Yup, this is my hell.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
EHKOS said:
Being blind. That's one of my worst fears.
Being deaf would be mine. I think I could get by without sight, but losing my hearing would be horrible for me. No longer being able to enjoy music is probably be the most depressing thing I can think of. Being blind would be terrible, too, but deafness would be a whole other level.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
My personal hell would be getting trapped on a space station or satellite on a spiral orbit into a black hole with no chance of rescue. Either the relentless solitude would get to me, or the knowledge of the inevitability of my painful annihilation.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Being trapped in a pipe.

You know the scene in Aliens, where Bishop has to crawl through what looks like a mile of pipeline no wider than he is? I would go fucking insane in that case.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Dreadman75 said:
I hate spiders. I hate them, hate them, hate them. I don't even want to be in the same room as a spider I hate them so much.

So when me and my family went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, you can guess which part of the film I was looking forward to the least. As I sat there watching the dwarves get captured, envenomed, and finally cocooned by the giant eight-legged monsters I couldn't help but sit there and think "This is my hell. Right up there." Being alone in a dark forest, being stalked by giant spiders...I shudder just thinking about it.

So, my fellow escapists, what are your personal hells?
Geez, I hope you you weren't a fan of the Harry Potter movie franchise because The Chamber of Secrets film is enough to leave someone with your degree of arachnophobia comatose.

Anyway, my personal hell is essentially a zombie apocalypse because it is a plausible scenario that can happen and it would be an absolutely terrifying thing to experience. Another more likely hell is being paralyzed; I know it's not a cool thing to say, but I know that I would be completely distraught for a few years before I can even begin to move on with my life if such a scenario occured.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
username sucks said:
I think my personal hell is oblivion. To not have a mind anymore is a horrible concept to me. Even fear of insanity and torture don't come anywhere near the terror I feel when I think of the void that I believe comes after death.

As for a hell that has a bit more... substance to it, I would have to say social interaction without any breaks or privacy whatsoever. I enjoy talking with people and I don't have any trouble with it, but after about an hour of being with people I usually wan't nothing more than to take a break for a bit by myself.
I'm quite the opposite actually, a lot of the time oblivion seems like it would be quite peaceful, but then again I am such a wreck I suppose I've become a bit of a nihilist. The traditional idea of hell, endless physical and psychological torture which never ends, scares me more than the idea of non-existence. To be kind of a wreck in real life, and then simply move on to even greater pain and suffering because I failed by not being a good enough person? To me simply ceasing to exist is a pleasant prospect in comparison. But then again understand I am a Christian, so I do believe in hell in a literal sense.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Complete constant, happiness draining, mind dementing, enraging insanity. And this isn't some random thing I thought of. I've felt patches of it rarely throughout my life. It's THE worst emotion I have and, I'm sure, ever will feel in my entire life.

The Squid King

Jan 19, 2014
For my entire life to be a scripted TV show being watched by billions like an infinitely more boring version of The Truman Show (or Special Service for all of the Twilight Zone watching people out there). The idea really freaks me out

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
I dunno. Probably would involve bees and needles. The bees because I got stung as a kid. The needles... ech. Just the idea of a sharp metal tube stuck in you to either inject or remove fluid from your very veins makes my skin crawl.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
The void. Pure black nothingness. No light, no joy, no pain, no thoughts, no feelings. A real life example would be either the vacuum of deep space, or possibly death.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
theres so many. i see plenty of good answers like blindness. though worst would probably be dementia. retaining my mental stability is very important to me.

The Squid King said:
For my entire life to be a scripted TV show being watched by billions like an infinitely more boring version of The Truman Show (or Special Service for all of the Twilight Zone watching people out there). The idea really freaks me out
if someone watched me like a truman show i pity the people watching. they must be bored out of their head.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
I've always had a fear of mental hospitals. After learning about actual ones in real life, it makes me even more freaked out about them. Not so much the whole wearing-a-straight-jacket-in-a-rubber-room style fear, but more the fear of being stuck in a place away from everyone I love, surrounded by people of questionable sanity, being monitored 24/7 by doctors way. I've been told by friends who've experienced being in one that alot of the doctors don't really care about you, but rather them getting paid at the end of the day. I know this probably isn't the case for most doctors in that field, but from multiple stories from friends, the ones they encountered weren't exactly the nicest of people.

It'd be absolute, excruciating torture for me in that sort of environment. I wouldn't be able to cope with the level of change and having to live in the depravity and indignity of being treated like an animal. I'd never know who to trust in a place that insincerely says it's supposed to help you, yet has disturbing undercurrents of some facade - and you can't quite tell what it is. No thanks, I'll pass on that one lads.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Hmmmm...My personal nightmare would probably involve being chased around by people with enormous heads and gaping mouths, who constantly scream "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" while brandishing steak knives. Or maybe they have wavy tentacles for arms. Either would be pretty nasty.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Ever been stuck in an enclosed slide because some dickhead kid is blocking it at the bottom? That for eternity would be my personal hell.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Stuck on a raft in the middle of the sea. Gazing sun above me and who knows what below me, which is safe to assume everything that wants to eat me.

At least I can defend myself against spider in some manner when I am on land. I sure as hell hope there are no aquatic spiders, I dare not google it to prove myself wrong.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
TheRiddler said:
I dunno. Probably would involve bees and needles. The bees because I got stung as a kid. The needles... ech. Just the idea of a sharp metal tube stuck in you to either inject or remove fluid from your very veins makes my skin crawl.
What about injecting bees under your skin?

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
Finding out I was seriously diabetic. Life without sugar? Christ in heaven no.

In all honesty, it would probably be seriously hurting my partner, but then never being able to apologise, make it better, or leave for as long as I lived.

Nooh

Mar 31, 2011
Probably something to do with fire or just heat, which sounds like a stereotypical hell, but for the fact that I have a phobia for getting burnt. Not the normal "Oh, getting burnt hurts, I don't want that." but more of an extreme reaction to that, like when you can't handle an oven without your heart rate bumping up to at least 140. Being inside a box with scorching hot walls would also do the trick, just to throw some claustrophobia into the mix.

Captcha: "oh sigh" Come on, Captcha, that's just rude.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
EightGaugeHippo said:
Being locked in an Asylum with the Jurassic park flavour of velociraptors.
No thank you.
That was mine for a while after watching that film, until I remembered how slippy and derpy they were on a lot of surfaces. If they were bombing it after me on something grippy and carpeted, however, I would be deeply disturbed.