Your toughest Skyrim battle

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Krosis.

I saw a dragon on a word wall, didn't even know dragon priests existed.
Shot it in the face with my bow and proceeded to run when an unknown had fireballed me to half health in a single shot.

I managed to leave shadowmere tanking the dragon while I chipped away at the priest's health, she could manage it. When I finally DID finish the bastard with a crit from my arrow (after many agonising minutes of dodging and using all of my potions) I turn around to see shadowmere fall from the sky in front of me and die from fall damage.

Pretty sure I raged that dragon to death.

Jan 13, 2010
Fisticuffs with an elder dragon. It took me a while and I had to chug quite a lot of potions in between the landings.

But now I can say I beat a dragon to a bloody pulp with my bare fists.

AngryPants

Oct 6, 2011
Arch Electromage battle proved to be the toughest for my Khajiit stealth bowman. With chain lightning in one hand and staff of chain lightning in another, this gloomy lady was able to one-shot my poor kitten with 300 health every time I was careless enough to be detected (5 times in a row).

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
i was doing the embassy mission and well i didnt give any equipment to the elf so there i am the sword and sheild warrior and im stuck with magic........ was not fun.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
oplinger said:
...Toughest? ..I had a mudcrab actually hit me once. Does that count? He did damage.
I got gang raped by a pack of mudcrabs. I'm serious. I was walking through the tundra by Whiterun, I stumble across a small pond, and I'm instantly surrounded. I had to use a potion or two just to survive. I also wasn't a very high level too. From then on I had a new respect for the little guys.

OT:
My longest battle. I spent a pretty long time fighting a Forsworn Briar heart. The bastard was crazy leveled in destruction, and used only frost spells that slowed me down. So my sword-and-sheild ass was dead before I could land a blow. So I drew him over, posted up with my bow, and tried shooting him to death. I was hardly leveled in archery and he wouldn't stand still. I did have a TON of posions from messing around with alchemy. He ended up recovering health a couple times though.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
razor343 said:
I'd say the fight with Morokei. I was a squishy mage at the ripe level of 18, trying to become the Arch-Mage as soon as possible to have some importance in the world. Many electrified deaths later, I claimed Morokei's mask and now look like Professor Doom from the Fantastic Four...
My brother said he managed to kill Morokei at level 9. He just used a two handed sword.

Sep 14, 2009
surprisingly my first official "random" battle in the game.

i was traveling around and came across a random fort, and me rolling a dual wielding sword user at first went in closer for a looksie, and when i did that four ice mages caming rolling out, dual wielding the frost attack that makes you super slow, in which at first i went in to charge but got stuck from the freezing, and i tried to turn around to run but unfortunately i was stuck in slo mo from the super shitty freezing effect, so using the few potions i picked up i raised my health/stamina back up, and made a run for it down the hillside using my human tactics to my advantage, while they had to go around the hillside in their own computer format, in which i was able to slash at their ankles while they tried to reach down to where i was, and so i was able to take out 2 of the 4 by doing that and then i was able to get the last two with 25% of my health left and no potions in site.

thankfully after that i made a straight shot run to white run to sell loot.

Rhaff

Jan 30, 2011
Kiardras said:
Draugur overlord type thing. Sneak up to him, but he has preternatural awareness and kills me in 2 hits.

Ok, sneaky bowshot. Nope, killed.

3rd times the charm. Sneak up the steps. Lodge an arrow in his eyesocket, doing sod all damage....

He shouts at me, causing me to drop my bow. I run away, pulling out double fists of fire, and start burning him up.

The next 15 minutes were spent running in circles in this room waiting for my magicka to recharge, whilst flaming him to death. Whenever he got close, I shouted at him and ran away again.

Ended up with about 15 health left, one hit away from death when he finally died, and dropped no good loot. Bastard.
Same sorta happened to me, only it was against 4 deathlords at once, so I of course backpeddaled like crazy, trowing shouts and fireballs at them, took me a solid 10 minutes and that was at level 30 or so -.-

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Right now my toughest opponent seems to be Steam. I have a new harddrive and I've been battling with them for 2 hours to send me the friggen Steam Guard confirmation email so I can install the damn thing.

But I managed to triumph in the end.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
For me, it's a Draugur Deathlord. I was exploring an ice cave ( Level 33 ) and was intrigued by these little blue balls of energy. After fumbling my way through the cave, I came across another of those damn "Claw Doors". Inside rested a Deathlord. Before I could even draw my sword I was shouted into a wall and got stuck. With camera flailing wildly all over the place I spammed the right trigger and attempted to beat the piss out of it. After 5 minutes of sponging, it died. Yet, I was still stuck in the wall. I couldn't get out. Spent the next 5 minutes doing barrel rolls in a wall before I decided to re-load. Conveniently, I hadn't saved for about 20 minutes and the whole cave earlier. So, pissed - I decided to make my way to Whiterun and sell off the last of my loot to FINALLY get the 100,000 Gold achievement.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
Fieldy409 said:
So I had this character, not really a stealth build but with the help of a little illusion he tries to sneak up on dudes and stab them for a cheap hit before the real fight starts. Also he steals stuff a lot.

So I was doing the thieves guild mission, the early one where you go to a honey farm and burn some hives and empty a safe. So I emptied the safe and came back out of the house undetected, standing around the door were hired thugs waiting for me. Those are the guys who are hired by the town guard to hunt you down if you get caught commiting a crime.

Anyway, these guys attack me and now my cover is blown sky high, on this mission the little island your on is filled with mercenaries your supposed to sneak past, but well the hired thugs got their attention and everyone decided to attack me. But then they decided to attack each other.

Then the dragon showed up! Did I mention that I was attempting to play the game on master difficulty at the time?

Man I died so many times. But I won in the end, and the dragon was kind enough to kill some of the thugs for me so I could loot their magic weapons. Im just glad I had heavy armour and wasnt a real stealth build. I ended up killing a fair few of the mercenaries and the hired thugs were all killed by the dragon, and I abandoned the island and went for the beach(dragon nearly killed me on the swim over, water doesnt protect you from dragonfire). I ended up finding some guards who were willing to help me in a farm. Then the dragon attacked a bear and it tanked it for us. First time I killed the dragon the bear one shotted me afterwards so I had to go through the whole process again.

I dont think I have ever laughed out loud at a game before. That shit was like lock stock and two smoking barrels where every bad guy arrives at the same place and kills each other in the ending.

I ended up turning the game down to expert though after that fiasco, and I really enjoy it now. Master is just too punishing. Worse than dark souls!

Holy crap, this is the exact same thing that happened to me in the exact same mission. Except without the thugs.
I was stealthing through the level, just about to burn down the bee hives, when a dragon shows up, alerts the guards, and finally, burns all of the hives, making me fail the level. When the lady was chiding me for burning down all of the hives, I waited for the dialogue option, that said I got attacked by a freaking dragon. But sadly it never came.

kaizen2468

Nov 20, 2009
I play on Master first of all. Anyway at one point I was pinned down by several Draugr's, a dragon priest and a blood dragon. During the first, an Elder dragon showed up out of nowhere. If not for stupid AI and dancing around cover i'd be done.

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
Mammoth was first creature I tried to kill / thread.

Snow Leaopard was first creature I happened upon in the mountains / thread.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Same as you, OP. Dragon Priest just straight up dunkin on me. Lightning bolts up my ass, and my lightning bolt didn't do nothing to his ass.

I tried to summon my Daedric soldier dude with a giant sword, but damn priest just took control of him.

Poor Lydia just got wailed on. I had to wolf out and chomp the skull off his spine.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
I haven't really had a "difficult" fight yet. I've had frustrating ones (ice spells seem to do far more damage than they should. There is an ice breath/cone spell many mobs have that will drain half of my health in an instant), but I haven't had any really hard fights. Killing Morokei in Labyrinthian was fairly easy (I had seen the fight when my friend did it, so I knew what to expect difficulty wise) (and so were the other two Dragon Priests I've killed so far). I just summon a Storm Atronach, have him aggro the Dragon Priest, then wail on him with my two bound swords.

My friend, however, died about a dozen times to Morokei. He was about tem levels lower than me when I did the quest (yes, he blasted his way through the Falmer and Dwemer at level 12 or so), so when he got to Morokei he was totally unprepared. in fact, he got one shotted about three times before he started trying to apply any sort of tactics, then after dying a few more times he just went and got the Storm Atronach from the Atronach Forge. However, he beat Morokei due to sheer luck: after siccing Lydia and the Storm dude on Morokei, he hid in a corner (he had also just gotten shot with lightning, so he had almost no health). All of a sudden, Morokei starts dropping hp like a brick. The Storm dude had expired, but his hp was still dropping. He rounds the corner and sees that Morokei is stuck on a rock, and Lydia is wailing on him with a greataxe that also steals health, so she's doing tons of damage. My friend then resummons the storm, then Morokei goes down like a mook. Lydia was also in beast mode for the rest of the game (until she started getting in the way too much), one-shotting almost every enemy she encountered. It was a fairly awesome moment when Morokei died, all thanks to Lydia and messed up AI, then the Thalmor mook get roflstomped by Lydia directly after wards. My friend couldn't even get a spell off before Lydia freaked out and shoved an axe into his face.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
King of the Sandbox said:
Man, this thread is so fun to read. Skyrim is awesome for making awesome stories. ^_^
You are a shameless bumper :p

Also I'm lucky when I encountered that dragon I mentioned earlier, he didn't burn the hives.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Fieldy409 said:
Man, this thread is so fun to read. Skyrim is awesome for making awesome stories. ^_^

Also I'm lucky when I encountered that dragon I mentioned earlier, he didn't burn the hives.
Hey! I'm not shameless! I have TONS of shame! I just hide it well. ;)

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Fieldy409 said:

Hey! I'm not shameless! I have TONS of shame! I just hide it well. ;)
By deleting your Internet history?