Demons)
2. Star Wars (West End Games edition)
3. Dark Heresy (WH40k)
4. Cult
5. Mutant Chronicles

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
1. Kingdom Hearts 2
2. Oblivion
3. Demon's Souls
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Final Fantasy XIII

Probably not the most popular opinion, but those are my favs.

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
Kotor
Kotor 2
Two Worlds (What you gunna do about it?!?!!?!)
Runescape
Fallout 3

I don't play a lot of single player games....

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Tales of Symphonia
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Oblivion
Mass Effect 2

The first three are my favorite games overall anyway.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
1. Jade Empire: My favorite video game ever, and by a wide margin. I love everything about Jade Empire. I love the characters, I love the story, I love the world, I love the game play, and I especially love the art design. While the graphics are last gen Jade Empire is still the prettiest game I have ever played. The only problem I have with the game is how short it is, I like 20-40 hour RPG's. Jade Empire barely cracks 10 hours. Please Bioware, give me a sequal.

2. Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword: I love turn based RPG's. I love games with lots of different characters. I love games with replay value. Fire Emblem gives me all of these, plus a very solid story and deep gameplay. A very underrated game in my opinion.

3. Mass Effect 2: I had higher expectations for this game than any other game ever. And it met and exceeded almost all of them. If it weren't for the planet scanning and forced morality system it'd challenge Fire Emblem for my #2 slot. Having my favorite video game character ever (Jack) also helps.

4. Final Fantasy X: One of only a small handful of JRPG's I enjoyed, and I don't know why. I love the story and I love some of the characters, Tidus and Yuna can die in a fire. And it includes, Blitzball. I would shell out $60 for a Blitzball game.

5. Morrowind: I have never felt that I had so much freedom in any game. Yes I hate the combat system and the graphics are ass, but I still can't get over how much choice I have. If I want to make a spell that lets me jump from one continent to another I can, what other game lets you do that? If you paired Morrowind with Oblivions combat and graphics you'd have a perfect game.

Honorable mention to Gladius and Summoner 2, both excellent RPG's that got almost no publicity and very limited fan fare. Both would make my most underrated games of all time list.

Jack Macaque

Jan 29, 2011
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
Secret of Mana
Tales of Symphonia
Diablo 2
Final Fantasy Tactics(?)

Sorta in that order

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
top 5 rpg's ok!

1: Dragon Age Origins
2: Fallout New Vegas
3: Mass Effect
4: Jade Empire
5: Elder Scroll's 4

Mouse One

Jan 22, 2011
Space 1889
Ars Magica
Traveller
Dragon Age
Mass Effect

Or is this just for videogames? ;) Seriously, until I encountered the Bioware games, I never thought much of crpgs. Just too limited in choices and focused too much on combat. Kill monster, grab treasure, next room please.

CRPGs today still are pretty limited in narrative choice, but they're making up for it with some top notch writing and voice acting. I mean, when's the last time Claudia Black and Martin Sheen showed up for your Sunday evening paper DnD fest?