Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Mandalore

Mar 19, 2009
hmmm could have been alot more funnier if yahtzee didnt hold back methinks...last part was funny though LOL

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Absolutely wonderful work, as usual. The ending was brilliant, I seriously hope no one actually gets offended by that.

xanith02100

Feb 1, 2009
Wow, what can I say other than this has to be one of the best ones recently. The ending alone was absolutely priceless.

danne dkd

Sep 22, 2008
haha thats funny

you gotta listen to some GOOD rap though
50 cent is a piece of shit when it comes to rapping

Mutatismutandis

Mar 19, 2009
Wow, it's pretty funny how you judge an entire group of people based on the fictional depiction of a single individual in a computer generated environment. It's supremely comical that everyone is quick to criticize 50 cent for a game that received the green light by white business executives. It's absolutely hilarious that the consumer base that keeps rap afloat in the first place is the middle class white demographic. It is truly side splitting that you all think referring to black people as the N-word is just a harmless joke when we all know it is a racial slur developed in an archaic time in American history. But it is quite sad that I actually told my friends about how funny you are and that I thought race wasn't and issue anymore and that I assumed you of all people wouldn't compare a previously die hard fan to a fucking 50 Cent video game. Congratulations Yahtzee you have successfully alienated a few more human beings from each other and turned a shitty video game into a reminder of the negative aspects of human nature.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
The end, oh man the end hurt my lungs I was laughing so hard. After all the silly "I'm not racist comments" (of course I don't think he is) but man that was classic. Maybe more than the other one "Hitler was right" bit on the other video.

Jallis370

Mar 2, 2009
When is he gonna start doing the music part in the beginning and end of the vids? I miss it... The videos aren't as great without the nice music, now we have to listen to this damn heavy whatnot every time. Yes I can skip it but I didnt have to before because I LIKED the part I now have to skip... Yahtzee has gone and done what games do in the end; repeat itself...

JC123

Apr 10, 2008
I know this thread isn't exactly a good cross-section of the viewers, since the fanboys scream the loudest, but I'm surprised that more people didn't like the review.

The clear attempts at parody and sarcasm aimed at the politically correct and the "I'm not racist, but...." crowd missed the mark, and rather than an intelligent parody as (I hope) it was intended, Yahtzee just seems to have added a voice to the stereotyping and contradictory mob. I'll point out the two most obvious examples for people who might not be sure what I'm talking about: 50 Cent's avatar running around yelling "Yo yo yo, Awww yeah, bitches ain't shit aiiight" which no-one in rap has actually ever done; and the constant commentary about putting down women, again an inaccurate representation of 50 Cent's music and almost all rap (except for maybe Lil Jon [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfLAv3JHRwY]). Its effectively the same thing as speaking out about racial stereotyping in his CoD 4 review and then drawing the Asian character with slanted eyes.

Blood on the Sand is, to my mind, not a great game, but an average Gears of War clone. One that I think would've received more favourable commentary had it been yet another space marine stamping rather than a 50 Cent branding. Instead, we get a review which is 10 seconds of discussing the game, and the rest on hip hop and black stereotypes (despite his attempts to explain it to the contrary).

Maybe it's just me though. It seems lately all his work, including the AG podcasts, is going in this direction. Rather than sticking with the quick-witted, sharp tongued persona he gave in earlier reviews, Yahtzee seems to be heading towards the dodgy territory of being offensive and rude for the sake of trying to be funny.

Shadow5

Mar 11, 2009
JC123 said:
I know this thread isn't exactly a good cross-section of the viewers, since the fanboys scream the loudest, but I'm surprised that more people didn't like the review.

The clear attempts at parody and sarcasm aimed at the politically correct and the "I'm not racist, but...." crowd missed the mark, and rather than an intelligent parody as (I hope) it was intended, Yahtzee just seems to have added a voice to the stereotyping and contradictory mob. I'll point out the two most obvious examples for people who might not be sure what I'm talking about: 50 Cent's avatar running around yelling "Yo yo yo, Awww yeah, bitches ain't shit aiiight" which no-one in rap has actually ever done; and the constant commentary about putting down women, again an inaccurate representation of 50 Cent's music and almost all rap (except for maybe Lil Jon [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfLAv3JHRwY]). Its effectively the same thing as speaking out about racial stereotyping in his CoD 4 review and then drawing the Asian character with slanted eyes.

Blood on the Sand is, to my mind, not a great game, but an average Gears of War clone. One that I think would've received more favourable commentary had it been yet another space marine stamping rather than a 50 Cent branding. Instead, we get a review which is 10 seconds of discussing the game, and the rest on hip hop and black stereotypes (despite his attempts to explain it to the contrary).

Maybe it's just me though. It seems lately all his work, including the AG podcasts, is going in this direction. Rather than sticking with the quick-witted, sharp tongued persona he gave in earlier reviews, Yahtzee seems to be heading towards the dodgy territory of being offensive and rude for the sake of trying to be funny.

I do think it was more of a light hearted jab than an actual attempt at being offensive

MrMcclain

Mar 19, 2009
I have to say that was one of the best reviews besides left for dead that you have done Yahtzee. I really cant understand why million dollar rappers and rockers alike have to make there own games. I could understand if they were good but for the sake of all things decent 50 cent.... whats next Eminem: Search warrant revolution?

Acehole

Aug 8, 2008
@JC123 but I'm surprised that more people didn't like the review, You dont make sense. I myself am surprised more poeple didnt like the review, i'm not really though internet isnt that predictable "yea rite".
And for the review it's funny as hell not everything has to be perfectly scripted and pc and on the same note as his other reviews, just proves he has balls and wont listen to nay sayers who take everything to serious like you, you can all go play blood on the sand or you can go play red alert 2 since thats you're avatar i dont mind lazy, not racist.