Your usefulness in the coming apocalypse...

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I have a knack for weapons, so I'd be a useful hunter for food. I'm creative, and not too bad with my hands, so I could help build stuff. I might not enjoy working hard, but if necessary I'll do menial jobs without complaining, so if there's any hard labour to be done I can help out. And I'm good as a team player, so there'd be no danger of me not getting along with anyone.

Plus, I'm fairly smart (member of Mensa from the age of six, did Economics at A-Level, and I'm now a maths undergraduate), so I'd probably do pretty well in the new government that would inevitably be formed (because without a working leadership being formed quickly and efficiently the new world would crumble pretty quickly with everyone vying for power, as is human nature...).

Yeah, I think in the Apocalypse I'll be pretty well off :)

Sharky200

Nov 28, 2009
well I have breeder's knowledge of birds. So we catch some birds breed them eat them. tasty tasty parakeets.
I can keep the kids entertained while all of you go hunt for mutant 2 headed dogs for dinner or whatever.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Does the apocalypse need chemists? Medicines and shit? Other than that, I can fight and and I can be the comic relief guy...

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
I can drive, which is a slowly dying art in this country.

I'm also a strong (if amateur) climber/traverser of uneven ground, so I'd be a good forager.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
Im not afraid to hurt traitors or people who come out with utterly stupid plans an expect people to do the said plan.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
An arsenal of sharp objects and guns, survival skills, nerd trivia, chemistry knowledge, and the fact that I always have the makings of a plan (just don't always know how to impliment it).

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
NeedAUserName said:
OakTaooper said:
I can fish. I was raised in the country, so I learned survival skills at a young age. Tracking, growing, fishing, finding food, identifying plants, and most importantly, building fire for your rockets.
In a nuclear war almost all those skills are gonna count for shit.
That doesn't make any sense. Those are basic survivalist skills. OF course they're going to help. They won't help you if you're right in the blast radius of a bomb, but then nothing is going to help you. When we are no longer able to simply go to the store to buy food from the supermarket, we're going to have to scavenge our own food from the local environment. Being able to track animals, plant and care for plants, fish, and identify wild plants are immensely helpful.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
I can get shit done and ive no qualms with killing people to save myself or those close to me. Likely since im unarmed and atm not very physically fit that could be difficult, but i'd still do it. People in the western countries are terribly soft and think killing is a horrible act, but in all honesty its just means to an end. Kill them or they kill you. And before you go all hippy pacifistwuss and tell me that people wont be so bad and bladibla, yes they will be. People are little more then animals outside of society. And when everything crumbles you'll have to have the stomach to do what needs to be done or perish yourself.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
I can fix just about damn near anything, I can work with metals, I'm good with firearms, and there is a small stash of bottle-caps on the desk next to me that I kept for just such an occasion.

Shihan2

Apr 14, 2009
Being of hillbilly stock, I'm a natural with a firearm and I've hunted both small and medium sized game before, assuming there's any land that's not flooded. I've lived in every climate and region along the east coast and I've backpacked quite a bit, and scouts taught me how to survive with very little. So in summary, my skills are better suited to hunting and security against any bandits, but I'm also willing to learn anything else to help.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Kharloth said:
Useless nerd trivia and fantasy lore.
BAM! We are bards/entertainers. It may not be much but at least our antics will keep the crushing depression and loneliness of out situation from reaching suicidal levels. Come gather all ye children, and I'll spin you a tale of Cybertron and the war thereon!

As for possessions...I have a couple of lighters. We will have fire.