YouTuber Angry Joe Says He's Done Reviewing Nintendo Games

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
I suggest you do RELEARN certain types of expression. As is right now... you are comically missing the point.

Nintendo's fanbase is actually smaller then World of Tanks's fanbase. By a VERY big margin. Considering WG's ability to lie like a pro with their money and the fact that they have their own bank, skyscraper and fleet of military vehicles AND a space program (a video game developer...) I dare say they might even make more money.

Some of these games are 15 years old and still have competition. Still have their own festivals. Their community content STILL sets records (250 000 unique downloads in a day for a simple mod for a 7 year old game). The books on the games get actual awards and the books the games were based on are classics of their genres :p
In your strange world probably the Strugatsky's and Andrzej are also unknown...

The entire argument, was that Nintendo is SLOWLY damaging their (earlier) near spotless reputation. That they have no idea what they are doing and that this will bite them years from now.

As I said, there is a reason why companies that can buy Nintendo's collective organs and their family's organs still do advertise. Still try to engage community work. Cause they are smarter in this case.

As for the Weabos, well I try not to enter such .... circles at all.
Once I saw this:
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Anime_vs_Cartoon

And had the bad luck to see some terrible stuff in YT comments... and people like Movie Bob that slobber all over Nintendo... so that shaped my world view.
Did you know there is some unfounded elitism from Western Tank fans AGAINST Russian armor? Now you do... I just hope to God they never get to see how wrong they are...
You're not being completely honest there. I thought Witcher books came out before the games? If so than it isn't comparable to other games that later get books like Halo and the like.

Did I say Nintendo shouldn't advertise? Its good business to do so yes, however they are not so irrelevant like some companies to simply disappear if they were to actually stop be it through no longer advertising or shutting down.

I'm sorry but are you referring to the article itself which I didn't read fully but seems to be trying to be a factual comparison of the two which is perfectly fine... or the facebook comments? If its the comments than you open one hell of a can of worms. I could fetch with little issue youtube comments that'd make "you look bad" by association... the point is pointing at comments is evidence of nothing as you'll have to do better than that to highlight a problem.

I am aware of the whole tank thing actually.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
Yes they have been 20 years before the games. Wikipedia is your friend mate.
I am not talking ABOUT those books though... is it not OBVIOUS?
Here is a small example:
http://litstalker.ru/index.php?option=com_books&view=books&Itemid=55

It is good bussiness to advertise. As is, the best advertisement money can buy is through YouTube celebrities.

The article itself is dog shit. The one I linked. So are its comments.

I am surprised you are aware of the tank thing.
That would require some unbiased knowledge on tanks... and the way different militaries work.
I don't need to go to wikipedia for something I know and you have yourself told me before.
What awards did those Stalker books get exacttly?

I wouldn't say that. Many types of games do not lend themselves well to lets plays and they don't need youtubers to be featured in reviewers as you know... review sites exist.

Your point? I saw nothing completely outrageous from the little I read, and the comments are facebook comments. I could whip out some comments saying outrageous things whenever you argue something... it'd mean nothing.

Why would I be biased over tanks or military?

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
Science Fiction awards for local or emergent authors.
So such an amount of dedicated, fan-made literature, festivals and generally being a great game whose MODS alone eclipse many other titles... are nothing? Pushing technology in a way it has not been before (or since), creating an entire world, trying to honor one of the worst disasters in human history and some of the greatest works of literature ever made ... is weak ?
I... am speechless...

I dont watch Lets Plays for the games. I dont watch reviews (reasons for that are admittedly, "elitist", no need to go there). The VERY few times I watch Lets Plays... those are of usually VERY skilled players and for games I already play.
But the only reason I even KNOW some of the Wii U games were not due to some ... reviewer... but due to LPers or communities.

FFS, I visit this site and I even LEARNED of a Wii U existing 1 year AFTER it came out... that is shit marketing right there.

I saw, what can best be described, as uninformed gibberish and stupidity. Comparing two equal things and making one come out on top... is an exercise in stupidity IMHO.
I dont even check the comments...

Because MANY people ARE biased. Just the other day I had some stupid British tank fanboy start talking shit about Smoothbore and Rifled cannons...
How stupid the rest of the world is and how glorious British rifled cannons are... and when I requested a source (for example the Chinese weapon tests of 2014) he could produce nothing...
Then he went on to badmouth the American Abrams and said it was destroyed by a T-34-85!!@#$!$*R**???
No source, of coarse, cause his friend who was in the US armed forces told him that... WTF...
And he then said HEAT was an anti-infantry round... I could not recover from that.
We are talking the difference between a superstar and a jobber here. You talk of reputation and who has done "more". Nintendo has not whatever jobber you bring up. There is a saying "He broke 6,000 guitars, and never drew a dime".
I'll actually try to explain this one in the context. Jarrett who that saying is about was a guy who was often given chances to become a main eventer so he was given prominent roles, and in his matches he'd often nail someone with his guitar (which means there is an investment as giving people constant props == money spent)... and no one cared. Don't get it wrong Jarret was a fine mid carder and I actually believe he is actually underrated by some... but the man does not simply have it in him to be the best of the best.

Now in our context here. They can develop 6000 technologies (the guitars), but it matters for all of 0 if they don't draw. In name, in quality, in execution, and longevity Nintendo has them beat no question.
Don't get it wrong they can be good low carders and maybe even a mid carder... but main event? No chance not that there is anything wrong with that. Many of my favourite guys are mid carders and even jobbers.

... What. Like I've not bothered to fully read it because its really not all that important but even though "Vs" is in the title it doesn't seem to actually be a "what is best" article. Its saying differences between western and eastern animation...

I see. I have nothing to do with those people obviously.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
Due to a thing called "Cold War" these developers I am talking about started existing WAAAAAY after Nintendo.

To make it clearer to you, in the time they have been making games ALONG with Nintendo... eh... you know how my comparison will end.

Wrestling =/= gaming companies. It aint.
Cause by your... strange logic (as I understand it), then Nintendo and all of gaming is just some little side-show. A freak show in comparison to both Literature and the real world.
How dare you even compare classics of Fiction and Fantasy to what a bunch of amateurs working in a circus made?
How dare you compare real events to some try-hard pseudo art form?

Or if its for some surreal show or something... how can you compare Nintendo to Wargaming?
The EU server of WoT alone has more people on it per day then Nintendo's new games will see in their lifetime... and that aint the biggest server. It is not even close, comparing a game that alone compares with Xbox Live and PSN (all of them) to the Wii U and 3DS :p

You cant compare an entire region of the world to a single entity... that dont work :p... and is kinda disrespectful :p

Now this is ONLY if I follow what I think is your logic.

These companies still exist though. And are newer then Ninty, hence the strange comparisons.

Having a lot of resources and getting humiliated on all technological fronts is not good performance IMO :p . Nintendo beats only WarGaming in Technology... which is sad...

Differences only a noob that has watched neither would list like that... also, grading :p...

I hope not. These morons are a plague... and the Rifled British guns are great... just not the end all be all...
Cold war? Nintendo was founded in 1889... though I don't see what age has to do with it. Sony itself isn't exactly the oldest competitor around yet have been undisputed world champion among many other things. EDIT: Whoops read what you said wrong. Well what I'm saying still stands really. Young or no the likes of Sony (face) were able to go over the than heel Nintendo and win the strap... why can't your mentioned companies? What notable feuds have they even won? I know some of their signature moves but those moves simply aren't the killer moves Nintendo has (not to mention Nintendo has loads of signatures).

I'll have you know that professional wrestling is an artform. Deny it and you open yourself up to people questioning gaming's own artform status. Also I can actually refer to any situation in a wrestling context... its actually quite easy and fun too.

I'm not. I'm comparing individuals while you keep assuming I'm talking of the entitirty all at once. I don't believe any there individually can compare to Nintendo... but than again no one really can in this business. Not a bad thing to be worse than the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

You're stretching so much you're getting a little bit taller each time. World of Tanks gives out tickets to the shows they feature on for free to look more of a draw than they are. They can come back when they can not only only make someone shell out for a expensive ticket, but also for merch that can be worth 10x the cost of the ticket.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
All these gaming companies in Eastern Europe came to be after the "end" of the Cold War. Fact.
Nintendo started making gaming shit in.

"I'll have you know that professional wrestling is an artform. Deny it and you open yourself up to people questioning gaming's own artform status. Also I can actually refer to any situation in a wrestling context... its actually quite easy and fun too. "

You cant be for real?
Is English REALLY your native and only language?
I.. cant even... where did I question wrestling's status?

No. Not everything can be examined in a single context. It may be fun (for you, I dont understand you very well) but... uhm... No.

"there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

I sure as hell hope not. Cause that is bad news for gaming...
So the equivalent of Homer (as most recent possible literary example I can somewhat associate Nintendo with) ... is the end all be all of gaming?
What? This is INSANE.

"You're stretching so much you're getting a little bit taller each time. World of Tanks gives out tickets to the shows they feature on for free to look more of a draw than they are. "

Doesnt matter. Money and popularity talk. The difference ... is so big it is not even funny.

"I'm not. I'm comparing individuals while you keep assuming I'm talking of the entitirty all at once."

I did not compare individuals. Else I would do Sony or MS vs Nintendo as they are the most applicable contestants.
I talked about a region filled with smaller (on average, WarGaming is an anomaly) developers with insane ambitions whose works carry the spirit of modern or semi-modern but proven literature as their spirit and basis.

"They can come back when they can not only only make someone shell out for a expensive ticket, but also for merch that can be worth 10x the cost of the ticket."

They make people shell out a lot more the Nintendo in the long run. The NA server is their biggest milk cow (sad). And their game... is no lesser then any recent Nintendo game (gameplay-wise, as it has no story duh). With an actual competitive scene and a VERY high skill ceiling :p.

Why dont you give it a try btw?
Charcharo said:
Right there so I'll be expecting an apology for firstly saying that it wasn't one, and secondly for insulting my understanding of the English language.

It was a wrestling reference. Also no I don't think any company will ever dominate on the level Nintendo did.

Again trying to cook the books to fit your agenda. If they were so damn good they wouldn't have to give out free tickets all the time. Nintendo can make people pay for the tickets and far more. That is far better... also popularity is insane? Perhaps in the other direction you're thinking. Nintendo is global mainstream name, to some people gaming is still "a Nintendo"... you can argue that some jobber is more popular but... bloody hell why would someone do that.

You pay to see Nintendo, they give you tickets for free to see them... come on now.

Much too busy I'm afraid. With work, watching my programs, going out, and as much gaming as I can squeeze in... I really can't do much. Currently playing Demon Gaze (my "travel" game) and Bloodborne.

onard

Apr 8, 2015
Charcharo said:
And right now, LPers COUNT. A lot.
I dont pay Nintendo for anything.
You just contradicted yourself, you realize that?

There's countless Nintendo LPs on youtube and other media sites right now, from people who are doing it because they genuinely enjoy the game, and you still refuse to give money to Nintendo. So no, by your own closing statement, LPers count very little, otherwise you would be buying at least some Nintendo stuff by your own reasoning.

So you hate Nintendo with all your guts, we get it. Doesn't matter what their youtube/copyright policy is, you would still make up a reason to rant against them.

Again, Nintendo needs not pay corporate Joe to promote their games, plenty of other youtube channels doing that right now, and they show no signs to want to stop any time soon. Because they aren't corporate "I won't upload a video unless it brings easy money for my pocket" Joe.

EDIT: And as an extra, I'll point out that the most "succesful" games right now seem to be the ones who make massive marketing campaigns before releasing, so they get lots of pre-orders. Aka they sell lots before anyone had a chance to even do a LP, again invalidating your point that LPers matter that much when it comes to selling games.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
Read AGAIN. AGAIN.
And once more till you understand it. Cause you did not. At all. So try AGAIN.

No insult... but... damn it seems like it is true.

Nintendo is a global name RIGHT NOW and where YOU LIVE. Get it now? They are OK now, but what would the situation be 10 or 20 or 30 years from now?
FFS, you think many people here KNOW what the $%^& a "Nintendo" is? Yet they know what a "WoT" is...

You see, you have ONE point of worldview. Incomplete one. I have another. That is FINE. The problem is that Nintendo, with their stupid shit, will slowly but surely start falling into being obsolete. That is the problem. The public opinion DOES change. And right now, LPers COUNT. A lot.
That is a campaign money CAN NOT buy. That is BEYOND what the (large) budget of Nintendo can buy... though considering how much I know about their new titles and consoles, id say their marketing is terrible as is right now...

I dont pay Nintendo for anything.
Yeah why don't you calm yourself down before you hurt yourself. You can't it a pseudo artform. That is an insult as you are telling me that its a false artform.

Yeah yeah WOT is known more than Nintendo I'm sure. Household name Nintendo, yup. Get a grip. As I said in 50 years time Nintendo will still be a legend (thus known), jobbers won't be known because... they aren't the real stars.

It doesn't matter how incompetent Nintendo were to act from now on. Just like with the earlier example I gave you of Hulk Hogan they will be known, and they will be loved.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
I DID NOT CALL it a PSEUDO art form...

Yes. Here WoT is, at this point in time, more well known then Nintendo. More popular. The ONLY game with advertisement. And a MORE popular and more well known game then anything Nintendo has done in the past 16 years (age of Wargaming). It is THAT simple
In 50 years Nintendo might not exist... that is what we are ARGUING.... cause of BAD business practice... due to outdated views. Mostly.

They will be known. The love for them is, steadily loosening. Also, same way that "super stars" of their day have been outpaced (Homer for a simple example) and there are "more" popular ones now. More "well known". More "loved".

Calling them the greatest of all time in an art form that is 50 years old... is stupid.
Charcharo said:
Come on now its there for everyone to see.

... Delusion. WoT is not a bigger name than Nintendo in this world or the next.

No star at the level of Nintendo has yet to fall like that.

It was a wrestling reference to Bret Hart. Though its true in that I can't see any company being on top like Nintendo have and having the sheer longevity they have had. In terms of being a legend... no I don't think they will ever be equaled.
You seem to believe that in regards to some talk you can become a legend simply by developing some tech... no that isn't how it works. All that does is it guarantees you'll be a footnote a couple of people will read at some point, it won't make you a true superstar.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
Read AGAIN. AGAIN.
And once more till you understand it. Cause you did not. At all. So try AGAIN. Until you do. It is SIMPLE to understand. Please, try again.

Yes. Here in Bulgaria and probably most of Eastern Europe, it *IS* a bigger name :). Right NOW.

I dont know who Bret Hart is. The only thing I know of Hulk Hogan is that he was on ERB. Nothing more.

The fact that you cant see means nothing. At all.
People did not think the Roman Empire would fall. Yet it did.

Probably no one ever thought a person "greater" then Aristotle or Homer will come in their respective fields. Arguably, many "greater" have come.

I think you hate technology or something...
Charcharo said:
Wrestling =/= gaming companies. It aint.
Cause by your... strange logic (as I understand it), then Nintendo and all of gaming is just some little side-show. A freak show in comparison to both Literature and the real world.
How dare you even compare classics of Fiction and Fantasy to what a bunch of amateurs working in a circus made?
Yeah keep denying it when it is right there for the world to see. Don't try to explain what you supposedly said either just keep saying "stupid stupid stupid"... which by the way is another wrestling reference hehehe.

That all you've got left? Plenty of things are unknowns in X countries... means all of zero. You're on here trying to make WoT developers as out to be some grand old thing, more credible than Nintendo... they ain't. They and you by extension by arguing this are jokes if you really believe the greatest performer of this or any era is less well know or worse than a performer. There is no argument here, Nintendo is a legend they are not. Doesn't matter how many technical moves they invented, doesn't matter how many arena's they filled with free tickets... doesn't even matter even if they are so much more popular in Bulgaria as this is a global business friend.

Yet the Roman Empire is so long after still talked about heavily, a true GOAT. That is what Nintendo is, a GOAT (Greatest of all time). Even if they fall they will be remembered for all time, your favourite performers will not. They will fall into obscurity like all the other jobbers.

This business isn't about how many technical moves you can invent or do. They can have the best shooting star presses in the business for all that matters... if you're a jobber it doesn't matter.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
Fine...

"How dare you even compare classics of Fiction and Fantasy" = reference to Brothers Strugacky and Andrzej Sapkowski (among others).
" what a bunch of amateurs working in a circus made?" = demeaning reference to gaming AND nintendo.

"How dare you compare real events" = reference to the Chernobyl disaster.
"some try-hard pseudo art form?" = demeaning reference to gaming AND Nintendo.

Get it now? Wrestling is NOT on my mind. Never was. Your references dont work here. Neither does your slang.

WarGaming, for all they have accomplished, for doing more good then Nintendo(recently) and for making more money then Nintendo and a game more popular then all of Nintendo's current products combined (that is global btw...), are also YOUNGER then Nintendo.
Ask again in 30 years. You may be right or wrong then. In retrospect. As that is how things are viewed.
They do their business, right now, much better then Nintendo right now.
That is what companies do. Make money and survive. If Nintendo cant do that right now, then their current form is BAD. Nothing more need be said. That is the ARGUMENT here. The rest is your fanboying over them :p...

How can you be a GOAT when the British Empire IS the GOAT? If that is how you see these things... how can we have 2 GOATs???

So Homer is not a GOAT I guess. You agree it seems. He seemed like GOAT at the time, now he aint...

"This business isn't about how many technical moves you can invent or do. They can have the best shooting star presses in the business for all that matters... if you're a jobber it doesn't matter."

It is to illustrate that for all the money they have, they are technically, objectively inferior. WHICH IS SAD!
Also, WarGaming is LESSER then Nintendo technologically... which is EVEN sadder.

I expect AAA "legendary" developers to be technological Gods. Not seem like a bunch of low ambition noobs that cant equal indie developers.
You think I attack only Nintendo on this? FFS, most AAA drivel is like that. Which is sad. For gaming.
... Really. So instead of attacking wrestling you were actually attacking gaming? Actually makes you come off worse considering some of the things you've said in the past. No, like with Professional Wrestling gaming is not a pseudo art form.

Yet they are still less known, and again have to give out tickets for free... would they have those numbers if people had to pay 60 bucks for it first?

You can actually have many GOATs.

You keep trying to downplay Nintendo but again the reality is that Nintendo will like the Roman Empire and all that live on forever in people's minds. What you keep trying to push as greater is a passing fancy, a footnote at best.

Once again however many technical moves you have matters for zero. The Rock could get bigger pops than people doing the craziest moves possible... with a simple elbow drop. Nintendo even hitting mere "elbow drops" are better performers than the vanilla midgets you're pushing here.

And again. Being a main eventer does not mean you should have this huge varied technical moveset. In terms of moveset all people will latch on ultimately is the "five moves of doom". Take Cena someone often attacked for his five moves of doom... these people leave out that he has more moves than that... moves I like to refer to as the Cena Dropkick, Cena Legdrop, Cenaranna, Cena Bomb, and his newly added move the Cena Stunner. Nintendo also have their moves of doom that every knows... they have more than that of course though the haters would never admit it.