Zero Punctuation: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Jason Bligh-Wall

Nov 22, 2012
My favourite glitch was when I was fighting the mother alien in the mecha suit and I got taken down, while inside the suit. So I could still control the suit while having my feet cosily rested up against the windscreen.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
That glitch with the boss fight sounded like a royal pain in the ass. With the animation with the face bashing it also looked painful... probably the best part of the video.

Master Kramer

Sep 7, 2011
My favourite glitch was when an alien somehow broke through a wall and disappeared in a different blue wall

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Well, since you asked, the biggest glitch I came across was in that damn Raven boss fight when the boss glitched through a wall and disappeared like the power loader was being piloted by Vanellope Von Shweetz, leaving me to fight endless xenomorphs until I reloaded the last checkpoint.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Thank you for the MASSIVE Spoiler-warning in the middle of the review about Hicks. Oh, wait. THERE WAS NONE!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I bet it would've really sucked to have been the guy who kept getting revived only to get smacked back down again. Must've thought he was in hell or something.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Not a glitch per se but I just love the Aliens animation in this game.
They move nothing like how the Aliens move in the films. They sort of shuffle around like a pensioner in slippers and on some terrible ecstasy.

sushkis2

Apr 14, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks, that the bar in video game industry is now so low, that we allow such atrocities to be released? The worst thing about it is, that such disasters gain more media attention, that it distracts everyone from things that actually are good, thereby these publishers/developers get a free ride, and still cash in on the dross they put out in the market by the way of preorders. They must be punished.

Vergilthenew

Aug 17, 2012
Aw. I thought this was going to be the new Metal Gear. Well I just have to wait untill next week (I think) before he talks about how terrible my current game of the year is.

minnull

Feb 10, 2010
I love how the arabic text at the end is just a bunch of arabic letters strung together without even being properly attached to make words. That pretty much sums up this game.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Ah, I was so looking forward to this one Yahtzee to tear this game a new one and you did so well. I am a happy camper.

The only glitch I got was O'Neal blocking the door in a mission where I had to go report to the high ranking officer after defending the base.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Ah how I loved this episode.
I knew it was going to end in shit, but it would of be damn funny if he told us it was good at the start and told us he faked it half way through.

This was still funny though.
What is up on the chopping block for next week?
Crysis 2.5?
Metal Gear Rising: revengence.
Tomb butt Raider?

Well I haven't played any of them ... I just like making funny names.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
It's funny how Yahtzee comes across as being more professional in his critique than Jim Sterling or others. Maybe it's because he expects games to be bad and so is only surprised when they're good.

He's right about the series going down hill but I'd have to say that Aliens 3 (where they introduced Xenomorphs that develop differently depending on the species they gestate inside) was up there with the first two movies.

Cliff dive after that, though.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
My favorite glitch was the one that caused the game to revert back to a build from around 2005 just as the game was going gold.