Zero Punctuation: Alone in the Dark

commanderRc

Jul 9, 2008
I'm with yahtzee in the "not willing to revive a pain in the arse secondary character"

Funny as always but lacking the offensive joke this week
Some complained about the holocaust joke? Riiight

Tumbler360

Nov 28, 2007
Can you please load these videos onto a server that doesn't get overloaded so easy? Seems like each wednsday that comes around I try all day to get the full video to load and it keeps timing out 2 min or less. I hit reload to try again and the same thing happens. All Day. And the last weeks episode happened several times on a Thursday...

So load it somewhere else, I know you want to drive traffic to your site and all but you've got all you can handle, either upgrade or hand it off to another site.

Update: Hmm, so the video loaded on the 4th try on a Wednsday so perhaps I judged too hastilly.

Good review I guess. Hard to enjoy it when I have to watch it 4 times to get the whole experience though...

MpSai

Jun 25, 2008
Oh how I have been waiting for this. I hated this game with a burning passion and I didn't even get as far as the Satanic tree stumps (after reading about them in another review I figured I was wise to have traded this stupid game in after only about a week.) It didn't help that I got burned bad by it, I decided to reserve it at the local GAEMPLACE because you got ten bucks off the price if you did (which should have been a warning sign but I'm apparently retarded) and I figured it'd be a decent, mildly entertaining game that would tide me over til Fable 2. I also have only ever played the original 1992 Alone in the Dark and somehow thought that's what I was in store for only with more fire and next-gen graphics. Now it's left me swearing not to buy anything else until Fable 2 comes out. Thanks AitD!

But I do have to agree there was so much potential for awesome in the game and it just somehow ended up so inexplicably bad, even when what I was doing seemed like it should have been fun.

SimpleReally

Feb 4, 2008
Very good review, much better than last week's

i loved the " terrible execution" pic

i think yahtzee is at his best when reviewing an FPS

Ecco128

Jul 16, 2008
Wow, I read a preview for this game a while back and thought it looked mildly interesting, looks like they kinda dropped the ball in development though, what a shame.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Brillant review - saw a tech-demo for this once and thought it looked good, but fortunately I found out it was a gold-medal poo-poo olympics winner.

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
Burny physics, cool. Everything else, pants.
Nicely summarised, good review as always Yahtzee.

LilMissEvil

Jun 25, 2008
Spot on again. I must say I like the intro/outtro too. Not as funny as the "obvious" song choices, but I do like the music.

Keep up the hilarity :)

Oh, and whoever complained about the Holocaust jokes obviously was lacking in the humour department.

mcderek3000

Nov 15, 2007
Perhaps for the sake of accuracy, Terry would be the programmer and Gonad would be the publisher/marketing bloke who thought that open-world driving sections were trendy and that the game should be released prematurely.

Lupie

May 14, 2008
Ooohoo, this made me titter. S'very good, the music's still crunchy, and I laughed so hard my face hurts.

There's a few sound glitches, though: the first one I noticed when the Bad Character Awards are being listed, and the second was... er, at a different point that I've forgotten.

Lovely. Thank you very much! I'm going to go and have some tea.

afrophysics

Jul 4, 2008
Well done Yahtzee, an excellent return to form. Although your voice seems to have.. broken. In your 20's?

DerGermanGuy

Jul 10, 2008
It's another review I am glad to have seen... ( hopefully this is the right grammar I'm using...)
Good work Yahtzee

Seamus8

Mar 26, 2008
Wow even less people will buy this game than already were going to now.

-Seamus
~~~~Free D3 from the rainbow, the evil must prevail

UncleWesker

Feb 3, 2008
I won the game and I did enjoy a large portion of it. But I'd say anyone that hates it has the right to do so. A lot of things were overlooked that could have been improved upon. And the final chapter is essentially an excuse to drag the game out for 2 more hours. The puzzles were interesting however and the fire is fun to play around with.

maximara

Jul 13, 2008
CrossLOPER said:
I enjoyed the review and I think "Terry and Gonad" explain very well what has been going on in gaming.
I agree but I think gaming these days is more like "Terry" and the "Committee of Gonad" on a good day. The rest of the time it tends to look like it was designed by a collection of Rube Goldberg want-a-bes who think sharping a pencil should take 20 steps or more.