Zelda Wii U is Open World, Coming 2015

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Zelda Wii U is Open World, Coming 2015

The upcoming Zelda title for Wii U lets you tackle any area from any direction.

Read Full Article

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Lastly, we unfortunately won't be able to play this new title this year, as Nintendo confirmed the game will release some time in 2014.
Steve, you tell me the game isn't coming out this year, yet you put 2014. This can only me one thing...I've time traveled back to E3 of 2013! I'm a time lord apparently! XD

OT: Welp, seems 2015 is the year my wallet cries when it comes to games coming out. Definitely getting this one. Hopefully it doesn't use motion controls like Skyward Sword did, because I hated that with a passion. So give us possible GameCube or Pro Controller support Nintendo. >:3

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Neronium said:
Lastly, we unfortunately won't be able to play this new title this year, as Nintendo confirmed the game will release some time in 2014.
Steve, you tell me the game isn't coming out this year, yet you put 2014. This can only me one thing...I've time traveled back to E3 of 2013! I'm a time lord apparently! XD
Quickly, we must go back to the future. Get the car.

OT: Finally. I was always wondering when a Nintendo would make another good open world RPG. Haven't seen one from them in a while.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Okay Nintendo, you've got my attention.

This looks nice, this looks fresh, but more than that this looks different from the plastic toy aesthetic you've been using for years now.

Looks like I'll be picking up a Wii-U once they drop the price to about 200.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
Pic #3 looks promising!

Now, if only hadn't abandoned consoles after the Gamecube... Now I would have to invest too much money, as my only (seldomly used) TV is an ancient CRT with a rather noticably green-tinted picture

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
It will be hilarious when the game comes out, it's as big (or close to) as Skyrim and it has 11000x less bugs than Bethesda could ever manage.

Also I hope to God that monster was just for show. That already was OP as fuck.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Zelda Scrolls: Hyrule.

Looks seriously pretty, and I love Link's design.
That protagonist is right handed, and wears blue instead of green. Maybe, just maybe, we're playing Zelda in this game? I'd welcome it.

Scribblesense

Jan 30, 2013
That's a lady!

Pedro The Hutt said:
Daystar Clarion said:

That protagonist is right handed, and wears blue instead of green. Maybe, just maybe, we're playing Zelda in this game? I'd welcome it.
The blue design looks like Link from Wind Waker before he got his hero clothes, maybe this is Lady Link before she becomes a hero?

DaViller

Sep 3, 2013
Scribblesense said:
That's a lady!
I wouldn´t mind a female link but that there was a dude. A very beatiful dude with elegant facial features and a.... I´m getting of topic.

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
Pedro The Hutt said:
Daystar Clarion said:

That was actually the first thing I thought when I looked. Are we getting to play as Zelda this time? Then I kind of doused that thought because link has always looked kind of girly and Nintendo has always been really conservative with change. I would love it to be Zelda. I just see it as very very unlikely that they will switch from link.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
[HEADING=1]SO PRETTY! :D[/HEADING]

All in-engine too, apparently. 2015 is going to kill my wallet.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
[HEADING=1]SO PRETTY! :D[/HEADING]

All in-engine too, apparently. 2015 is going to kill my wallet.
Anybody else reminded of Princess Mononoke?

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
it looks lovely but... the open world is what I was afraid of. The reason I like Zelda is the tight, deliberate design and a very clear sense of progression. It's the way everything seems to click together. I didn't get that from Link Between the Worlds. I hope they know what they're doing but evidence of last years suggests otherwise.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Pedro The Hutt said:
Gabanuka said:
Since when is Link a right-handed lady in a blue tunic?
The right handed version came from Skyward Sword (since you're using the waggle stick to sword fight, and more people are right handed, Link became right handed).

The blue tunic though (and the ponytail) those are new.

Stavros Dimou

Mar 15, 2011
I don't understand...
While everything on the nature and backgrounds like the grass,rocks,and trees look so nice and detailed and amazing,character models such as Link's lack detail in a disproportionate excessive manner,making it seem like someone took the models of some other game and threw them on the world of another game.

The world looks new gen,link looks like he popped from the Gamecube era.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Eclipse Dragon said:
Pedro The Hutt said:
Gabanuka said:
Since when is Link a right-handed lady in a blue tunic?
The right handed version came from Skyward Sword (since you're using the waggle stick to sword fight, and more people are right handed, Link became right handed).

The blue tunic though (and the ponytail) those are new.
The blue tunic isn't new. It's what both the Wind Waker and Skyward Sword links wore before you got the main outfit and you get it in Wind Waker after you beat the game. As for whether it's Link or not, I'm pretty sure it is.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
ToastiestZombie said:
The blue tunic isn't new. It's what both the Wind Waker and Skyward Sword links wore before you got the main outfit and you get it in Wind Waker after you beat the game. As for whether it's Link or not, I'm pretty sure it is.
True, but I wonder if he'll wear it the whole game, or if he'll get the green cloths eventually.