Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2008

Untamed Waters

Dec 12, 2008
Mythbhavd said:
Oh good grief. I can't someone is already complaining. I had a lot of fun with this video and loved the titles for the awards. Way to go Saint's Row!

Um, one last thing, what was with the retarded video at the end?

"Thou shalt not attach retarded videos to the end of Zero Punctuation, unless said video is by Yahtzee." Reviews 3:28

Dude, that was a new series to the escapist called "Unskipable" (SP)

Actually very funny, you should check it out.

By the way, nice review, actually somewhat enjoyed this one.

jamesc

Jul 30, 2008
As ussual, I dissagree with his veiw points but like his videos because of the humor. Too bad that he had to use the theme song so much. I kept missing parts cause I didnt know when to unmute it. But seriously, Saints Row 2 GOTY? Why? I haven't played it, and it doesnt look bad, but it doesnt look nearly as good as the incredible qualities of Fallout 3, PoP, Left 4 Dead, GTA4, Gears 2 or Far Cry 2. I mean god, those are some of the best games I've ever pla- wait, no... I'm not gonna be one of those people that rants against Yahtzee... It's his opinion and he's entitled to it. BUT WAIT, HE SAYS THE PRINCE IS THE WORST CHARACTER OF THE YEAR?!?! WHAT THE HELL, MAN??

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
No surprise in Sonic Unleashed taking that award. Many people believe Sonic died after the Adventure series, but I believe it was all over after Sonic CD.

PumpItUp

Sep 27, 2008
It seems everyone is hating on Yahtzee for his decision not to review a game every week. Well here's a question for you: have you ever called in sick to school/work to do something fun instead of going to school/work? If you have, then consider the clip show/awards show just like that and shut the fuck up about it already.

Yahtzee's certainly old enough to know what he's doing without being told off by picky wannabe fanboys. Unless you want to critique his choice of award winners and not the actual award show, go sit in the corner and shut up.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Hattrick! This is the third week in a row that I've forgotten that ZP updates on wednesday, go online and finds a nice suprise. The last two times were in busy holiday season, I dunno what made me forget today. Anyway, not expecting it just makes it that much sweeter!

Evan Waters

Dec 12, 2007
I couldn't actually hear the end bonus thingy very well. Something wrong with the sound, it's there but it's very very faint.

stickmangrit

May 30, 2008
soooooo...

not to second guess the Mighty FuckMothering Yahtzee, but can someone explain to me how SR2 managed to beat out Portal for GOTY? was Portal not a 2008 release, and was it not declared perfect by our feora'd Ubermensch?

just sayin...

cartooner2008

Dec 18, 2008
stickmangrit said:
soooooo...

not to second guess the Mighty FuckMothering Yahtzee, but can someone explain to me how SR2 managed to beat out Portal for GOTY? was Portal not a 2008 release, and was it not declared perfect by our feora'd Ubermensch?

just sayin...
Portal was released in 2007.
That's why.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
Christ Yahtzee, think you could assault our ears with that song anymore? How about a new song for the new year? Maybe one that doesn't suck, eh?

Xylon Lionheart

Jun 4, 2008
No, Portal was actually a 2007 release.

Also, I'm glad that I'm not the only person who notices the conspicuous absence of any mention of LittleBigPlanet.

qubit

Sep 26, 2008
Well, I found this a tad disappointing, but I guess we can't expect Branston pickle from Yahtzee every single time he makes a video, can we?

I thought that your points, while sometimes valid, just felt like cheap shots with little explanation. You COULD have made something grand about GTA4 being so monotonous but had to resort to a poor joke. And the stabs at MGS4 are iffy at best - the game is supposed to be pretentious, so I guess it succeeded at what it set out to do.

I still have faith in you, Yahtzee. Don't let this poor reception keep you from making more awesome videos!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Is it just me or was the short at the end really quiet. I had to turn my laptop's volume up to full and the player volume all the way up just to hear it, and ZP sounded fine.