"You've never seen ______? Are you serious?!"

Gamurga

Sep 4, 2009
Skarecrow13 said:
So, she likes to mess with them by showing them things they would not only never see on their own, but also that they probably aren't prepared for in a movie going experience. Like using the 80's as an excuse to talk about foreign film, and then showing them Tetsuo: The Iron Man in class. HA! I love her so.
I cant believe a teacher showed Tetsuo in school. That's irresponsible and... well, it's awesome.

I once saw an episode of the german "Who wants to be a millionare" and a young guy, maybe 25-30 years old, failed at a very early questions. Now brace yourselfs: the question was something like "What was the name of the charismatic smuggler in the original Star Wars trilogy?". He had no clue at all and I was baffled.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Growing up, I never watched Disney films. And now I hate Disney and everything they stand for.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I haven't seen 2001: A Space Odyssey properly as in I seen clips but not the full film itself. I also haven't watch Casablanca, Citizen Cane, Goodfellas, The Day the Earth Stood Still and Spartacus (I just picking out from this classic films list site).

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009

"You ain't seen Bad Boys II?"

The first thing that came to my mind, really.

OT: A friend of mine refuses to watch any 'cult classic' films. This includes The Matrix, Airplane!, Wizard of Oz for some bizarre reason, any of the Star Wars films, Fight Club and the list goes on. I can't help but wonder why...

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Gabanuka said:
Princess Bride. Seriously, see that move now! I can wait.
best, movie, EVAR!! there been on time that's been on that i knew about i didn't wanna watch it

any one remember Snatch? John Q? or how about Unforgiven?

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Guess I'm guilty of knowing only few classic movies and games or books, but I don't really feel guilty. I don't even feel like being much of a "culture ignorant" despite not consuming much of the new stuff either. I gather my bits from the internet and don't feel like I miss something, no matter how often people without arguments tell me I *have* to watch something - which of course takes out much of the fun to begin with and watching it becomes a subconscious game of finding the most plotholes and other faults.

Rage-inducing list of stuff I haven't seen which is based on this thread's comments, go!
Fight Club, Old Boy, Pulp Fiction, Clockwork Orange, Godfather, Scarface, Titanic, Terminator, Transformers/Spiderman/Batman/Iron Man/Fantastic Four/X-Men, Kill Bill, Avatar, Borat, The Usual Suspects, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Citizen Kane, The Princess Bride, Monty Python, American Pie, Dawn of the Dead, Saw, Psycho, Aliens, Aliens VS Predator, Jurassic Park, Toy Story 2/3, Doctor Who, Wizard of Oz, Schindler's Liste, The Exorcist, Robocop, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, Casablanca, Die Hard, ET, James Bond, Jaws, King Kong, Princess Mononoke, Indiana Jones, Saving Private Ryan, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, City of God, An Inconvenient Truth, Ben-Hur, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Bad Taste, Apocalypse Now, Willy Wonka, Scott Pilgrim, Avatar, Borat, Shaun of the Dead, Ghost Busters, Bad Boys, Goodfellas, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Spartacus, Troja, Firefly, Police Academy.
...and I only have a general idea of the original Star Wars, Forrest Gump and LotR left.

I still enjoy the Nostalgia Critic tho.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
I get this all the time at work. The blank stare, the disbelieving hesitation, then: "What, you've never seen 'Baseketball'/'American Pie 2'/other brainless tosh".
To which I feel like replying, "Yeah, but you've never seen 'Ugetsu Monogatari'/'Tetsuo'/'The Asthenic Syndrome'", in my best snobbish voice. And I know the guy saying this has never seen any of The Godfather films...

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Oh this is going to be fun, I have a friend who has totally DEVOID of anything awesome. The list is as follows:
Aliens
Predator
Jurassic Park
Psycho <----(favorite movie of all time)
Back to the Future
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
The Jungle Book
The Matrix
Fight Club
The Princess Bride
and...
any episodes of Dragon Ball Z (I know its not a movie but still :O)

Beat that other commenters!!! :p

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
The only movie you mentioned in the original post I've seen is Fight Club (great movie), but your title brings up an interesting topic: "You've never seen ______? Are you serious?!"

Does anyone else hate when people ask that question? No, I'm not serious, I felt like lying to you about what ever it was you couldn't believe I hadn't seen/watched/played. That's obviously the most likely reasoning behind my answer.

Also, in questioning the OT, does it matter? I mean, I'm getting into movies more lately, but they're not necessary. Hell, I hate pop culture. Not knowing a thing about celebrities is a good thing, not a hindrance. Actually caring about what these wacky TV people do just feeds fuel. That being said, there are movies out there people really should see, but still, it's not vital for survival; it's merely... pleasure.

MetalLegs012

Feb 12, 2010
It absolutely BAFFLES me when people say they haven't seen Star Wars. How could you live on Earth and not have see Star Wars? Seriously.

YoungZer0

Nov 28, 2007
LadyMint said:
I have never seen Fight Club and have no real desire to. Pulp Fiction, yes I've seen that, but I don't find it interesting at all. It was "great" at one point, back when I was a teenager and giggled at things I didn't understand, but now that I've gotten older I find I don't like a lot of Tarantino's works. That's just how it goes, though.
Instead of saying "I have no desire watching it" you could state your reason.

To Topic: I only watched Pulp Fiction twice, i really didn't see what the fuzz was about it. The dialogs were funny, but overall i didn't find the characters or the plot that interesting.

I totally gasp when people tell me they haven't seen The Dark Knight.

MrShadowzs said:
I have a friend who has never seen the Wizard of Oz, SERIOUSLY IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE
That movie is old as fuck. Why would you want to watch it?

jaoblia

Jul 21, 2009
I go to a school where people quote Jersey Shore in a serious manner daily, a good chunk of people I know haven't seen ANYTHING beyond Scary Movie 4.

I don't usually hang out with those people for obvious reasons, but in terms of my closer freinds 3 of them still haven't watched Star Wars 1-4 and another of my freinds hadn't seen Tron until a day before we went to see the newer one.