Your Worst Video Game Ever

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
Mass Effect 2. I'm not even trolling a little bit, I've never had a game put me to sleep faster than Mass Effect. It just isn't interesting to me at all.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
WET...that was...

I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't even make past the first hour. I just put the controller down, turned off the PS3 and watched TV. Luckily, it was a friend's game so I didn't spend any money on that...thing.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
MammothBlade said:
of Fire was by objective standards crappy and well below par, but I actually enjoyed it.

Then there's WWE 5, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, and Full Spectrum warrior. Ew.

Whaaaat? Full spectrum warrior was quite good :) Ten hammers even more so.

In recent memory, duke nukem critical mass for DS. Good god....

Buggy, short, annoying jetpack sections and missing the one liners - terrible.

AND it cost me £15. Got £12 back for it though :p

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009

[rage]

this piece of shit

first, it MADE me create a character, then, made said character take a back seat in the story mode, and worse, my character had ZERO effect, or say in anything, while she (i made a girl) just fallowed the main character, who by rights, i would have killed for being an unlikable, whiny waste of digital space, not that the 'old guy, who's actually a super bad ass' was any better.

the whole game was just one big cliche, helpless princess? check. hero instantly falls in love with her? check. older character that's also a 'super bad-ass'? check. villains that where evil for the sake of being evil? check (and really only ever done right by The Joker and Kefka)

the last nail in its coffin for me, was the 'White Knight' which is an ancient artifact of untold power the bad guys are after (check), yeah .... you don't get one, well, you don in WKC2, but that shit dose not fly with me, ever, if you FORCE me to make a character for the 'online mode' and then have that character involved with the main plot, YOU DO NOT, skip them when handing out the 'ancient artifacts of one sided ass kickings' until the squeal!!!

[/rage]

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
To be honest, I do not even remember the Title, but it was some Pro Golf title on the SNES. The only thing that made it even fun enough to play was my friends background 'golf commentary' such as 'Looks like that one hit the tree, Jim.'

In all of my experience that is truely the worst.

Dr Namgge

Oct 21, 2009
Terminate421 said:
This game is hilariously broken. So much wrong with it, so many errors, mistakes, glitches, and idiotic things, not to mention gameplay that, even if fixed, would've been frustrating, stupid, and largely pointless, for a confusing story that ultimately doesn't even matter. For the uniformed, Sonic '06's story wraps up with Sonic going back in time, and putting out "the flames of disaster" before they're released. In other words, every single event done in this game, is undone by the ending, giving the whole thing a "none of it ever happened" memory. And yet, I've played worse.

I was once given a PS1 budget title (i.e., made for nothing, sold for almost nothing in supermarkets and bought only by elderly relatives who have heard of videogames, but cannot tell what makes a good one) by an elderly relative who had heard of videogames, but couldn't tell what makes a good one. It was called Windsurfers Paradise, and as far as I could tell, it was a Tony Hawk's clone, only about windsurfing. I say that, but there was no real goal beyond high score, and I genuinely could not fathom how to play. The instructions were literally "X is jump, Square is grab", no real indication of when or where you were supposed to try and do any of this. I played it once for about an hour, trying to suss it, and got nowhere. Never touched it since.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
joe-h2o said:
Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Such a crushing, awful disappointment after the original C&C and C&C: Red Alert.
What in God's name are you smoking? Tiberian Sun was awesome. Everything after RA2 on the other hand...

In all seriousness though, I am curious as to what about Tiberian Sun you didn't like. Because I thoroughly enjoyed it, and consider it a better game than the original C&C, although I'll agree that Red Alert was better.

Personally, my 'worst game of all time' award goes to Bikini Samurai Squad. Because seriously, what could be better than hot samurai chicks in bikinis running around killing people? Or at least that's what I thought. Turns out it was ridiculously horrible for a number of reasons that I don't think I need to get in to. Suffice it to say, don't play the game. It's bad.

Kvaedi

Jul 7, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
Electro Dave said:
Bioshock. (Picks up +5 shield of resist flame)

Everyone made it out to be a evolution of FPS...to me it was not worthy of a full price release
I would say this, but even BioShock pales in comparison to Metroid: Other M. Seriously, what the hell were the developers thinking?! It wasn't just bad, it was insulting.
Just reading about Metroid: Other M made me hate it. It just seems like everything was done in the most insulting and idiotic way for no reason but to annoy fans.

But, my worst game would have to be Gears of War. Hate it. Bought it after I read a review in a magazine that made it sound like the greatest thing to ever exist. I was thinking I would get a modern Quake with shoving grenades down enemy throats. Instead I got angsty giants who are afraid of moving quickly. I wouldn't hate it so much if it wasn't so popular though, it just annoys me because I don't get what people see in it.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Terminate421 said:
This is the worst game I've ever played. Of all time. I learned my lesson, to read reviews about a game before diving into it.

Yeah, this about sums up mine.

I remember as a kid playing this crappy SNES game called James Bond Jr..

I wouldn't count James Bond Jr., because I was only a kid and didn't know better... So sonic 06 is going to be the biggest burn I experienced in regards to playing a game.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Jet Set Radio Future - one of only two games to physically make me sick.

The other being one of those WW2 MoH games, where to continue on to the next area, I had to crawl through this barely visible hole in the wall (after looking for it for 5 hours). I broke the disc after that.

Greater Evil

Apr 18, 2009
Skin said:
Jet Set Radio Future is the best game there ever was and I will fight you

I remember playing it as a kid and my nostalgia is stronger than your muscles

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Greater Evil said:
Skin said:
Jet Set Radio Future is the best game there ever was and I will fight you

I remember playing it as a kid and my nostalgia is stronger than your muscles
It made me sick. The terrible fucking music, the boring gameplay that consisted of going round town tagging walls before having a race with some dickstick and... thats it. I actually got migraines from playing it.

Joseph McConnell

Jan 14, 2012
*jokingly* Ya'll young whipper snappers don't know what's bad... ET for Atari 2600... That was like the Father of all bad video games. It was so bad Atari buried a bunch of em. :)