Your "What were they thinking." Moment while you were playing a game.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Its probably one of those times where the gameplay guys are just ignoring the lore guys because if Darkspawn blood was THAT dangerous then people wouldn't be fighting them in melee, it would have to be ranged or at the very least at the end of a very long spear. And while that might make for a fine RTS style game, its gonna suck balls for a party based RPG. As a result, Darkspawn blood is only dangerous when plot calls for it.
Yeah, if pretty much everyone who get injured by a darkspawn became one or some kind of undead(I forget which), they wouldn't need the Broodmothers. They'd pretty much just make more darkspawn with even battle by default.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Honestly any game that decides to change gameplay up drastically at the very last minutes is making a mistake and should feel bad.

I'm looking at you MGS2 and the Solidus fight.
Technically the core gameplay doesnt change, the damage numbers just spike so high as to render that gameplay moot.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Prodeus abrupt ending and the lame ending boss fight. Weapons like the super shotgun and plasma rifle you have to get by collecting currency. Either weapons should just be given to you at certain points in levels and move on. Not to mention the upgrades are really expensive. I just beat the game last night and I still haven't gotten the other weapons yet. I know this is to encourage replay value and then go back and the early levels of find a secret with new upgrades, but I honestly dislike this type of exploration and secret hunting.

The parasitic worm boss fight in Evil West has no mid boss fight checkpoints. Meaning if you die you have to do the entire thing all over again. This only gets more annoying on harder difficulties, as you can't afford to take much damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock