Zero Punctuation: Alice: Madness Returns

Justin1221

Aug 16, 2008
I think there was another time when Yahtzee's voice sounded different, but I can't remember why. Maybe he's got a cold or something. Maybe some device he uses is messing up.

Nenad

Mar 16, 2009
Just noticed how Yahtzees' voice is a big part of the show.

Get well soon!

hendoben

Nov 12, 2010
heh, I thought you sounded like you had a bit of a cold last week, but wasn't sure. Guess I was right. Hope you;re feeling better already!

elitestranger1

Nov 20, 2009
most critics said it was pretty good but not gr8 but then again they use rating systems so bugger them.

also yahtzee sounds like robert webb this week. and his voice broke a few times (hehe) but i refuse to quote the simpsons sweecky voiced teen coz maybe if we ignore it the show might just go away and leave us alone.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Wow, it took a good 2-3 years or so to make the gay Batman and Robin joke after Yahtzee said it on the Australian Gamer Podcast? I would have thought it would have used it sooner.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
I had a pretty good feeling he was going to slam this.
Nevertheless, i still like this game for one reason or another, whether it's the combat, the platforming or the art direction...
or perhaps it's becuase it isn't another BLOODY SHOOTER.
Great joke at the end too :D

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
I nearly shot milk out of my nose on that last line. Dang, that was funny. Especially that little "neh" he did after it.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I actually liked the game. I do agree that the platforming is long and gets boring after a couple of minutes of the same platfrom-to-puzzle lather rinse repeat thing, but it has better platforming than the prequel. Too bad the sequel got rid of ledge hanging and it only had one boss fight.

As for the prequel, I only hated how half of the weapons were shitty while a couple of them were cool, but takes up magic and if you ran out, you're stuck to using your knife and whatever you can get your hands on based on how much magic is left. Also the game slows down when you're fighting enemies. The fight between the Twiddle twins was the worst! It lagged so much, it felt like I was playing for the online leaderboards.

nariek

Mar 19, 2011
I may be on my own hear, but i'm sick of Alice in wonderland, I thinks its done and should be left alone. people now see it as an easy way of marketing to an audience of alternative tastes (I say it like that for lack of a better way to describe the targeted audience)I mean no offence to Lewis Carroll's work, even though its not my sort of thing. but people just take it, make it slightly dark(that marketable kind of dark anyway, I know it was already pretty messed up) and they know it'll sell a few copies.
of course I may just be slightly spiteful because I've known so many girls with Cheshire cat, or mad hatter tattoos who got on my freaking nerves. also i'm from Guildford, where he died and we had to study his work at school, including field trips to his statues in the town center, and I got severely bored of it.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Who the hell plays this game on a console anyway? On the PC it looks so fantastic none of these complaints even matter anymore.

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
I was really expecting sonic collors. Why? Way back in you're review for iphone games, you mentioned that you needed another week to play sonic collors. But you never reviewed it. When shall our wait end????

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I liked this game, and I thought those were fun, unusual mechanics in this day and age of chest-high walls and gritty brown tones (evade and block and all sorts of colors :D)

Barley Seed

Mar 7, 2011
His voice sounded just like his earlier videos. I like that. Regardless of that, I've never played this game nor the original, yet I have been tempted to buy it but I honestly can't see myself getting it any time in the near future.

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
His voice this episode sounded like the earlier episodes, when he probably had a lower quality microphone or something.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
the whole idea of "Alice but dark" is completely redundant. I suppose if you're only going by, say, the Disney version of Alice you might have a surprise or two, but going by the original and its sequel it's nothing new. Literary scholars for years have interpreted the works as a journey through hell. Seriously, has anyone actually SEEN an original drawing of the Cheshire Cat? It's fucking disturbing.

At the very least this can't be as bad as Tim Burton's version. That was just an insult to Carroll's works.