Zelda: Skyward Sword Trailer Introduces Enigmatic Foe

scott17

Mar 6, 2011
maybe the gilded sword guy is a good guy like midna. or will play a role like sheik did in oot or like the wolf in twilight that taught you songs that would be cool
the master sword has that chick who would be like navi or the fairy that gives you info all the time. but the gilded sword also helped you a lot in MM but cant be as good as the master sword so it woudl play a less important role as an ally. that would be cool right? huh?

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Wargamer said:
As a left handed gamer, I refuse to buy this game. Handedness may not matter when it's a controller in my hand, but when it's a wiimote it does.

Plus, LINK IS LEFT HANDED. Get it fucking right!
I'd preffere to think that Link's ambidexterous and can use both hands equaly.

Besides, it's Nintendo. What they say goes.

Like saying that Zelda isn't just a pointless object to make Link have a reason to go from A to B, fighting enemies.

Therealgijoe

Nov 10, 2010
I think this guy is going to be more like Vaati. A bad guy who messes up Link's day, but Ganondorf is still pulling the strings. If they were going to do a Ganondorf reboot, they would probably throw in a Link one too.

Either that or its going to be one of those ones with no Ganondorf. The lack of Zelda in any trailer makes me think that this is the more viable option.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
I'll buy it, but puzzles and battle has never been Zelda's weakness. I can't get excited until and unless I see something deep in terms of story and character detail. Give me big towns to explore, not just five shacks and a big helping of invisible walls. More Wind Waker, less Twilight Princess.

Your platform gaming is great - now lets see some RPG depth, please.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
Asuka Soryu said:
Wargamer said:
As a left handed gamer, I refuse to buy this game. Handedness may not matter when it's a controller in my hand, but when it's a wiimote it does.

Plus, LINK IS LEFT HANDED. Get it fucking right!
I'd preffere to think that Link's ambidexterous and can use both hands equaly.

Besides, it's Nintendo. What they say goes.

Like saying that Zelda isn't just a pointless object to make Link have a reason to go from A to B, fighting enemies.
Wasn't Twilight Princess left-handed if you used a game cube controller and right-handed only if you used a right-handed config for the wiimote?

If we can play Skyward Sword with a left-handed config, I'm one of those people who will just have to learn to be a leftie. :D

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I suddenly want to play with my beast wars action figures and my legos and my beanie babies at the same time while having no comprehension of the fact that my family is falling apart!

Yay, Zelda always makes me feel young and safe.

VGC USpartan VS

Feb 14, 2011
Haven't liked a Zelda game since Majora's Mask, I honestly believe Twilight Princess was WAY better on the game cube... Wii remotes just aren't that good.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Name a bad console Zelda game.

Exactly. While I'm not a huge fan of Zelda II or Majora's Mask, I will be picking this up on day 1. I do prefer Twilight Princess's art style, but this looks like tons of fun

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I'm going to say it now. Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask looks like crap compared to today standards, but Wind Waker doesn't.