Yup, this is my hell.

Oct 10, 2011
Therumancer said:
I find it interesting that we both chose to believe that what comes after death is also what we fear most. Seems to say something about human nature, maybe?

Anyway, non-existence wouldn't be all that bad during the moment because I obviously wouldn't know any better, but it still scares me because it is impossible for me to imagine not having a mind. Normally when I lose consciousness it seems to be only an instant before I wake up, so it's just such an unknown that it terrifies me.

As for pain and torture, the worst pain I've ever been through physically was a broken ankle, so I guess intense pain is also an unknown to me. It still doesn't scare me so much to be in eternal torture, even though it seems like it should. I can definitely see where you're coming from, though.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Hero of Lime said:
Just a quick list:

Being blind.
Buried alive.
Homeless.
Spider party.
Living in a haunted house where ghosts constantly wake you up by screaming right next to your face.
Eternal loading screens.
Being in the middle of a large body of water where large, unidentifiable creatures are swimming beneath me.
Power outages.
Forced to play nothing but Superman 64 for the rest of my life.
Anything with giant squids.
Getting Cancer.
Eternal Summer.
A world where Christmas is cancelled.
Stuck in heavy traffic in 95 degree temperature without air conditioning.(which is called Summer in Southern California)
I read your list and fuck hell would be all those things happening at the same time.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
My personal hell would probably be becoming a blind quadriplegic. Not being able to move or see anything around you is the most frightening thing I can possibly imagine.
I'd go with this, except at least there'd be a level of peace.

My personal hell would be similar, I suppose, in that I'd be wheelchair bound. Quite frankly, it's hard to imagine anything more terrifying than the idea of living through the basic plot of Misery, by Stephen King.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
CrimsonBlaze said:
Dreadman75 said:
I hate spiders. I hate them, hate them, hate them. I don't even want to be in the same room as a spider I hate them so much.

So when me and my family went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, you can guess which part of the film I was looking forward to the least. As I sat there watching the dwarves get captured, envenomed, and finally cocooned by the giant eight-legged monsters I couldn't help but sit there and think "This is my hell. Right up there." Being alone in a dark forest, being stalked by giant spiders...I shudder just thinking about it.

So, my fellow escapists, what are your personal hells?
Geez, I hope you you weren't a fan of the Harry Potter movie franchise because The Chamber of Secrets film is enough to leave someone with your degree of arachnophobia comatose.

Anyway, my personal hell is essentially a zombie apocalypse because it is a plausible scenario that can happen and it would be an absolutely terrifying thing to experience. Another more likely hell is being paralyzed; I know it's not a cool thing to say, but I know that I would be completely distraught for a few years before I can even begin to move on with my life if such a scenario occured.
To be honest I did watch Chamber of Secrets a LONG time ago and I remember really not liking the scene with the spiders in that one either. But for me the scene in The Hobbit was worse, mostly because the effects used to bring the spiders to life looked a hell of a lot more realistic than the ones from CoS.

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
As someone who frequently lets spiders crawl around on his hands just to watch them closer, arachnophobes amuse me to no end.

As for your question, my idea of hell would probably be the loss of my sight, or losing the ability to walk. Those are the realistic ones, anyway - there's also getting my skin peeled off and having salt rubbed on my exposed flesh, but that, I hope, isn't at all likely to happen.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Hero of Lime said:
Spider party.
You mean like this?

As for me... Buried alive or drowning is really bad since its just a slow death. I mean just try holding your breath for as long as you can then when you can't, keep doing it.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
The Enquirer said:
Hero of Lime said:
Spider party.
You mean like this?

As for me... Buried alive or drowning is really bad since its just a slow death. I mean just try holding your breath for as long as you can then when you can't, keep doing it.
Please make it stop!!!! The only thing worse than real spiders are a bunch of non-threatening somewhat spider themed party favors and goody bags. :p

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Dreadman75 said:
I hate spiders. I hate them, hate them, hate them. I don't even want to be in the same room as a spider I hate them so much.

So when me and my family went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, you can guess which part of the film I was looking forward to the least. As I sat there watching the dwarves get captured, envenomed, and finally cocooned by the giant eight-legged monsters I couldn't help but sit there and think "This is my hell. Right up there." Being alone in a dark forest, being stalked by giant spiders...I shudder just thinking about it.

I guess you didn't watch much harry potters movies, considering they did it first and really the hobbit scene didnt seem as bad in comparison.

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
A bottom rung retail job, with no chance of promotion.

Honestly, as someone who seems to be wired up to consider 'Emperor of the Universe' to be a realistic life goal, the thought of a normal, low paying job is literally the most terrifying thing I can imagine. If this is where I end up, I really wonder if suicide might be a better option.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Hell? Uh. Honestly, probably just conventional hell. Like, I don't like torture, and I like eternal torture even less. Eternal torture I get for kissing dudes on the mouth just seems a bit much, you know? Maybe go for the newspaper next time, God, give me a few bops on the nose.

I don't like the idea of there being nothing at all after death, but it's far preferable to, say. Waking up and OH SHIT THERE'S A DEMON WITH A KNIFE MADE OF SOUL SPIDERS AND I'M ON FIRE AND MY CAGE IS MADE OF RAZOR TEETH.

Mar 30, 2010
I'm scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is my fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
Dreadman75 said:

Mine would be pretty much the same thing except instead of spiders, it's bees, wasps and/or hornets. My mind goes haywire thinking about the situation of being surrounded by these flying buggers, getting all over ya stinging away with no mercy. This is what happens when you grow up in Western Australia where these bugs are everywhere :\

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Cold. Absolute, unrelenting cold and wind. -50 and you have nothing warm on, and somehow you won't die from it. And you're locked up in cold metal shackles so you can't move any part of your body to generate heat that way either. According to some sources Niflheim (Norse Hell) is supposed to be like this.

Ironically, I'm Canadian. But the cold always bothered me anyway. We're just having a very cold and long winter this year. :/

Mr_Universal

Jun 29, 2009
This my friend, is my hell.

Freaking bees man... Or basically anything that has wings and will fuck your shit up for no apparent reason..

Would probably say Wasps are the worst though... they are just pure evil with wings...

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
Stuck in a cave system in passages barely big enough for my body to fit through searching for an exit.

I used to work construction and had to crawl into some tight dark spaces and it always took a lot out of me not to have a panic attack; it wasn't dangerous but I got stuck a few times.

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
Being abducted by giant aliens and forced to live as a toy for one of them. Not a person, not even a pet, but a toy. You are less than a slave. If you manage to escape, you will be stuck on a planet of aliens with no hope of returning home. I think this sprung from one Courage the Cowardly Dog episode in which a giant alien girl lost her pet worm and kidnapped Courage. I wasn't scared by Courage the Cowardly Dog episodes, unlike most people, but that episode seems to have affected me.