You're thrown into a war... what role do you play?

saucecode

Jul 30, 2011
So I was playing Battlefield 3 with some friends, and i came to realise that the classes we played really reflected what our prefered job in a real war would be. One of them takes to the skies, the other supplies us with ammo, etc.

So anyway, You're thrown into a war... what role do you play?

For me, either Medic. I think it would feel amazing to preserve life in a time of death and destruction. I'd also do EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal). I like bombs alot, and I like the pressure, the whole "working in a deadly situation" kinda excites me.

So... you?

thousandthson

Mar 27, 2011
I would be a sniper as its fun picking off the enemies leaders and leaving them in confusion and disarray.

EDIT: and I would also be the slightly psychotic one :D

BelfastSpartan

Oct 5, 2010
Recon sniper.....why run around as cannon fodder when you can hide in a bush and drill people from a mile away without being seen?

Tankie........as above why run around getting shot at when you can sit safely in a challenger 2 and blow the living shit out of everything!

Helicopter pilot.......as above again except you can sit in an apache gunship and blow the living shit out of everything!

So essentially I want to kill things in relative safety while causing the maximum possible damage I can.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
I'll be the guy who enjoys killing too much. if I'm lucky I'll get my legs blown off and become a crazy war veteran in a wheel chair. but they'd better not touch my fucking arms. I need those to play video games.

WeaponisedCookie

Nov 24, 2011
I'll just service damaged aircraft. Well, SOMEONE has to do it right? It does have the added bonus of being away from the enemy.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
I actually have a position assigned for me in case of war (which isn't going to happen, I'm sure) and that's a clerk in the airforce. (I'll kill you with my paperwork and Excel tables!)

Strangely enough, I never play a clerk in any military shooters. Well, I don't really play that many shooters anyway. But when I do, I usually play a sniper, or the guy who runs up close with a shotgun.

cwright7

Sep 6, 2011
Considering the fact that Im an actual soldier, Id have to say that 90% of people thrown into a warzone would cower in the fetal position and urinate on themselves.

But back on topic, Id say a Driver

To all my other men and women in arms !Happy Turkey Day!

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
Hmm the last time one of my family went to war was WW1 my grandpa was the guy that stood at the back of the charge and shot people on his own side that were running away or refusing to move, he did come back with some issues though so maybe a change is in order.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
Spy, in my fantasy world seeing as I don't know another language. More likely some sort of infantry man. Maybe something involving pushing buttons miles away from any fighting, at least that's more detached.