Zack Snyder’s Justice League

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
You say him in the video at 00:52?
Yeah, that guy. Look at the wikias and everything, yeah he's definitely Zeus. Which makes sense, he had the power to rip apart the Motherboxes on his own, something that took Superman and Cyborg together to do later in the movie.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Yeah, that guy. Look at the wikias and everything, yeah he's definitely Zeus. Which makes sense, he had the power to rip apart the Motherboxes on his own, something that took Superman and Cyborg together to do later in the movie.

Zeus was rather young.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Zeus was rather young.
You think Zack isn't going to cast a powerful male archetype as a younger person? Rippling with muscles and oozing testosterone from every pour? Come on. Honestly when I looked at moment in the clip for reference I thought "Oh, it's Leonidas"

But yeah, greek looking dude with lightning powers in DC, running around an ancient battlefield without a shirt? Most likely Zeus.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
You think Zack isn't going to cast a powerful male archetype as a younger person? Rippling with muscles and oozing testosterone from every pour? Come on. Honestly when I looked at moment in the clip for reference I thought "Oh, it's Leonidas"

But yeah, greek looking dude with lightning powers in DC, running around an ancient battlefield without a shirt? Most likely Zeus.
I find it suspiciously amusing that he looks almost exactly like Leonidas from 300

Call back/Reference to his past movie?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I find it suspiciously amusing that he looks almost exactly like Leonidas from 300

Call back/Reference to his past movie?
I doubt it's at all an accident that Zack is referencing his previous works, especially when the general thematic tone is the same. Greek mythology/history. So yeah, the fact that, as I stated, IMMEDIATELY thought "oh it's Leonidas" when I saw that clip in question, is probably a good indicator that it was on purpose. Of ALL the directors to dress a greek hero like that? Pretty on the nose.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I doubt it's at all an accident that Zack is referencing his previous works, especially when the general thematic tone is the same. Greek mythology/history. So yeah, the fact that, as I stated, IMMEDIATELY thought "oh it's Leonidas" when I saw that clip in question, is probably a good indicator that it was on purpose. Of ALL the directors to dress a greek hero like that? Pretty on the nose.
At first I thought it might have been Hercules given this quote in 300:

"The Old Ones say that we Spartans are descendant from Hercules himself"

Well I guess its still partly right, Zeus > Hercules > Spartans.

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
At first I thought it might have been Hercules given this quote in 300:

"The Old Ones say that we Spartans are descendant from Hercules himself"

Well I guess its still partly right, Zeus > Hercules > Spartans.
Yeah, I mean sure, we might be wrong, that a guy tossing around what looks like an arc of electricity, and visually looks a LOT like another popular greek character from the same director, ISN'T Zeus, but I think it's a safe bet. Especially given how many elements of the story, and at least one main character, have ties to the Hellenic period, and that very pantheon of gods, that are apparently actually real, and not just stories. So, yeah, I'd bet good money, that whoever that dude is in that very short clip, is probably Zeus. It might just be a flashback, where they explain "long ago, the gods of old, defended humanity (though I'm sure Zack will use the word mankind), from outside forces, by whatever whatever Mother Boxes, whatever whatever Banished to the Void, whatever whatever set up the Amazons to safeguard, etc. All while they show that shirtless dude flexing and screaming, while he does his crossfit workout for justice and victory.

If the scene doesn't play out like that, I will be massively shocked.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Seems like Snyder League is shaping up to be the Revenge of The Sith of Snyder's trilogy in terms of reviews. Not exactly a critical darling, but considerably more popular than the two movies that preceded it.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Seems like Snyder League is shaping up to be the Revenge of The Sith of Snyder's trilogy in terms of reviews. Not exactly a critical darling, but considerably more popular than the two movies that preceded it.
My words exactly, I thought of Revenge of the Sith as well

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So does that mean she's basically dating a toddler, relative to her?

Actually, never mind. I don't even want to try to suss out the ethics of this.
I'd say no, as elves in Middle-Earth don't seem to get more mature with age, they hit adulthood and go into stasis and don't do much of anything until they go away.

But normally, yes, it'd be like a hundred year old vampire getting involved with a girl at high school.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
If there was a reason for the Snyder Cut to exist, it's most definitely to give Cyborg some justice (heh). I never liked the idea of him being part of the League. I mean seriously, we all know there was no other reason to do it other than DC noticing their Justice League was a lil too white. There were shit ton of other characters they could have gone with without robbing the Teen Titans of one of their best members.

But even I thought Whedon completely fucked him over in the theatrical release. It was pretty blatant too, that one scene where Cyborg says "Hey I'll just go get the MacGuffin" and does so off screen made me laugh out loud in the cinema.

So its nice to hear that he gets his time in the spotlight. I guess it's lucky he's mostly CGI, so having more scenes of him probably wasn't too hard.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
As much as I’m not really big on seeing this crap, I do hope it succeeds for Zack because fuck knows he and his wife could do with a win. I mean it won’t give them what they ultimately want but if it helps them heal in some way, then that justifies its existence completely.

If there was a reason for the Snyder Cut to exist, it's most definitely to give Cyborg some justice (heh). I never liked the idea of him being part of the League. I mean seriously, we all know there was no other reason to do it other than DC noticing their Justice League was a lil too white. There were shit ton of other characters they could have gone with without robbing the Teen Titans of one of their best members.

But even I thought Whedon completely fucked him over in the theatrical release. It was pretty blatant too, that one scene where Cyborg says "Hey I'll just go get the MacGuffin" and does so off screen made me laugh out loud in the cinema.

So its nice to hear that he gets his time in the spotlight. I guess it's lucky he's mostly CGI, so having more scenes of him probably wasn't too hard.
I mean, John Stewart was right there. Means you could have had a Green Lantern people actually recognise positively in diversified the cast without stealing from the Teen Titans.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I mean, John Stewart was right there. Means you could have had a Green Lantern people actually recognise positively in diversified the cast without stealing from the Teen Titans.
To be fair, it's mostly the New 52's fault. Crazy how they decided to take the Justice League in the radical new direction of "lets have less women and people of color, but also remove two Black members and replace them with one lesser known Black character".

But this did remind me of Martian Manhunter, who is supposedly in this movie and whose human persona is Black. And this version of Aquaman is a PoC. Wonder Woman is also at the very least, not just an American lady. So in terms of diversity, Snyder's version isn't so bad.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
To be fair, it's mostly the New 52's fault.
I watch Atop the Fourth Wall a lot and Linkara jokes he can trace loads of shitty comics back to Countdown, and I’m starting to see that you can do the same with the New (Old?) 52.

But yes, the Cyborg thing is definitely the New 52’s fault and long may it rot. Just make Hal Jordon go away, the insufferable prick, and leave John in the JL.

Reactions: Bob_McMillan