Youtube is now removing the dislike feature

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm thinking of an actual relative from this era who may have seen one too many youtube videos from people afraid the jews drink baby spine fluid and thinks naziism is a recourse to that, which I think is the more likely sort of "nazi" you will be encountering, and those people you can definitely talk to. Not saying it'll work but if you just kick em out then the only door open left to them will be the baby spine fluid one.
Okay, really stupid Nazi. Does not excuse acting like an asshole and treating people of different races or religions as sb-human or lesser beings. They can fuck off and get an ass whooping, if they try to harm innocents for petty and evil reasons.

Just as how they have to make that choice, you have to make the choice of whether you love that person more than you care about politics, and I dunno but I'm a very loyal person so if I'm someone's friend I would never just toss em aside the moment they said something insane. In fact most people have something in their head I deem insane, so if that was my criteria I'd have to become a hermit lol. You can just adapt to your friends and learn to coexist peacefully in a way that is comfortable to you.

If the people around you are 100% in the same wavelength as you are and agree with you on everything you don't call that friendship, you call that a facade. That just means either nobody's being honest or real, or you're all in a cult.
Congratulations, that is how the KKK, Nazis, and Neo-Nazis operate. Standard M.O. They are a cult. All you're doing is being an apologist for them right now. I have no sympathy for uncaring assholes like them. So don't expect me to cry for them, nor act like they're tragic figures. They know what they're doing is wrong, they just don't care. Hurting and killing those that are different, and trying to poison the influence of kids and teens to be obedient guard dogs swallowing orders barked at them. You have without a doubt, the most tone deaf post I have ever seen. Don't even bother responding back, I won't be listening. Deal with it.

Also, punch Nazis in the face!

Last edited:
Reactions: Buyetyen

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
You can view it with a google chrome extension, but now fewer people are disliking the video as a whole, so it's less accurate.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
That's such a bougie answer, suing everybody.
No that's just the civilized answer. We have a system of laws and we have recourse for when someone does something evil through the system. The alternative is just shooting people, which is what we call vigilantism when it is those nazis doing it.

Don't forget, this doesn't apply only to us, it applies to everyone, and if you want fewer people being shot by nazis establishing and strengthening a system where you take out your affronts through suing people is vastly preferable.

Congratulations, that is how the KKK, Nazis, and Neo-Nazis operate. Standard M.O. They are a cult. All you're doing is being an apologist for them right now. I have no sympathy for uncaring assholes like them. So don't expect me to cry for them, nor act like they're tragic figures. They know what they're doing is wrong, they just don't care. Hurting and killing those that are different, and trying to poison the influence of kids and teens to be obedient guard dogs swallowing orders barked at them. You have without a doubt, the most tone deaf post I have ever seen. Don't even bother responding back, I won't be listening. Deal with it.

Also, punch Nazis in the face!

I never said you have to cry for them or that they're tragic, we're discussing how to deal with someone in your house spouting rhetoric you politically disagree with. Assuming they didn't break in to speak to you and that you are somewhat cordial with them and invited them there and before doing this they were cool with you, I think it is insane to just instantly overreact like a maniac the moment they say something. You don't have to agree with what your friend is saying to be a friend to them and just talk em out of it.

I think people are picturing a cartoony caricature of an insane brainwashed twitter troll and not a slightly dumb and weird cousin or something who is just being edgy to be edgy and needs a few words of wisdom.

Like I'll give you an example, some years back I ran fighting game skype group, and out of the members there there was this one kid from some arab country, I think Quatar, and they have very weird views on women and jews there, their schools are segregated and in religion class they teach that jews are evil etc., and I could just like...yell at the kid (he was like 16 I think) or tell him off about it, but I just explained to him how we think of those issues here and how for example in my upbringing religious class was just teaching all the myths folks believe in and not talking about which one is better and which is evil, stuff like that. And he eventually opened up that he just thought girls are weird, which I guess is normal for a sheltered 16 year old to think, at which point I told him to just use his own mind and not listen to what other people are telling him, to treat em like how he thinks is right.

Now I dunno how that ended up affecting him, if at all, but this is kinda how you have to be with people who have weird opinions on issues. Yelling at em just calcifies their views.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwak

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I never said you have to cry for them or that they're tragic, we're discussing how to deal with someone in your house spouting rhetoric you politically disagree with.
Could have fooled me with the way worded it. The whole you'll be just like them or like a cult bullshit says otherwise. Be clearer next time.

Assuming they didn't break in to speak to you and that you are somewhat cordial with them and invited them there and before doing this they were cool with you, I think it is insane to just instantly overreact like a maniac the moment they say something. You don't have to agree with what your friend is saying to be a friend to them and just talk em out of it.
I've met and been around people who had different idelogies without being complete and total dicks. I ain't inviting someone to my home who's ideals line up with Nazis or the KKK. I want them the fuck far away as possible from me and my loved ones. And they ain't my fucking friend.

I think people are picturing a cartoony caricature of an insane brainwashed twitter troll and not a slightly dumb and weird cousin or something who is just being edgy to be edgy and needs a few words of wisdom.
I am not picturing a cartoony character. Don't ever speak for me or put words in my mouth. You do not know shit about me. A lot of these jackasses and assholes are not cartoon characters. They're assholes with real problems, going around blaming those different from them, because of their own failings in life. Or believing they can be with the rich at top by hurting and killing the poor, gay, trans, or those of not the same skin color/religion.

Like I'll give you an example, some years back I ran fighting game skype group, and out of the members there there was this one kid from some arab country, I think Quatar, and they have very weird views on women and jews there, their schools are segregated and in religion class they teach that jews are evil etc., and I could just like...yell at the kid (he was like 16 I think) or tell him off about it, but I just explained to him how we think of those issues here and how for example in my upbringing religious class was just teaching all the myths folks believe in and not talking about which one is better and which is evil, stuff like that. And he eventually opened up that he just thought girls are weird, which I guess is normal for a sheltered 16 year old to think, at which point I told him to just use his own mind and not listen to what other people are telling him, to treat em like how he thinks is right.
I am happy for you and glad you were able to have some effect on him, but the problem is most these assholes never wanna listen until they get hit personally, or start losing something they care about. The hardcore Trump supporters, KKK, Nazis, etc. They don't care. It does not matter if you yell or not; you can be the most calm and reasonable, and they will either ignore, double down, or extend the goal post so far, that it might as well go past Pluto.

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
No that's just the civilized answer. We have a system of laws and we have recourse for when someone does something evil through the system. The alternative is just shooting people, which is what we call vigilantism when it is those nazis doing it.
So I am supposed to sue Nazis. On what charges and with what money?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So I am supposed to sue Nazis. On what charges and with what money?
You sue em based on whatever horrible thing you were referencing them doing in your house over dinner. You weren't specific enough so I have no idea what you were describing.

If it's not an affront worth the expense to have resolved, then it can't be that bad that it's worth suing over. We already have an over-litigious society to begin with.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Again, that's a bougie answer.
You say this as if it's an argument.

Society's goal, at least supposedly, is to make everyone a bougie at the heart of it. The debate is how to get there lol.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You say this as if it's an argument.

Society's goal, at least supposedly, is to make everyone a bougie at the heart of it. The debate is how to get there lol.
I would disagree. Society is (supposedly) helping people attain more money than what they got previously.

Bougie is a change in attitude that is different from a working or middle class attitude. I wouldn't even relate money to it - see Hyacinth Bucket. I do NOT want anyone to become bougie. It would not be good for anyone

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Given that you have repeatedly defended people who just went out and shot others on their own whim, the stench of hypocrisy wafting around this comment is particularly noxious.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Lmao, defending the hypothetical Thanksgiving-ruining racist uncle, hilarious

Meanwhile, family gatherings got much better once uncle Jim fucked off to his boat and his repressed kids started coming out of their shells

Like, sure: on a corporate level this YouTube decision is supposed to help marketing and as a harmful side effect it's going to protect clickbait, but it's also going to prevent nerd tantrums being bragged about, so that's neat

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Given that you have repeatedly defended people who just went out and shot others on their own whim, the stench of hypocrisy wafting around this comment is particularly noxious.
Vigilantes are a necessary evil, not something I think of as good, but sometimes it ends up being necessary. At the same time it'd be ideal to strive for a world that doesn't need them. I don't see any hypocrisy in this stance.

In any case, how are people who support shooting nazis but claim vigilantes are always evil not hypocrites but I am? Because they target people we've dehumanized enough to allow for shooting them in the face? Well, congrats on the irony right there cause that's the thing we dislike nazis for doing to others.

I would disagree. Society is (supposedly) helping people attain more money than what they got previously.

Bougie is a change in attitude that is different from a working or middle class attitude. I wouldn't even relate money to it - see Hyacinth Bucket. I do NOT want anyone to become bougie. It would not be good for anyone
I think you just mean elitist or something along those lines. I don't see the need to link having grace and manners to elitism.

But either way with prosperity and advances people live less desperate lives and ideally they should be distanced from the tedium and pain of middle or low class existence respectively. I again don't see any contradiction or negatives that stems from it.

The only issue is when such rise in some inadvertently ends up preventing others from achieving the same. If we fix that then it's all fine.

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
In any case, how are people who support shooting nazis but claim vigilantes are always evil not hypocrites but I am?
I just don't think you should be allowed to forget the weeks and many posts you spent trying to prove Ahmed Arbery was rightfully blown away by honest citizens defending their community, because I don't think you have ever admitted that might have been a lapse of judgement on your part.

And given that, you have no business criticising anyone for what they say about inflicting violence on Nazis.