Zero Punctuation: Alone in the Dark

Dec 15, 2007
I would like to raise my hand for a moment to say that, after working in a Holocaust museum for a summer, there most certainly are Holocaust survivors who are still kicking it.

LadyZephyr

Nov 1, 2007
RE: ending video- Wot, did nobody understand what Yahtzee was saying in the unsubtitled edition? Shame on ya'll, go back to body language 101. :D

Kidding. Great review. Shame about the game being crap. The concept seems decent, despite the horrible execution. And, really, can game designers please start portraying girls as more than a set of boobs and as integral, not-annoying characters?

ETA:
hitheremynameisbob said:
lots of words and very good points
:thumbs up: Nice.

The Thief

Apr 24, 2008
Simply hilarious. The only time I'm glad shitty games exist is when Yahtzee is reviewing them.

risingphoenix

Jul 16, 2008
About the end of the video, where he addresses "People who complained about Holocaust jokes...", I would like to ask, Who the hell complained about the Holocaust jokes? There is so much more offensive context than that, and if you're going to complain, complain about something more meaningful. Look at all the Jew/Black/gay/blonde/etc jokes on the internet, and this is pretty tame.

1. Terry and Gonad are hilarious.
2. I laughed when New Yorkers throw out abnormally large amounts of nitroglycerin.
3. I am disappointed by the advertising, and the lack of ironic music.
4. While some people don't really find it amusing, it just adds to the atmosphere of the review - an informal, sarcastic, brutal, down-to-earth, no holds barred, opinion. This new introduction sort of removes some of the reason why I watched the videos, by becoming more formal and formulaic. Additionally, all the music you played were good or at least not bad enough to get my knickers in a twist.

Evan Waters

Dec 12, 2007
Re: the music- well, it wasn't as jarring this time since I expected it, and again it's not really bad. It's sort of unmemorable, still needs a hook if that can be done at all, but it's adequate.

GokoWildheart

Apr 24, 2008
Fantasic review and yeah i didnt get the whole let's screw this chapater and go to the next one it sort of ruins the game play alot. I did love playing with the fire physices and it was a wow moment playing with it but playing the game took me back to playing things like Dragons lair just way to many places to die instally and once you know about it it's just out the window.

Great review keep them coming and making wednesday more like the friday of the week ^^

Indrid Cold

Jan 30, 2008
First Zero Punctuation review in a while I've agreed with pretty much across the board. Lots of good ideas, none of which are ever given the attention they deserve. The controls are awful. I was honestly fighting them until my patience ran out and I stopped playing. Swing right analog this way to draw back chair, swing it the other way to hit something with it - only half the time it doesn't swing the way you want it to, and if it does, it's too slow to do you any good. If they'd only tightened the whole thing up, given it a few months more in development, it might have been worthwhile, if not great. The game's TV-serial aspirations could have been interesting if the writing, pacing and acting weren't terrible. They could have gone the H.P. Lovecraft route, as the original game did, but I suppose at this point Atari must realize they'll never beat Eternal Darkness on that count.

Zeld

Mar 14, 2008
I never get that little sequence with Yahtzee at the end of this reviews when he does all those hand motions and the captions pop up. Seriously, what is that? I don't care if it's advertising in an odd way; it's demeaning and just disrespectful to someone of Yahtzee's intelligence.

media

May 28, 2008
Good review, still don't like the opening music. It's shit, get back to your old ways, you look too commercialized now.

Example:

(Indiana Jones 1 - 3 = Yahtzee of old) = FTW
(Indiana Jones 4 = Yahtzee of new) = Crap

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
that was probly one of the best ive seen recently, good to see yatzee back on form after some pretty unfunny ones

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
It felt a pit short than the other review and lacked that some thing that the other have. But all in all it was intertaining.

As for what he said beign true? Well i really didnt want to play the game in the first place so i wouldnt know.

cabernet

Jun 18, 2008
yahtzee get rid of the opening and ending, its way better when you can find songs half relevant to the game you're reviewing its like 30% of what I look forward to in the reviews.

ignosco

Mar 28, 2008
Wow, Tycho from penny-arcade said the same thing as yahtzee about what he thought of the game. I enjoyed this one more than the last few.