Your Worst Video Game Ever

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Xenowolf said:
This... thing. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hss2QwtT6xY] OK, so technically I haven't played it, but really, I don't think it even requires me playing it for one moment for me to call it that. But excluding that, i had quite a lot of crap film tie-ins as a kid so probably one of those. Some of them weren't actually completely terrible, but others just flat-out sucked.
Thanks for posting that I havent LOL`ed that hard in a while man I wish I could see the design doc for that game.

My own worst game Im not sure possibly Incredible Hulk on the C64 because it was literally unplayable as far as I can tell the controls did nothing 99% of the time seriously I only got the dude out of the chair at the start once, usually he would just sit there for hours while I tried every button / combination of buttons possible to shift his big green arse and the time he did get up well he immediately died of course and was sent straight back to that frickin chair.

This gen though the worst game I have played (at least for a reasonable length of time prob 40 hours or so if I had to guess) is The Last Remnant it was just poor in every area, Characters,Battle system,Story,Graphics,Art Direction,Structure,Quests,Level system seriously I am not sure I can find anything good to say about it except maybe in a backhanded compliment kind of way like the controls are better than the Incredible Hulk on C64.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I always find it funny seeing games like Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption in these lists... if those are seriously THE worst games you have ever played, then you must not have played more than 5 games in your lifetime.

Worst game I ever played is Megarace 3: Nanotech Disaster. A shitty WipEout clone for the PS2 that has horrible graphics, horrible controls, horrible tracks, and the worst FMV sequences I have ever, EVER seen! And I played Night Trap back in the day!

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
Perfect Dark Zero (360) One of the most disappointing launch titles ever.
Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast/xbox live arcade) I loved this game, back in the days of the Dreamcast. So I was so happy when it came to xbox live and then I played it. Terrible camera and awful controls, no amount of nostalgia could make me finish it.

Haakmed

Oct 29, 2010
ZehMadScientist said:
In recent memory, the worst game is no doubt Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. It has absolutely no redeemable qualities. At all.
Didn't like the final boss?! That was like the best ending ever!!!!

I do have to agree, loved how I bought it at full price, and week later it was half price, week after 75% off!

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Haakmed said:
ZehMadScientist said:
In recent memory, the worst game is no doubt Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. It has absolutely no redeemable qualities. At all.
Didn't like the final boss?! That was like the best ending ever!!!!

I do have to agree, loved how I bought it at full price, and week later it was half price, week after 75% off!
I was surprised at that. That and Motorstorm Apocalypse are the fastest price drops I've seen. It was barely a month before they both dropped to half price.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
I tend to research games enough to never get a horrible one, but were I to pick the one that disappointed me the most: Dragon Age 2.

I was on the fence about it after the horrible demo, and the review this site convinced me to buy it. Worst game I've ever paid full price for, and it completely destroyed my opinion on the Escapist's reviews.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
And not a single mention of Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing?
Because that game is so bad, it loops round and becomes the best game ever made.

<youtube=oaMejARx560>
Pretty much. It's kinda hard to hate the mentally disabled kid.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Every day the same dream. I tell you, it's a good thing that game is free, but even then you still won't get any bang for your buck. It's one of those art games where you're supposed to look at the various steps you take around the 9 screen game world and interpret artistic stuff with them. The gameplay is you go to work and mix it up in small ways before you get there. Petting a cow, catching a leaf, meeting a homeless guy who takes you to a graveyard, suicide, and going to work in your underwear. That's it. No relief from the routine of going to work every day and then waking up to do it again. This game loves whacking you over the head with a huge ass hammer labeled "DEPRESSION". There are 4 colors in the game excluding the flickering TV. Grey, white, red, and blue. The red only being used for the earnings graph and the blue only being used for a parking lot sign.

Bottom line, this is the worst game I have ever played because it's so boring and depressing that I want to quit after 2 minutes. It's not fun, not engaging, and really not worth my time. People who are into art games and interpreting stuff will probably love it. But to me, it is the most boring game I have ever played, and to me, being boring is the cardinal sin for any game, which is why it is my personal worst game ever.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Racecarlock said:
Every day the same dream. I tell you, it's a good thing that game is free, but even then you still won't get any bang for your buck. It's one of those art games where you're supposed to look at the various steps you take around the 9 screen game world and interpret artistic stuff with them. The gameplay is you go to work and mix it up in small ways before you get there. Petting a cow, catching a leaf, meeting a homeless guy who takes you to a graveyard, suicide, and going to work in your underwear. That's it. No relief from the routine of going to work every day and then waking up to do it again. This game loves whacking you over the head with a huge ass hammer labeled "DEPRESSION". There are 4 colors in the game excluding the flickering TV. Grey, white, red, and blue. The red only being used for the earnings graph and the blue only being used for a parking lot sign.

Bottom line, this is the worst game I have ever played because it's so boring and depressing that I want to quit after 2 minutes. It's not fun, not engaging, and really not worth my time. People who are into art games and interpreting stuff will probably love it. But to me, it is the most boring game I have ever played, and to me, being boring is the cardinal sin for any game, which is why it is my personal worst game ever.
Have to agree. I'm not even sure it qualifies as a game.

And, yes, before anyone says anything I am aware of the Artistic messages. But a game which is literally the same thing over and over with little to no variation is just boring. And before anyone says anything, at least Cod has some nice big explosions and some stealth missions.

Burntpopcarn

May 29, 2011
Either Resident evil 5 or Dead rising.
Resident evil 5 because... well, I just didn't really enjoy it all that much, and dead rising because it was ugly in terms of graphics and the game itself was very annoying and did seem extremely stupid. Dead rising 2 was very enjoyable and good, however.

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
That sits in my memories now would have to be Liar

It had a good idea going for it, you're fighting other people in a war while riding on a dragon. However it came out with the gimmick of it could only be played with the PS3's six axis controls, and boy did it suffer for that.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
PotluckBrigand said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
snip (Summary: White Knight sucks)
snip (half defending White Knight)
yeah, the online bit was pretty good, (my lady was basically a tank), but the online bit if the fluff, and extra, and i believe Yahtzee is correct when he said "a game must be able to stand on it's single player alone".

hehe, subsequently, how badly where you over leveled in comparison to the 'main party' in the single player?

also, far as Cathrine goes. Atlus can't shoot bulls-eyes all the time man.

jjjonesy27

Jul 2, 2011
Someone already said this but definitely Far Cry 2. Extremely disappointing.

Plus there was no lions!!!!

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
Worst game: Assassin's Creed II. There I was, playing the game, when I decided it was late and turned off my Xbox. The next morning, I see that the game had erased itself from my system's history. While I kept all my achievements, I had no data used for its storage. It wasn't even in my recent games played or anything. Glad I didn't waste money on that (it was a friend's copy).

The Force Unleashed II was also a huge disappointment. The demo was fun enough but it was the entire first planet. All told, the game was under 5 hrs. I promptly returned it.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. As a fan of the Ace Combat series, I was sorely disappointed by the series' turn to making a Call of Duty game. I grew disgusted and returned it unfinished.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
You know, had I not given into all the hype and let my curiosity get the best of me this past September I would not be able to contribute to this thread today. But, that is not how my history went down.

My ?Friends?

I can genuinely say never have I played a game that while playing I have consciously been aware was a waste of my time. Nor have I ever been so angry at a game. And I grew up with Mega Man and Abe?s Oddysee and The Heart of Darkness. So I have spent my time in the gaming trenches.

This game is none other than.

Gears of War 3

I know you?re probably thinking it?s strange I would single out a specific title in a series that has pretty much remained the same since the first game. But then again, I seem to remember being impressed and actually having fun with the first one. It varied up the gameplay nicely and kept your attention with diverse levels such as the Krill level for example.
Yeah the game kept it?s grey pallet but we went from city ruins, to streets at night that we had to desperately scurry to a light source in order to avoid being torn to shreds, to emulsion filled underground caves, to a speedy train fight. My point is it kept things somewhat diverse, and also, it wasn?t trying to pretend it was anything more than a shooter with some cool new cover mechanic.

Perhaps Gears 3 wouldn?t be the subject of such anger had I played the second one. But thankfully I skipped out on that...aaand spent the money on Mortal Kombat vs DC. Yep side step a punch to the face, stepped into a bear trap.

-THE PART THAT IS ACTUALLY RELEVANT!!!!

So here I land in Gears of War 3 being warned of what Epic has been up to since Gears 1. And yet I couldn?t say no. It was the end after all I had to see how it all ended? Maybe they would...explain things? Hell most of the reviewers made it sound as if they did.

Ooooh boy what a disappointment.

I?ll try to keep it short

-First of all I hated how clunky and slow the movements of the characters were. I don't even recall movment being this lumberous in the first game. I hate how they felt more clunky than your character from the first Tenchu game (LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN) And that for some reason they always felt compelled to rub themselves on every vertical or horizontal flat surface before doing what it was you actually wanted them to do.(which was usually run for the freaking hill!)

- NEXT. I hated how terrible, just how terrible the characters and story were when really it didn?t have to be.
I know you?re thinking ?what did you expect from Gears of War if you played the first one?
Well in my defence they are the ones trying to sell me that it is indeed more than just a clunky shooter with Unreals? art style. So it?s on them.
Also, has anyone ever noticed how when the story actually tries to explain itself or characters actually start to show some depth Markus comes along and acts as Epics? story cock block?

And I don?t think I have to say anything about how much more grey that game needed do I?

In the end
Gears of War 3 just felt like a piece of well chewed gum that had lost its flavour long ago and now had just been reduced to a bitter putty that was mucking around in your mouth that you try to kid yourself is still chewable gum and continue to chew away.

Yeah Gears of War 3 that game for me.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States

Usually I'm pretty good about not buying shit, I knew home-front would be garbage and avoided it all together, I've never bought a COD game because I think they're not worth it etc etc... But I really wanted DNF to be good, I tried to like it but after a while the realization came through that no, this game really is horrible, the reviewers were right and I've learned my lesson.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Phasmal said:
Cliché.. but I really hate Alone in The Dark.

I have a copy of it that I cant trade in (I cant remember why, but game shops wont take it). So it sits in my games drawer stinking up my collection. I think I would probably hate it less if I could trade it in, I cant justify putting it in the bin yet.
You can get a whole whoopin' 50 cents trade-in at Amazon.com. (Which is bad news, considering Amazon is usually on the upper-spectrum of trade-in value)

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
Electro Dave said:
Bioshock. (Picks up +5 shield of resist flame)

Everyone made it out to be a evolution of FPS...to me it was not worthy of a full price release
I completely understand if you don't like Bioshock, but it's the worst game you've ever played?

My worst game would be the arcade game mario kart or carnevil because even when i do everything perfectly in either game, I'm forced to pay more because in mario kart you have to pay again for the next race in the goddamned cup whether you win or not and in carnevil its straight up rigged so you die all the time