Zack Snyder Directing Next Superman Movie

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Im game so long as they do something like this scene XD

and give us another meme that everyone will use till the end of time lol

hansari

May 31, 2009
Cool Dylan's "Times they are a changin" song with intro....

*time elapses

Is "Hallelujah" playing during the slow-mo sex scene? Because its a miracle The Owl manage to get it up????

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
To be honest with Christopher Nolan and his brother Jonathan writing the script there's little to go wrong in here. You know, watching Nolan's movies you'll recognize he kinda despises Slow Motion.

So if they put a "NO NO NO, NO SLOW MOW HERE!" reminder every few lines this will be a huge win :>

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Indeed. I think the days of Campy Superman flying with the American flag have passed now, and feel the only way it can work now is a more Introspective Soupes, but each to his own. Either way, if this wasn't being penned by the Nolans I'd be scared of the outcome. Studios always rush out crappy films just to hold onto the rights, I mean look at Ghost Rider...
God knows I don't want the flag waving Superman, but writing a serious introspective story around a guy in red and blue tights with the perfect jerry curl might backfire aswell. Unless ofcourse they give him a complete make-over.

I'm not an expert on Superman, but there's just not that much depth or character to the guy. The most depth he ever had (in a movie anyway) was in Superman Returns where they seemed to go for this "lonely god among mortals" concept. But maybe I was reading too much in to it.

My best hope is that Snyder and Nolan will finally give us a Superman movie that shows us a real Superman. A Superman that battles superhuman forces from beyond our world in big intergalactic showdowns, instead of a Superman that just flies around Metropolis and uses his heat ray once or twice..............Or worse, one that flies around with Richard Pryor. *shudder*

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
ShadowsofHope said:
That suit pictured. Better not. Be the. New design.

That is all.
Don't worry, it's not. That picture comes from the 50s show (I think).

On topic: While I can see that there could be some drawbacks with Snyder doing this, I'm pretty optimistic to be honest. I think he has a good eye for the sort of scale that a Superman film deserves, and if he gets in some of the heavy hitters from Superman's rouges gallery, then I think it'll be a bit more enjoyable than some previous outings.

I still want to see Darkseid on screen though.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
Tankichi said:
SamElliot said:
Tankichi said:
Am i the only one who liked Superman Returns?
Nah, I liked it, too, but it wasn't as good a movie as it could have been from Bryan Singer. Plus, the Super-Kid kinda raised some...*ahem*...unfortunate questions that Kevin Smith made a point to articulate.
LOL! took me a sec to remember what you were talking about with the Kevin Smith Comment lol. It could have been better but i liked how in it the kryptonite just made him vulnerable. Thats what it was said to do in the comics but in every movie show or thing i see now it just hurts him.
I enjoyed that, too. In fact, the whole Kryptonite island thing was really interesting, and I was curious if Superman hurling it into space would have some unintentional consequences in the sequel (like oh say...Braniac or Darkseid coming to Earth?), but it's unfortunate that we won't get that story.