Your video game hot take(s) thread

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Oh, but it can get stupider. I present you the Razer Zephyr, an RGB facemask for real gamers:
So...I'm gonna be real, I think that actually looks pretty dope. It's cyberpunk as hell. I would definitely turn the internal lighting off, and the rgb as well. For real though, I would totally buy one of these if

1. They're actually N95 masks like they've claimed.
2. The filters are actually easy to change and easy/cheap to buy
3. It doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of money.

Like I would totally actually buy one for like $150 just to wear when traveling because I almost always get sick when flying.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So...I'm gonna be real, I think that actually looks pretty dope. It's cyberpunk as hell. I would definitely turn the internal lighting off, and the rgb as well. For real though, I would totally buy one of these if

1. They're actually N95 masks like they've claimed.
2. The filters are actually easy to change and easy/cheap to buy
3. It doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of money.

Like I would totally actually buy one for like $150 just to wear when traveling because I almost always get sick when flying.
Well, if interested, it's $99 or $149 with a 3 sets of replacement filters. https://www.razer.com/gear-accessories/razer-zephyr

Oh, the mask part is fine. It's the rgb I think is stupid. Not fond of the mouth window either. Do keep in mind intended as a purifier for air pollution, not so much a medical mask. Tho it'll still be better than nothing.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Well, if interested, it's $99 or $149 with a 3 sets of replacement filters. https://www.razer.com/gear-accessories/razer-zephyr

Oh, the mask part is fine. It's the rgb I think is stupid. Not fond of the mouth window either. Do keep in mind intended as a purifier for air pollution, not so much a medical mask. Tho it'll still be better than nothing.
I'm surprised there was no voice module. I'd seen a similar mask used out in the wild, it actually looked quite good and the guy's voice was very clear though obviously electronic. Although that model is 200 bucks.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

According to the website, that clear part is to allow people to still see your expressions, so its at least been put there with purpose.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Overkill ain’t such a bad thing in this case, but I also am not crazy about the lighting and mouth window.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Yeah, they should really make a version where the mouth window has a removable cover.
Exactly, the best part about wearing a mask is how it obscures most of my face and people can't see my expression. Also you just know it's going to fog up or get little bits of spittle stuck on it when you're talking or if you cough and you'll never even know it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
If you have to visit a certain character to level up, the character should not spout lines of dialogue at you EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU TALK TO THEM! Yes, I'm looking at you Dark Souls 2. Dark Souls 3 kinda hit the same nerve but it wasn't as bad as Bearer Seek Seek Lest.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Whoever said Oneechanbara Origin does not have a large move list is full of shit and barely played the game. True, the move list is shorter than ZII, but Aya, Saki, and Lei still have a good sized move list. Plus, this the only game with a parry button and dodging being even more useful than the last game. Before that point, dodging did work, the counter attack you did afterwards did so-so damage (ZII) or became outright game breakers (Bikini Samurai Squad and Bikini Zombie Slayers). Keep in mind, it's a remake of two games combined in to one, and the original versions did not give you a large move set to begin with either. The game does have hidden moves you have to pull off yourself by timing your button pressed called Cool Combos. That is something the series has always done since the 360/PS3/Wii era. So why some critics never realize this, think it's something new, or does not add anything is beyond me.

I do agree that the game is overpriced digitally, and is way too expensive for the asking price. Get this game on a sale; that's what I did. I too agree that Eva should have been an unlockable character, as she was in the original version of 2.

Guardian Heroes does RPG mechanics the best, because your stats reset on every new playthrough. It keeps each playthrough fresh and interesting.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
If you have to visit a certain character to level up, the character should not spout lines of dialogue at you EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU TALK TO THEM! Yes, I'm looking at you Dark Souls 2. Dark Souls 3 kinda hit the same nerve but it wasn't as bad as Bearer Seek Seek Lest.
That's why Bonfire-chan is the best level-up NPC.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Skins are ugly. Whether singleplayer or multiplayer. I've can count the number of skins I actually liked in video games on my two hands, and most of them were in Arkham Knight and Spider-man PS4.
That depends on who's doing the skins/alternate costumes. You get some developers who get it right, and others who get things wrong. Japanese developers tend to do alternate costumes better than most Western developers, but they have many of their own slip ups too. I will admit that a lot of Western developers during the 7th generation had a habit of giving or rewarding the player with mediocre or terrible skins/alternate costumes. Though the Japanese have the problem recently, and 7th gen, of putting alternate costumes behind DLC. Fighting games in particular are heavily guilty of this, unless you wait and get the Complete/Gold/Champion's Sucker Edition of the fighting game. Don't even get me started with Arc System whenever they do a fighting game and hold all the alternate color swaps behind either a DLC, season pass, or both.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
The Hitman games are all tedious. I've gotten several of them for free (Steam and Epic Games Store), but I don't know why I keep giving them more chances.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Crysis series and Far Cry: Instincts >>>>Far Cry Mainline Series.

I could not get in to FC3: Blood Dragon either.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Crysis series and Far Cry: Instincts >>>> Far Cry Mainline Series.

I could not get in to FC3: Blood Dragon either.
HERETIC!

No, seriously, Blood Dragon is pretty much a gimmick and while I had fun with it, it gets old pretty damn fast and by the time I was done with it like 5-10 hours later I'd had my fill of it(and man was I done with seeing so much NEON). I mean, thank god it wasn't 30+ hours but even then it was basically one joke stretched out into a game. I have no urge to ever replay it, honestly.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
HERETIC!

No, seriously, Blood Dragon is pretty much a gimmick and while I had fun with it, it gets old pretty damn fast and by the time I was done with it like 5-10 hours later I'd had my fill of it(and man was I done with seeing so much NEON). I mean, thank god it wasn't 30+ hours but even then it was basically one joke stretched out into a game. I have no urge to ever replay it, honestly.
I couldn't even bother finishing the demo. Everything about the game screamed: LOOK HOW 80S AND RETRO WE ARE! All of the over praising and people saying it was the best modern Duke Nukem (Matt McMuscles is still a big supportive and vocal of this argument) game ever made (compared to DNF) did nothing to help. I just came off of Double Dragon Neon, which did its 80s throwback humor better and with a little more restraint. I already played the best modern Duke Nukem game a couple years beforehand called Bulletstorm.

Last edited: