Your usefulness in the coming apocalypse...

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I'm awesome?

And due to internet I know a few things that could help, I also know have some first aid skills, know how to make a fire and given the circumstances could easily learn how to work a weapon.
Also I'm quite good at convincing people and could organise people.
Basically jack of all trades.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well I don't have a lot of hands-on skills that some people here have like woodworking, fishing, construction, engineering, whatever. I am a pretty fast learner, I have some knowledge that might help out, and I'm willing to do some dirty work if it means surviving.

Although that doesn't really set me apart from the crowd as I'm sure there are plenty of other people who could claim the same thing. So I guess what would really make me useful is that I have a lot of knowledge on how people work individually and as a group. I've studied a decent amount psychology and sociology, coupled with my knowledge of human history I can figure out what works and what doesn't when it comes to keeping a group together. So I guess I would be useful for keeping whatever survivors I'm a part of working together, not necessarily as a leader (although I can step up to the plate when necessary, I'm not a natural leader type of guy) but perhaps as an advisor to the leader. Or leaders if we decide to go with more than one.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
I shoot straight, I hit hard, and I can raise animals and build things like a bat-outta. Hunter/gatherer is where it's at, man; especially in my part of the world.

GiantSpiderGoat

Nov 19, 2009
I use to raise and train German Shepherds. So I guess I could be some sort of hunter/tracker with animals. I can also fish so I'll be joining you on that boat.

Oh for possession's well I have a sweet hat and every new civilization needs a man with a sweet hat and possibly a poncho.

Jun 7, 2010
I'm young and perfectly healthy and I make excellent cannon fodder. I think I can just be the guy who generally helps around the stronghold/hideout. Or I could be the creepy loner that kills everyone who looks slightly threatning and robs them blind, finds their house, murders their family and loots the place and distributes the stuff throughout the community.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Reproducing to continue the human species! Giggity :L
If anyone ninja'd me I'll be upset ¬¬

Mmm Id probably be able to fight away zombie dogs and so on so some kind of guard?

GiantSpiderGoat

Nov 19, 2009
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
I'm young and perfectly healthy and I make excellent cannon fodder. I think I can just be the guy who generally helps around the stronghold/hideout. Or I could be the creepy loner that kills everyone who looks slightly threatning and robs them blind, finds their house, murders their family and loots the place and distributes the stuff throughout the community.
Can I be your friend then? I swear with my trained dogs and your homicidal tendencies we could fight off any mutations that happen to try to take over the Earth and kill us.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
NeedAUserName said:
OakTaooper said:
I can fish. I was raised in the country, so I learned survival skills at a young age. Tracking, growing, fishing, finding food, identifying plants, and most importantly, building fire for your rockets.
In a nuclear war almost all those skills are gonna count for shit.
That doesn't make any sense. Those are basic survivalist skills. OF course they're going to help. They won't help you if you're right in the blast radius of a bomb, but then nothing is going to help you. When we are no longer able to simply go to the store to buy food from the supermarket, we're going to have to scavenge our own food from the local environment. Being able to track animals, plant and care for plants, fish, and identify wild plants are immensely helpful.
Yeah, but the fallout from the nuclear blasts will make a lot of this stuff inedible.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Good physics knowlege and some know how on applications to engineering, meaning I can build and repair a fair few things, good leadership qualities (apparently), good with logistics, oh and people seem to take what I say at face value, awesome.

Nvv

Sep 28, 2009
Some knowledge of mathematics, though rubbish at applying it to practice....
I know history, I think I know some of the basic things to make a primitive society...unfortunatly I am not off physical prowess so I cannot enforce the rules...

I would try, but ultimatly fail at rebuilding society.

Jun 7, 2010
GiantSpiderGoat said:
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
Can I be your friend then? I swear with my trained dogs and your homicidal tendencies we could fight off any mutations that happen to try to take over the Earth and kill us.
Exellent...

masseyguy911

Aug 6, 2010
I would probably be the most useless person in this scenario. Well, I guess I could just do some mindless manual labor... thats about it.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I have rudimentary survival skills (I can find/treat water in the field. Make shelters, start fires, find relative azimuthal directions), and a broad base of practical knowledge for educating the surviving generations.

I'd have a fair shot at pulling my weight in post-apoc society.

Hazzaslagga

Sep 18, 2009
I'll play music to keep us entertained.
everyone likes apocalypsedeathcorpsedecapitationcandyflossdeathmetal right.

Dabox1

Jul 16, 2010
the ability to kill other people so I can use all the scarce supplies for myself...

duckfi8

Jan 21, 2009
I'm an expert hunter and fisherman, I have a arsenal of weapons in my house, Im a survivalist, I always have a SHTF bag with me.