Your Waifu?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Mine is only a waifu thin!

No I do not have a Waifu, because I don't want to date a two dimensional being. I can appreciate characters, but I don't want to fucking cuddle them.
You, sir, just made my day with that joke.

OT: Because I could actually care less, I'm going to go with whatever my butt is my currently on is my "waifu." If I'm on the couch it's the couch, if I'm in a chair it's the chair. Just don't expect me to get all lovey with any of them.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Wait a thought I clicked on The Escapist not /tv/!

OT: Although not really a waifu, Lilly from Katawa Shoujo fits my type of girl to absolute tee.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Somewhere, maybe it was reddit, they were on this topic earlier this week. I can understand being a fan of certain characters, but the hardcore Waifu movement seems a little out there. And if you're so devoted to them how can you have had 3 previous waifus. Is there a divorce procedure? Do you need to burn all your Black Lagoon dvds if you give up on Levi?

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I'm not usually the type... but I've got a secret one!

What's not to love about Marina? She's a sniper and she's so gloomy all the time, I just wanna cheer her up!

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Well, since I have a life?no, I don?t have a ?waifu?.

But if I had to pick one, it?d probably be Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist.

DAT ANDROGYNY

Yes, I know he's male. But, in the manga and second anime, he would technically have no gender, since he?s a shapeshifting homunculus. Anyway, I'm not ashamed of admitting that I'm attracted to guys that look like pretty girls. Or just femininity in general.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Relish in Chaos said:
Well, since I have a life?no, I don?t have a ?waifu?.

But if I had to pick one, it?d probably be Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist.

DAT ANDROGYNY

Yes, I know he's male. But, in the manga and second anime, he would technically have no gender, since he?s a shapeshifting homunculus. Anyway, I'm not ashamed of admitting that I'm attracted to guys that look like pretty girls.
I was always wondering up until the half way point whether he was a dude. The voice, hair and the outfit were all distictly female so it kinda shocked me when I found out he was actually... A giant/tiny green lizard made up of human souls.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Colour-Scientist said:
Those shorts kinda make it look like she has a giant white bush.
**spit take**

Oh gods! I can't unsee it! I CAN'T UNSEE IT!

**head-desk**

OT: I have only used the phrase "waifu" sarcastically. While there are plenty of characters in anime who I would enjoy having a physical relationship with were they real, I would not refer to them as a "waifu" in the same way what I would not refer to my spouse as "snookums" unless I was being extra sarcastic or ironic.

Thundergod1020

Jul 9, 2011
As someone who knows the futility of having a waifu, I do not possess one. As someone who WISHES they could have a waifu IRL, Hanako and Emi from Katawa Shoujo or Mizore from Rosario. They all make me want to cuddle them and tell them everything's alright.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
xplosive59 said:
Wait a thought I clicked on The Escapist not /tv/!

OT: Although not really a waifu, Lilly from Katawa Shoujo fits my type of girl to absolute tee.
>played Katawa Shoujo
>implying that he doesn't have a waifu

Rin... Hnnnnnnnggggg.

Seriously, how is this not obviously a joke thread?

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
SomeLameStuff said:
If I had one, it's obvious who it would be...

Someone needs to tell that poor girl to go see a doctor, her eye appears to be on fire. Must be quite uncomfortable.

Zhukov said:
A kitten dies every time someone someone says "waifu" with a straight face.

Please, think of the kittens.
This.

I can't even say the word aloud, it's just that kind of word. I can't even say it ironically.
Oh yes you can. You are British are you not? You can say anything ironically..its your racial/cultural skill... :p

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Waifu, huh? I got onto this thread to learn what the term meant. I stayed for the spectacle.

mechashiva77 said:
People are taking this thread too seriously o_o

Captcha: bowties are cool. Huh.
Ditto.

Loosen up and have some fun, you sillies.

Okay, I haven't watched TV or anime in years...so the only animated characters that come to mind are...

I can't crush on Disney characters like a 12 year old boy might--and it's been eons since I've been 12--but Shego and Kim Possible are (normally) cute.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Well, it's a tie between Joan Holloway:

Or Saffron:

Joan is much less likely to steal my wallet, but Saffron could teach me how to fly a spaceship.

Alcyone

Feb 10, 2013
Hmm can girls have husbands? I think I saw the term husbando tossed around somewhere before... If so I'd definitely choose Gecko Moriah =w= Hnnng~

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
Libby Cottle said:
Hmm can girls have husbands? I think I saw the term husbando tossed around somewhere before... If so I'd definitely choose Gecko Moriah =w= Hnnng~
I hate to pull the old "girls? on the internet?" joke but it's pretty much the reason why you hear Waifu a hell of a lot more than "husbando". And that's the first time I've even heard that term, it's just not catchy! o_O

Elude

Apr 22, 2013
I always found the whole waifu thing kind of creepy for the ones that are seriously in love with them and pretend to eat dinner with them and stuff. But, to each their own I suppose!

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Can't say I do. Seems a bit creepy when people prefer 2D partners over the real thing but to each his own I guess.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well it's impossible since ... well ... we kinda live in this world and not in their world.
I do have a mental list if there was a possibility I exist in one of those worlds as the protag. :p

Though many factors will be in question.
Like will I actually end up liking them in that world and etc.

The only hope we have is to find (Or just pray) for someone like them.

But *Shrugs*, why bother wanting a "waifu" who already has someone?

wildwind1290

Jun 15, 2009
As a good man I know once said, "it's not what you like, it's how you like it." I don't care if people have a waifu, but once you mention the words "love pillow" you lose all credibility with me. We're not all hopeless here...or at least, neckbeard-level helpless. I hope.

That said...

Cagalli Yula Atha from Gundam SEED.

Come on. She's a princess, a diplomat, a rebel, and one hell of a Gundam pilot. I'd follow her to a fight any day!

I won't exactly say no to Lilly Satou or Mizore Shirayuki either.

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Am I really on the Escapist? Is this really the Escapist? This seems like the same place that... well anyway, the Escapist is just o' surprises.

I'm not going to share which fictional character I am attracted to. Because mine are too creepy.

But I will share this amazing video commentary on the subject.
Informational! Educational!

Oh, also language warning. He says stuff like "fags" and "*****" which is kinda offensive.:I

It also has nothing creepy in it. You just jump right in there. Like you know you want to.