Zack Snyder Directing Next Superman Movie

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Please please no awkward sex scenes in this one......IM LOOKING AT YOU WATCHMEN!

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
My verdict:

Dawn of the Dead - Underwhelming, as it felt so generic and rushed compared to the amazing original
300 - Rocked, as it was tonally appropriate, thematically consistent, and had some good music and action
Watchmen - Off-putting, as it dragged on way too long and seemed unsure of what it wanted to say or how to say it

At this point, it's a toss-up.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
Look on the bright side guys, the newest superman had no action, this one will have a whole lot of it, in slowmotion.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
David Bray said:
I hate that prick. God damn him, god damn all his movies to hell!

Ruined my day completely.
What an eloquent argument. Not that I disagree with you, but could you at least give a reason why you don't like Snyder?

Here's an example: I dislike Snyder because he managed to make Watchmen boring.

It's certainly an objective statement, but it is better than going "Oh he's such and asshole and I hate him"

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
I loved 300 and Watchmen was a great flick aswell.

So I guess I'll be one of the few to say, "Go Snyder, go!"
300 was great, but 300 was a meathead film that was to be consumed. I actually watched it the other day and it works really well for what it is.

I personally think Superman needs a special touch in order to have it work properly, otherwise you could fuck it up royally. I don't think Snyder has what it takes, but that's me. Like I said, Nolan's producing and his brother's involved as well so it'll hopefully be alright.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
As far as it goes, I enjoyed Dawn of the Dead, thinking that while it was a dumb fun Zombie movie, it at least had some great scares and a chilling ending. However, I dispised 300. I couldn't believe so many people loved it, regardless of the SPARTA! moment.

Watchmen however, was probably one of my favorite movies of 2009, and needless to say, I through down $40 Bucks for the Ultimate Director's Cut and every little bit of satisfaction from it as I did seeing it in its original cut.

Unless Legend of the Guardians and Sucker Punch are absolute crap, I'll watch anything by Snyder, and honestly, it might make me have a renewed interest in Superman. Y'know, besides using Superman to beat the hell out of Scorpion.

mikeybuthge

Apr 28, 2010
i'm thinkin putting christopher nolan, who re-vamped the batman series, and zack snyder, who did a very good job of the watchmen, because there's almost no other way to tell the story as a movie than how he did it, together is going to be an interesting movie, with at the very least a good story.... annnnnnd some slow-mo

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
Doth my eye's deceive me? Nolan/Snyder colab for next Superman... F*CKING AWESOME! What's next? A new good Final Fantasy? Maybe the next Spiderman movie will be better then what I'm expecting?

Regardless I now can't wait to see who they cast and the movie once released. I'm hoping it's as good or better the Watchman, my all time favourite movie.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Come, son of Jerel, kneel before Zod! (snootchie, bootchies, ha ha ha [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYDYzyqIy-I])
You mean Jor-El [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jor-El].

YOU JUST GOT OUT-NERDED

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Superman returns was not bad tho they really need to start using the DC universes eath and not trying to super impose him on the this one....

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
At least wait for a trailer before getting completely bent out of shape.

It can't be worse then the last film... Kevin Spacey is the only thing I liked in it, even then they didn't use him all too well.

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
In b4 "Zack Snyder is...A CARROT!"

Anyway, not being a big movie fan, not caring about superman, and not being familiar with directors....I have nothing to say.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Eh. I'e never liked Superman, but Zack Snyder makes movies that are fun. Not nessecarily Great or even good, but if you're watching it with some friends who will comment on everything or get pissed when you press repeat on "THIS... IS... SPARTA!!!", unlimited fun ensures. Plus, I liked Watchmen. Jack Earl Haley was a good Rorschach, and the action was enjoyably over the top. 8/10. Maybe I'll enjoy this BECAUSE I don't care for superman, and it will also be over the top. Hopefully just no stupid slow mo sex scenes.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Here's an example: I dislike Snyder because he managed to make Watchmen boring.

It's certainly an objective statement, but it is better than going "Oh he's such and asshole and I hate him"
Fiiiine. I hate Snyder because:

As you put it, he made Watchmen boring. He placed more importance on the sex and slutiness of all the characters than conveying the message of the comic. He said the most difficult decision in making Watchmen was deciding what size to make Dr. Manhattan?s penis, then misinterpreted that the comic?s smallness was because of Moore/Gibbons intention to depict Manhattan as infertile, thus missing one of many underlying complexities. For casting a model rather than an actress as the lead female and thus choosing a cast whose acting potential could fill a moderately sized thimble.
Also, his gratuitous obsession with the male form, showing it in ones of ways; the ridiculous Spartan physique and nothing else.
On top of this, his overbearing and often inapplicable use of slow motion for little or no reason, often mixed with unsubtle and gratuitous bloody violence which achieves no added affect.
And this is jumping ahead to presupposition, but his disgusting sexual depiction of barely legal ass in Sucker Punch.

To paraphrase, I hate Snyder because of:

A. Himself.
B. His treatment of found texts.
C. His techniques
D. His ability
E. And his pathetic childishness.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
Zack Snyder has proven he can do a faithful comic adaptation (squid notwithstanding). I'm anxious to see his version of Superman.

I hope they go with Braniac instead of Luthor as a villian this time around.