Zack Snyder’s Justice League

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Considering my opinion of Zack Snyder can be best summed up by "missing the goddamned point", I *really* want the Fountainhead movie listed on IMDB to be a real thing. He might accidentally make it watchable.

Like ol' J.J., Snyder isn't as clever as he thinks he is.

EDIT: I want Ian Worthikids to get a superhero movie. They made Clowns vs Vampires badass and cape movies need that kind of energy.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Considering my opinion of Zack Snyder can be best summed up by "missing the goddamned point", I *really* want the Fountainhead movie listed on IMDB to be a real thing. He might accidentally make it watchable.

Like ol' J.J., Snyder isn't as clever as he thinks he is.

EDIT: I want Ian Worthikids to get a superhero movie. They made Clowns vs Vampires badass and cape movies need that kind of energy.
Lobo. Give that mad fucking genius Lobo.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Because they should have made them good the first time. I don't like the idea of a studio double dipping by making a bad version and then "fixing" it and getting people to pay to see it twice and then expecting to be praised for "listening to the fans."
I can see how it could be abused but I'd rather have that than "We put in 1 scene that was cut and re-released it 2 months later to cinemas" which has happened already or the fact Cats was literally patched while still playing in cinemas.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Lobo. Give that mad fucking genius Lobo.
My ideal Lobo movie would have Lobo as the antagonist, and we mostly follow a group of hapless bad guys who accidentally pissed him off in an almost nonsensical way while attempting to put together a nefarious scheme. It'd have a slasher vibe, but where you root for the slasher

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I can see how it could be abused but I'd rather have that than "We put in 1 scene that was cut and re-released it 2 months later to cinemas" which has happened already or the fact Cats was literally patched while still playing in cinemas.
Patching that move after launch is like trying the bucket chain on the Titanic.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Also the reaction of people that insisted that there wasn't gonna be a Snyder Cut

The Egg on their face is delicious though
Is this about people that insisted there never gonna be a Snyder Cut, or that WB didn't keep a secret Snyder Cut hidden in the vault?

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Is this about people that insisted there never gonna be a Snyder Cut, or that WB didn't keep a secret Snyder Cut hidden in the vault?
The former, and how some of these folks completely heel turned saying they are looking foward to this, they've always wanted to see this, etc., etc.
Exposing them for the phonies they are.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Anyways, I am wondering how hard R rated this movie is gonna be because how can this possible match up to Dark Apokalips War?

Where Starfire gets bisected in half and turned into a Cyborg herself.

Where Superman gets possessed by the Devil himself (Trigon) to fight Darkseid.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Anyways, I am wondering how hard R rated this movie is gonna be because how can this possible match up to Dark Apokalips War?

I'll confess, it would be hard to beat that absurd edge fest in the gratuitous death stakes but then again that was a deck clearing exercise to do a Flashpoint-esque reboot.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Boring. This is why most people dislike dark and "edgey" storylines when they are done to this absurdly. The matureness is false and has no nuance. I can't take any of it seriously, because it's way too over the top in darkness.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Boring. This is why most people dislike dark and "edgey" storylines when they are done to this absurdly. The matureness is false and has no nuance. I can't take any of it seriously, because it's way too over the top in darkness.
And Bat Shark Repellent is preferable?

Or Star Lord dancing in front of the main bad guy in the first film to distract him?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yes. Adam West is the best Batman of all time, and the 1966 movie is the best Batman film ever to be made, though "Return of the Caped Crusaders" from a few years back is something of a rival.

The basic premise of Batman is rather absurd, taking it too seriously doesn't really work. Batman Begins was very lucky to be successful, and sequels and imitators have no guarantee of the same luck.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Yes. Adam West is the best Batman of all time, and the 1966 movie is the best Batman film ever to be made, though "Return of the Caped Crusaders" from a few years back is something of a rival.

The basic premise of Batman is rather absurd, taking it too seriously doesn't really work. Batman Begins was very lucky to be successful, and sequels and imitators have no guarantee of the same luck.
By that logic we cannot take Lord of the Rings seriously or Star Wars. Or any epic heroes of legends and myth in the past. Because they are built upon things that in reality today we find absurd.

I can't take the story of Turin Turambar seriously because he's fights and kills a Dragon, a mere human doing that.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
By that logic we cannot take Lord of the Rings seriously or Star Wars. Or any epic heroes of legends and myth in the past. Because they are built upon things that in reality today we find absurd.
Make Batman into a fantasy film, get rid of all pretence of gritty realism or whatever, and that can work. The Tim Burton films come to mind.

Also, not sure how seriously we were supposed to take Star Wars anyway.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Or Star Lord dancing in front of the main bad guy in the first film to distract him?
All of that is 1,000 more times preferable than the crap you posted earlier. I would happily think Batman the brave and the bold over that dark and edgy crap fest. I ain't one of those Batman/DC Fanboys that has to have everything as dark and edgy to be seen as mature or validate the fact that they like comic books.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Well if Zack had his way, which seems to be the entire point of this fucking thing, and his love of things being dark, my completely realistic and accurate theory is that he'll have wonder woman be raped by evil superman. Batman will be forced to watch, it will all be done in slow motion thrusting, making sure to zoom in reeeaaaaaly close on Diana's face to illustrate her pain, then batman will like go super sayan or something. And start gutting guards with a batarang, all while superman just keeps laughing as he rapes WW, probably monologuing about The Right of the Strong or some such bullshit, and then batman will counter monologue, all while WW lays there helpless or something. big epic fight, lots of blood and guts, probably crucify superman on remains of a wayne tower building or something.

who fucking knows, no amount of re-editing will make any of that shit actually good.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Make Batman into a fantasy film, get rid of all pretence of gritty realism or whatever, and that can work. The Tim Burton films come to mind.

Also, not sure how seriously we were supposed to take Star Wars anyway.
You never took the Fight between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader seriously? The moment he revaels he's his father?

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015

Realism does not necessarily correlate with something being played straight. You can take quite fantastical things seriously if you can make sure that you can keep the behaviour of the characters believable even if the rules of the world aren't. Superheroes allow for a very large amount of flexibility in terms of how you draw the characters and how grounded or strange you make the internal logic. You can have things like fantastical worlds taken seriously, or realistic worlds done in a cartoonish way, or any other permutation you like, as long as you can realise each element well and make it feel coherent. I think a major issue with Snyder's superhero films is that they aren't coherent in terms of the way the varying approaches to visuals and characterisation and storytelling come together, and I think that's a symptom of the end product not reflecting what Snyder thought he was setting out to make. Batman Vs Superman is a very stupid film with some really campy production design, which would be fine except that I don't think Snyder didn't set out to make something stupid or campy which is why it feels wrong.

Reactions: MrCalavera

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

I can't take the story of Turin Turambar seriously because he's fights and kills a Dragon, a mere human doing that.
The reason I find Batman absurd is how often we have to lower everyone down to Batman's level in order for him to get wins.

Turin had luck and an ambush. He happened to be at the right place at the right time and caught Glaurung offguard.

When Superman fights Batman, there's always something holding Superman back. Mind control rendering him dumber. Not wanting to fight Batman. Or just Batman's invincible Plot Armor that keeps Superman from ever using his powers.

Batman can somehow move fast enough to remove a rock from his belt to weaken Superman. A being whose mind and body moves so quick that he once flew through a moon orbiting Saturn. Given that Saturn is 1.0116 billion mi (1628012390.4 km) away and let's say Superman went through one of its farthest moons which is 8,048,000 mi (12,952,000 km) away, that still means that Superman traveled and navigated 1.0035 Billion miles in 4 minutes.

I mean, that's just stupid. That's a feat that breaks Scientific Reason. But this is a universe where Gods join Superhero teams all the time. So, I'm actually ok with that.

But Batman gets absurd that he's continually stressed to be just a normal human that somehow angles his body to punch harder than metahumans. That he can be fast enough to catch Superman offguard... A Superman that can talk and sometimes keep up with the Flash. That anything Batman can do will somehow register to Superman at all.

And Darkseid is usually stronger than Superman. Batman fights Darkseid to stand stills. Batman dodges Darkseid's Omega Beams. Batman isn't a stain when he's touched by Darkseid.

Batman regularly does things Metahumans can't come close to doing simply to keep him relevant. They won't give him powers because they want people to root for him, but they gave him the most OP power there ever was: Plot Armor. Everyone will be on Batman's level, yet no one is allowed to raise above his.

To me, that's what makes Batman Absurd.