Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Vorosh said:
I don't think I could have imagined Yahtzee liking a multi-player aspect of a game. Although it makes sense that combining stealth (done well) and not having to rely on other people would be the first.
It seems disappointing that it takes place in one city, but at least that solves the Assassin's Creed 1 problem of how dull it was to get around.
Rome is very, very, very big. The city half is like three Florences and a touch of Venice put together. The half which is mostly open fields and some ruins is fun to ride around on a horse. Also, the Colosseum is fucking awesome.

hawk533 said:
I remember originally thinking that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was going to be a PSP game. Which would make it cost less and therefore make it more worth it. I didn't actually think that they would turn a multiplayer assassin game into a full priced console game.
There is a single player part, you know.

Denizen

Jan 29, 2010
Anyone remember The Ship? It's an old source mod that has a very similar multiplayer element to Assassins Creed:Brotherhood's mode "wanted". It's really obscure now but wow even wikipedia acknowledges the similarity.

DBlack

Jul 16, 2009
WOW and here I thought zero punctuation had finnaly stoped kissing valves ass. I have a question for Mr. Croshaw, Is there a game made by Valve that you dont like? And since you never answer questions lets just pretend its rhetorical. If this site wasnt so damn good I'm sure I'd stop watching. Now excuse me while I go fail my mutual funds test.

DBlack

Jul 16, 2009
Wow I see you were put on probation for saying "why dont humans work harder to remove sex from there lives?" What is that about? are we really not allowed to say sex in forum? Didnt Extra Credits JUST make a video about it in video games?

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
there cool yes but i hope they invent hidden GUNS
has people forgot about them both the bad guys and the good guys go around with melle weapons
get a frikkin' gun yah wanker's

GameOverGoblin

Feb 3, 2010
I knew Yahtzee would approve of the multiplayer. Ever since I saw his Thief review I knew he would like it simply because of the stealth aspects.

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
DBlack said:
Wow I see you were put on probation for saying "why dont humans work harder to remove sex from there lives?" What is that about? are we really not allowed to say sex in forum? Didnt Extra Credits JUST make a video about it in video games?
Getting a little off topic, are we?

OT: "Thank you, father. It's a shame you're my next target. Stab." :D

Grimbold

Nov 19, 2009
I just started playing Ass ass in screed 2 four days ago. And I hate this always complaining Shaun guy almost as much as i despise stupid Desmond. This whats-her-name fishwoman on the other hand i find quite attractive.

jspheonix

Mar 10, 2010
I disagree that Brotherhood is virtually a DLC, I would argue a lot has changed. I was expecting a DLC to be honest but I was impressed with the variation so far, finally desmond can actually DO something, Rome offers so many challenges, and even though you don't see the missions you send your posse on, its a nice touch when building an army

zaphod121

Nov 15, 2010
I'm not much for multiplayer and like Yahtzee I'd rather have a good story and a fun game that I can relax and play on my own. If games are going to keep adding BS multiplayer to games I'd like to see them get rid of the trophies that you can only get by playing 100+ hours of some BS multiplayer.

sumguitardude

Jan 20, 2010
Great review mate^_^ I thoroughly enjoyed AC brotherhood but most what you say about the game is accurate .

Luve that mutliplayer<3

Kyuumi

Jan 12, 2009
jspheonix said:
I disagree that Brotherhood is virtually a DLC, I would argue a lot has changed. I was expecting a DLC to be honest but I was impressed with the variation so far, finally desmond can actually DO something, Rome offers so many challenges, and even though you don't see the missions you send your posse on, its a nice touch when building an army
I agree, Yahtzee was a bit desperate with the criticism here and just ending up beating the dead horse. The game has changed a lot from AC2, I wonder if he even actually completed it to be honest.

Oh yeah, he didn't mention the fact that the aiming on assassinations online can sometimes make you kill the wrong person. Still a nice review though!

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
EightGaugeHippo said:
Im not a fan of AC.
If it was about the assassin himself actually set in the time its set in rather than the future and that memory bull (*GASP), I might be inclined to like the serise abit more.
Erm it's about both, it tells multiple stories at alternately dislike it if you will but do it for what it is not what you intupret it to be.

Fun fact: the guy that plays Shawn was the guy that bet David Gorman that he couldn't find himself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_Dave_Gorman%3F

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
What was the point of the first 1 minute 20 seconds?

Yeah, I've always liked Shawn better than everyone else. But Rebecca (the spazzy one that operates the Animus) seems to not be in the spirit as much as she was in II. I checked to see if she had a different voice actor because that's what I got the impression of, but that's not the case.

CD-R said:
I get the feeling Ubi Soft is trying to put off giving Desmond his own game as long as possible since they seem to know nobody likes him.
Actually, I get the impression that the ending was made solely for Desmond to have some actual reason for character development in the next game, like in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

DBlack said:
WOW and here I thought zero punctuation had finnaly stoped kissing valves ass. I have a question for Mr. Croshaw, Is there a game made by Valve that you dont like? And since you never answer questions lets just pretend its rhetorical.
Don't forget that Yahtzee's still got a lot of beef to pick with Valve's release schedule. In addition, I can't ever call a single game made by Valve 'bad' with a straight face.

jspheonix said:
By 'a lot a changed', you probably mean 'a lot more stuff has been tacked on to gameplay'. To me, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will always feel like an expansion pack to Assassin's Creed II that I had to pay full price for. At least the first and second games were vastly different with different contexts, but Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood just feels rushed out and the assassin recruits, to me, feel underutilised. It's not like they make much of a difference in the story.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
moretimethansense said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Im not a fan of AC.
If it was about the assassin himself actually set in the time its set in rather than the future and that memory bull (*GASP), I might be inclined to like the serise abit more.
Erm it's about both, it tells multiple stories at alternately dislike it if you will but do it for what it is not what you intupret it to be.

Fun fact: the guy that plays Shawn was the guy that bet David Gorman that he couldn't find himself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_Dave_Gorman%3F
I know exactly what is going on in the games. I just would have prefered a game about Ezio or Altier(?), not about some guys reliving their memories. FOr me, the future parts ruined a good game. They broke the flow of gameplay by adding those future parts into the games.

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
I don't think yatzee payed attention to the game that well...he said the pope you let go came back and destroyed ezio's town when near the end it is revealed that the pope had nothing to do with it and the person who did, the main bad guy of the game who killed the pope, actually did it against the pope's wishes.