Zero Punctuation: Alice: Madness Returns

MacJack

Jun 23, 2011
Its Yantzee he is got cold again.

In any case this review was actually good,it started on how the first game was meh with poor controlling and it pointed out that despite the second being fixed, its not a better game but it has some pretty empty envrioments, add the jokes here and there, and that was a nice review.

I dont see why people say he hated the game, atleast not in this review.

daitsdudes

Feb 9, 2011
I think this is most fair review to date. I got it and had fun with it, it looks amazing. All of his gripes were substantiated too.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
That forced chuckle at the end almost caused me to spit soda on my laptop. Glorious.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
XxDuSaNxX said:
I really liked the game, but hey, Yahtzee hates everything xD
Shadows of the Colossus says he just wants amazingness. :p

----Nothing to do with the quote above----

The way he reviews is right up my jaded-gamer ally. If he gives a game a green light, there's an excellent chance I'll pick it up. (And yeah, the opposite if he bashes it) I know to some, it will seem like I'm missing "an okay game", but I don't have $60 bucks to waste on every "okay game" on the market right now. Nor do I have the determination. I've grown bored of games that do basically the same thing with a different tweak to the dynamic. So I ask everyone not to try and recommend me a game that fits a mold too well. ' -'

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
octafish said:
New Mic? Anyway, American McGee has pretty much said himself that the game is a bit of fanservice and that he wants to get back to making the next Farmville or grindfest MMO or Angry Birds or whatever he is doing in Shanghai. I am not being facetious by the way, he has stated that core gaming is a dying business and the future is in social media games.

A shame, I did like Scrapland, and the original Alice.

EDIT: Ouch just checked the Brisvegas weather. It's almost as cold as down here in Melbourne.
core gaming a dying thing? since when? I really dont see how that makes sense since they are pretty much completley different products,

I mean mabye core gaming would have more "socail gaming elements" but I mean no one is trading the AAA experience for angrey birds

anyway I bourght this game knowing it would be less than perfect, just because it was somthing a little different to most of whats on offer thease days

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
Genixma said:
Sounds like someone has the Summer Cold...or was speaking too much into their microphone...or has allergies. Either way, interesting.
It's Winter in Australia...

Jyggalag

Jan 21, 2011
Does he have the flu, is he pissed off, or is he trying to have an American accent? (If you can call a yankee monotone "accent" an accent)

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
ok, it's either you have a cold, or you are NOT Yahtzee.... anyhow, I had to choose ONE game for the first part of my summer, and I happened to choose the "little girl" (Alice) over the "Big Man" (Duke), so yeh, still playing it, and I think so far... it's not too bad, I guess if I read the book, I'd like the "twists" better.... but I didn't... so.. yeh,

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
So your sense of humor turns even more dry and your voice turns into a wildlife documentary narrators voice when you're sick eh? Fun episode yo.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Wallace and Gromit are awesome... Sorry.

But yeah, I honestly don't care all that much about this game.

Monty Python is also cool.

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
Dollar bills being ripped away from urchins by the biggest c*nt on earth ? I thought you were reviewing a game not Juliar's carbon tax ??

Terminally Chill

Jun 21, 2011
I'm sure he has a cold, I'm in Adelaide and it's absolutely freezing, wouldn't doubt it's the same up in Brisbane. Aussie winters have been quite brutal the past few years.

Nice review, pretty much agree with every word. I honestly can't really see the point in this sequel, to be honest.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I kinda like Alice, it makes a nice change from all the generic super-serious games out there and of course 'realistic' shooters.

Guess it's the same reason I like Section 8: Prejudice, just makes a nice change.

Neither of the game I mentioned are perfect though which is really sad for me to realise, im willing to accept games that are flawed yet different over games that are identical to one another but have more solid gameplay mechanics.

I suppose it's because those solid gameplay mechanics are also all identical to one another.