Your total nerd moment as a gamer

Angrylemming

Aug 19, 2008
I think in my case it'd be watching "make love not warcraft" and realising I could correct every single inaccuracy.
Thank God I don't play WoW any more, and now play EVE.
*Flee Yahtzee's wrath*

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Darth Mobius post=9.70892.708589 said:
When I was in Boot camp in the Coast Guard, a guy got in trouble because he was doing the Mario theme while he was cleaning the Squad Bay. Singing is not allowed in bootcamp, unless you are in the choir, so he had to stand on the Quarterdeck for over an hour pretending he was Mario. Every once in a while the Drill Instructor would come out and tell him "Do the part with the dragon, I want to hear the part where he fights the dragon." He meant Bowser and I was laughing so hard that if my Drill Instructor had come in at any point, I would have been out there with him... But it would have been worth it...

Good memories...
That man is a trooper. I wouldn't have minded joining him.

Whitto

Mar 19, 2008
When I found a copy of Grim Fandango in my local Gamestation and voiced my elation so loud that people outside the shop gave me funny looks.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
After we had gone to Gamestop my sister said she was thinking about selling one of her barbie games.After which I completely explained to her the reasons why the most she'd probably only get 2 dollars for it.Then she said I think your wrong and shouldn't even be saying that unless you actually know something about games.Well if I'm an member of The Escapist then surely I would have at least the basic knowledge of what games target audience.I explained to her that since the majority of gamers are adults not little girls who like barbie games they'd rather want to have a mature story then a game in which pony's can fly.She kept trying to disagree but then I told her about a game I owned."Gears of War,Kayle,has at least a mature story-line and is focused on delivering to its audience." While the games she thought were the ones which were better were mostly movie games being rushed out to make a quick quarter.Poorly Executed,Flawed,Just plain disgraceful had littered all of these games reviews I stated in the flurry of my retaliation in my argument.She gave up after that seeing no possible way to win the argument.The other elitist moment I had was stating the features of the next generation consoles,accurately predicting which ones would come out with decent games in the majority,and quickly shattering hopes of winning in any argument about Electronic Entertainment.So far the only arguments won against me are three:One about Halo Wars,the other about Gears of War,and the final being Half-Life.I gave up on those as the person had been lying the entire time about it("I've played Cod4 dude it sucks ass""Its not even out yet...""Shut up fag!").I'm only like that when someone engages me about it though so I'm not a jerk going around shouting at people that "l33t 360 pwns all".But those are the total nerd moments I've had as a gamer.Sorry if the post sucked.

silentassasin47

Sep 8, 2008
When I played pokemon diamond instead of going to a White Sox game with my friends. This fact smacked me so hard I felt like being hit by a truck made of epiphany.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
I was in history class once, and our teacher was talking about trench warfare or something. He then asked us what we would do if a tank came rolling over our heads and someone in the class yelled "Throw a plasma grenade!"

It made the halo fans lol out loud :p

worstknightmare

Sep 4, 2008
when i first beat run to the hills on expert drums on rockband, I jumped up yelled
That Sh!t just happened, threw the drum sticks in odd directions, paraded around my room
like i just won the lottery, then stop and wondered where the drumsticks went lol

my second best moment was when i was playing super smash bros melee and my friend
beat me when i was using captain falcon, he started gloating about how kirby owns,
I quickly hit him in the face and knocked him off his chair and yelled, kirby
ain't got nothin on this falcon punch @#$&# !

we both burst out laughing

Zippy55

Sep 8, 2008
Playing guitar hero ds on the bus, playing the wario game that involves turning your gba at school and about every time that i would scream out "GOTCHA" when i caught a pokemon i never had before....

sithlordjesus

Jul 26, 2008
Woa woa woa...WOA. Recreating halo battles in gmod is nerdy!?
*Shuts down Gmod before anyone see's it*

asleep at the comp

Jun 26, 2008
when i stood up in the middle of class and told everyone how awesome fire embalm was for the gba ever sense that moment people look at me weird when they recognize me from elementary school. or when i was so bored in civic class that i started pretending i was playing metroid and yelling out pew pew to the teacher.

Russel1

Jun 13, 2008
after waiting in line outside Game waiting for halo3 to be released. i played it so much i forgot to complete my assignment for college. so in class. i made a makeshift powerpoint presentation explaining how awesome the game was. no1 had any idea what i was talking about, or what the halo story or forge mode had to do with HCI, wtf was i thinking. i got an F. my friends got a kick outta it though
yep this is one of my worst rofl

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
When I beat Sephiroth in KH1, I stood, slack-jawed, in amazement.
Same for beating TTFAF on expert... but I yelled. Loudly. Like, orgasmically loud. With the door open.

Taking a concussion test in PE, when someone asked 'what's fatigue?' I replied 'what happens when you swim too far out from land.' That's what happens in WoW! And I have 35 days logged on my main.

My best one is creating a thread on GameFAQS discussing the similarities between Cylons and WoW NPCs. There are: the fact that they can download/respawn. They all look alike. There can be infinite copies of the same one. They are near perfect human/player replicates.

Vault_Dweller

Sep 9, 2008
I haven't had a nerd moment. I'm actually capable of keeping my obsessive hobby separate from everyday life.

ByJingo

Sep 12, 2007
One time I lost control of my car and my brain kinda half thought "quick reload"

guko84

Apr 23, 2008
i don't have a single nerdiest moment. my nerdyness comes out all at once about once a week.

Crystine

Sep 7, 2008
Angrylemming post=9.70892.709356 said:
I think in my case it'd be watching "make love not warcraft" and realising I could correct every single inaccuracy.
Thank God I don't play WoW any more, and now play EVE.
*Flee Yahtzee's wrath*
EVE?!?! Yahtzee will bring you doooown!!!
xD

Mercanary57 post=9.70892.709356 said:
After we had gone to Gamestop my sister said she was thinking about selling one of her barbie games.After which I completely explained to her the reasons why the most she'd probably only get 2 dollars for it.Then she said I think your wrong and shouldn't even be saying that unless you actually know something about games.Well if I'm an member of The Escapist then surely I would have at least the basic knowledge of what games target audience.I explained to her that since the majority of gamers are adults not little girls who like barbie games they'd rather want to have a mature story then a game in which pony's can fly.She kept trying to disagree but then I told her about a game I owned."Gears of War,Kayle,has at least a mature story-line and is focused on delivering to its audience." While the games she thought were the ones which were better were mostly movie games being rushed out to make a quick quarter.Poorly Executed,Flawed,Just plain disgraceful had littered all of these games reviews I stated in the flurry of my retaliation in my argument.She gave up after that seeing no possible way to win the argument.The other elitist moment I had was stating the features of the next generation consoles,accurately predicting which ones would come out with decent games in the majority,and quickly shattering hopes of winning in any argument about Electronic Entertainment.So far the only arguments won against me are three:One about Halo Wars,the other about Gears of War,and the final being Half-Life.I gave up on those as the person had been lying the entire time about it("I've played Cod4 dude it sucks ass""Its not even out yet...""Shut up fag!").I'm only like that when someone engages me about it though so I'm not a jerk going around shouting at people that "l33t 360 pwns all".But those are the total nerd moments I've had as a gamer.Sorry if the post sucked.
Due to your lack of paragraphing and spacing, I got lost whilst reading this and my family and friends have not seen me for days. THANKS ASS!