Your toughest Skyrim battle

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
King of the Sandbox said:
Mine was probably the time I fought a Dragon Priest. I was still low level, around 14, when I stumbled upon my first (and currently only) Dragonpriest.
I excluded the rest of your post to save space. It's incredible how alike two stories can be. Exchange your arrows for fireballs and mudcrabs for deers and we'd have an exact match.

Foxblade618

Apr 27, 2011
not super far yet, but I was on the first proper contract mission for the dark brotherhood. I finished the mission easily enough, I mean, bandits aint no thing. But then I started to go deeper into the ruin, which was a huge miscalculation. all of a sudden I hear mechanical clicking, which I thought was odd in a old ruin. I turn around and there are 10 or so of those damn robot sphere things. That was hellish

ediblemitten

Mar 20, 2011
Tried to plough through a Draugr infested ruin at lvl 33, thought it would be a cakewalk. First run through, make it to the final boss chamber. I pull out my 109 damage two-handed Ebony fire warhammer, and stride in confidently. Suddenly, I realize that not only am I fighting this yet unidentified boss-draugr, a Deathlord has also been thrown into the mix. I go for the deathlord first, hoping for a quick kill before I take on the boss Draugr, but my hopes are dashed as this ************ takes me for a RIDE. I get about two hits on him (I've taken out multiple Deathlords before, and was expecting a tough, if not overly difficult fight) before he smites me once with his mace, and then proceeds to use a fully-powered frost shout to kill me instantly. Keep in mind I'm a Nord, which grants 50% frost resistance, so needless to say I was shocked. I also forgot to save. I try the dungeon again, this time getting to a room with a single Scourge. I take out her frost atronoch, but she whittles my health down about 90% as we fight (mostly due to my own stupidity) I manage to kill her, expecting a respite. Next thing I know, as my health slowly recharges, a Draugr deathlord in the next room has heard the commotion and decides to make an appearance. As his red-circle appears on my HUD, I have just enough time to look up at the catwalk he has entered onto and utter "Oh, shit." before he pegs me with a single arrow between the eyes and ends my life.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
My friend came across an ancient dragon (note that he has full daedric armor that has been upgraded to legendary) He was level 45 and he was shot down in one burst of fire. he kept trying new tactics like different shouts and approaches, and every time it ended up the same way. although one time he was bitten and thrown. it was quite humorous

afterwards he just ran to the wall stole the word, became ethereal and jumped off the mountain. although it wore off on his decent and he died, so he went fuck it!

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
Well i went into this cave to disrupt a skooma operation, I killed one bandit with a stealthy throat slit, and killed three more, but the last one had a lot of health and a big ass two handed sword. He killed me once so I went in more cautiously, but he cared not for my caution as he cornered me and showed me that enemies can do cinematic kills as well, decapitating my character in a way that left me staring at my TV screen in shock and awe. In the end I killed him and screamed "DOVAHKIIN!!!"

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I was doing the companions quests at lvl 1x and i got my first 'animal extermination' job, i thought i will stomp some wolves and be done with it, so i went to check out that cave and found a frost troll who takes half of my hp in one hit, i used all my potions and almost killed it, but then 2 more came and i was screwed, 15 more tries with 3 different companions and i still got my ass handed to me, once i got that time stopping shout and a new mage companion i went there to get my revenge.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
I was going through one of the old ancient Nord burial grounds and having a decent challenge getting through it on account of the fact that every other enemy was a Draugr Deathlord.

So finally, I got to this one chamber and was subsequently ambushed by three Draugr deathlords, a couple Draugr Scourge, and a couple more regular flavored Draugr.

I had only one health potion left, and my restoration spell just wasn't cutting it, what with seven Draugr slashing at me.

Finally, after I died about ten or so times I just said "fuck it" and turned the difficulty down to novice.

It was fucking annoying.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Some guy called Krosis. He just appeared out of nowhere at a dragon wall and proceeded to beat the shit out of me. I only won because he fell off the mountain and gave me a safe spot. Even then if I wasn't using Bound Bow I'd have probably ran out of arrows. Dropped a really nice mask though.

Alcamonic said:
The bounty which I got in Solitude from
The dark brotherhood quest
snowballed somehow into 7680 gold. Fine! I thought, never liked that city anyway, imperial scum.
You could just go to jail, it doesn't reduce skill levels anymore just deletes any growth towards the next level they have. Plus you get a trophy for escaping.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
Apparently I suck at this game pretty badly, so almost every battle seems tough on the default (medium) difficulty. I intended to play my character as a kind of badass spellblade, but I kind of screwed that up. Lockpicking, pickpocketing and training was just so easy that I did it a lot, so I leveled up quickly without actually getting good equipment and combat skills. The funny thing is that these choices early on to "also" use some thieving skills, are now actually forcing me more and more down the thieving path, because most enemies are too strong to face head on, so I have to use stealth and archery.

Anyway, pretty much any bandit that uses a two-handed weapon is a problem for me. Especially if they have backup. My toughest battles were against groups like these. I must have reloaded at least twenty times against a group of 4 Silver Hands. Normally I can lose groups like these with stealth, but this time I had a companion forced on me who prevented that, and to make matters worse he was absolutely no help at all in the fight (which is odd, because I've seen him be much more effective on YouTube).

Sometimes it's quite funny though. One time I was fighting a dude that could two-shot me in a room with a table. I spent a lot of time with him chasing me around that table while I healed. Reminded me a lot of fights with my brother when we were children.

Another fight that was quite awesome was when I was in a room that spawned a lot of Draugr. It started off with a bunch of Restless Draugr that even I can beat. But then more and more kept coming and in the end I was fighting four Wights and a Scourge. When I heard the dragon shout I was pretty much shitting my pants. I was running around frantically getting in shots left and right, while dodging blows and dragons shouts, and slowly exhausting all my potions. When I had none left, I finished off[footnote]accidentally killed[/footnote] the last Wight and it was just me and the Scourge left. While I was still looking at the last Wight, he staggered me with his shout. Having virtually no health left, I was sure I was done for when I remembered that I hadn't used my shout yet. I managed to shout back at him before he got the killing blow in and was just able to impale him on my sword. I thought that was pretty epic[footnote]Or actually, more like "epic fail" given the quality of my play, but at least it was a large, exciting and very close battle.[/footnote].

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
Mine was probably Malkoran in Meridia's quest. You've finally made your way through this huge dungeon and you see this necromancer standing at the other end of the room, but once you engage him you notice he has a 6-Dragur posse and they all attack at once. I had to barricade the doorway with myself and Lydia and just spammed the spark spell til all his guards died. Unfortunately Malkoran has an incredibly powerful Frost Spell that goes through walls, can knock half your health out and freeze you in place. What's worse is that once you finally defeat him in human form, his spectral form comes out and you gotta face that, no breaks.

I think I died at least 6 times, and had to load up on potions (bows do more damage) and use Lydia as a distraction for most of the fight. Fun quest though.

Alex Kennedy

Mar 29, 2010
Probably the time when two dragons attacked me in front of winterhold, I swear those dragons were synchroniced or something, they just wouldn't land and constantly screamed ice and fire... But I was high level in destruction (100) and knew ritual spells so one got knocked down really quickly and the other one just landed and got his scaly ass beat by towns people and the nightingale, deadric dagger combo. Oh and when the horse from the dark brotherhood distracted a dragon while I was beating on the dragon priest, that was fun... Until the horse died and the dragon attacked me, I was pumping those health potions like no tomorrow, that time.

P.S the dragons were I believe a blood one and an elder one.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Toughest battle I won so far would be the Krosis dragon priest. That ***** was tough as nails for a level 26 mage who only had up to Adept-level spells. Ended up getting her to go off the side of the cliff, then just rained down Ice-spikes into her while ducking back on the cliff to avoid her fireballs.

The toughest battle I've fought I didn't win.

Draugr Deathlord. Ebony bow, full FUS RO DAH, in Labyrinth.

He'd knock me across the room with Unrelenting Force, then peg me with a single arrow as my character did the slow standing animation. After about the 35th try I said fuck it and just snuck past him. One day I intend to return to that maze and slay him.

kazeryu

Jun 8, 2011
my toughtest battle was with a dragon priest inside a cave with some lady who was quite helpfull at my archer but she was so frigging irritating on my mage because I had a spell 50 fire damage 15 foot and she always got killed. That wasn't so bad if the bloody priest hadn't a ressurection spell. but I finally killed him using lesser ward and spark.

krugerrand123

Apr 6, 2010
On the mission to retrieve the staff of magnus, the draugr overlord kept killing me, and to make matters worse, there were more draugr a few feet away. It is times like that I am glad I have the werewolf power.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
King of the Sandbox said:
Mine was probably the time I fought a Dragon Priest.
I fought the Priest Volsung at level twelve. He could one-hit me with spears of ice, so I just dashed between cover and shot lightning at him while he was recharging his spells. I did maybe 1% of his health on every pass. Eventually, I did win, and got his eponymous mask. Oh, and Lydia was hanging out on a cliff the whole time, watching the battle. I think she shot at Volsung once.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
This one necromancer in a Nordic ruin- I believe it was called Angvard. She throws ice spikes, which could kill me in about three hits, and slowed me down so I had no chance to dodge. Plus she reanimated two Draugr Deathlords who used Fus Ro Dah and other shouts against me. It took me about an hour of retrying to defeat her, and there wasn't even a Word Wall at the end- just a Ghostblade given to me by the spirits of the Deathlords.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
There is a forswarn chieftan who dual wields swords during the Mehrune's Razor quest... Holy shit that guy was hard. Melee is usually a cakewalk but this guy's dps was insane. Awesome fight.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
My toughest Skyrim Battle?
Trying to ignore the still persistant advertising and constant forum posts.

And I'm serious, I don't own the game. And probably never will because to me it was over advertised.

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
I'd say the fight with Morokei. I was a squishy mage at the ripe level of 18, trying to become the Arch-Mage as soon as possible to have some importance in the world. Many electrified deaths later, I claimed Morokei's mask and now look like Professor Doom from the Fantastic Four...