Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
Being too poor to actually own a current gen console anymore, and my gaming PC getting FUBAR'd, I have to settle for watching Toby Turner's Let's Play videos.

Upon Toby getting to the cutscene where the British bloke was introduced into AC:B, of course the first person I thought of was Yahtzee. I was pretty shocked when the credits were nearing and Yahtzee still hadn't mentioned him.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Oh snarky British community theater college student. I just knew Yahtzee would approve of you.
Good to see he liked taking Ezio and Friends out for a spin in multiplayer. It really is a lovely rouges' gallery of personalities.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
I remember originally thinking that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was going to be a PSP game. Which would make it cost less and therefore make it more worth it. I didn't actually think that they would turn a multiplayer assassin game into a full priced console game.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
I thought that you'd like AC brotherhood? Hmm, interesting points made though.

Good episode as always.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I loved Assassin's Creed 2, and Ezio, so I was happy to get more Ezio. And the multiplayer is fun (and I never play online multiplayer). But I agree that we should bid Ezio arrivederci at this point--I would hate to see him wear out his welcome.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
I too am much more a fan of Ezio than I was of Altaiir (THERE I SAID IT) so more Ezio with some decent multiplayer puts this in the "gonna buy eventually" column.

If AC:B indeed includes enough of the good as mitigation for the crap hanging around from it's predecessor, it should still be a good time.
Similar sentiments here. Altair came off as Generic AntiHero #Whatever that at the end got a bit of development (and got major leaps of it off camera in the second game), while Ezio had a bit more going for him, in addition to all the extra moves.

I wondered if Yahtzee was going to check out the multiplayer, as it seemed right up his alley. The stealth is about being truly stealthy, as you're trying to fool real people rather than just NPCs. Sadly, it needs more modes of play and some way to counter Templar Vision (yes the whole "only allowed 2 powers" and a variety of delaying tools do work well, but the ability to negate hiding in a game based around stealth is the equivalent of a handgun in a medieval setting. You can still be killed, and there are ways to counter it, but it's a huge advantage).

Like the improvements on the game (crossbow, parachutes, combining ranged weapons with primary, flowing combat, the ability to kick to break invincible guards, etc.) but some of the flaw still need to be ironed out.

And yes it is time for Desmond to get his game already (though I wouldn't be opposed to him slipping into another ancestor unintentionally throughout the story and learning to control it towards the end).

wasneeplus

Dec 2, 2009
I generaly don't like multiplayer so it saddens me to see assasins creed is tryingto waste my time with it now too.

theblackmonk90

Sep 28, 2010
I sense a conspiracy here. Is Shaun actually Yatzee? Could anyone really tell? I mean Australians can easily pull of a British accent (a real one, not the accent Americans think we have) with a small amount of effort.

rezaDN1992

Jan 27, 2010
I think we can't play as desmond in assasins creed 3 because you stil don't own all the items. If you look at the hologramm of the world that comes somewere you see there are still at least 10 more MacCuffins. Hopefully part tree will be somewere in londen or PARIS. Or more orrigenal China. Playing as a ninja.

se7ensenses

Jun 10, 2009
It is shitty that they charged full price for a game that was basically an add-on. And the fact that the actual DLC for Ass Creed 2 SUCKED. I couldn't believe when the 1st DLC sequence was over. I was like SERIOUSLY?!? That's IT?!? And no achievements? WTF! Ass Creed 3 better be damn good. Damn. Damn. Good. Good Damn. Damn it.

P.S. I AGREE lol

megajon

Apr 6, 2010
AWESOME REVIEW Yahtzee

I myself have never liked the assassin creed series there just to much unnessary stuff in them for me even though i was thinking about getting this one hoping it would change my mind as soon as i found out what was in it i just thought its pretty much the same as the second just with multiplayer and yahtzee you have just cemented that fact for me I thank you.

Mathias Andersen

Mar 18, 2010
I literally won this game solely by kicking my enemies in the balls until they fainted, sure, it took a while, since I'm not exactly the king of stealth, but I'd reckon it was worth it.
the way the games are constantly getting easier, I'm looking forward to winning the next one purely by flicking my enemies.

I just wish it wasn't all FOR THE EVULZ like it is now a days, atleast in the first one, their intentions were somewhat good, now the templars just seems like egotistical archetype villains.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
I get the feeling Ubi Soft is trying to put off giving Desmond his own game as long as possible since they seem to know nobody likes him. I wouldn't mind some more historical eras. Maybe like the Colonial period, or World War I, or one where you play as a female assassin.

calvincaplan said:
WHEN IS HE REVIEWING FABLE III?
Screw that. I want him to review that new Naruto game that came out. Nothing but pure hilarity and fan girl tears.

abc0815

Nov 24, 2010
Good Review. You gotta love it when you get Pets in a Game who can do what you do but alot better.

The Noble Shade

Dec 24, 2008
In games like these, money is it's own reward, and I can expect people not to be satisfied with that. In games like GTA: Vice City and San Andreas, I did all the jobs and mission and assets I could to raise my bank, and when I easily hit a million bucks, I'd revel in the fact that I could buy all the weapons I want, die, and then buy them again. I'd have so much money, I'd buy a safehouse to save just so I wouldn't have to commute to one I already had.
Maybe the "money is its sole worth thing" is a throwback to "points" in the old days of arcade, where accumulation was it's motivation and reward. I wonder what other people think of that.
Also: Yahtzee, I respect the fact you dislike multiplayer, but I'll be damned if I will abide charging for the multiplayer as an add-on; this was a terrible idea in Resident Evil 5, and I'm glad the industry has learned from it.