Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2008

PowerLeca

Sep 24, 2008
I can aaaalmost understand ignoring LBP, since it's aimed more at kids than adults. But not even acknowledging CoD5? Resistance 2?? Perhaps only to include it in the cavalcade of sequels, but Resistance also rocks socks.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Lt. Sera said:
200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] '486''
It looks like the CDN that Castfire is using to host the videos is having DNS resolution problems in the UK, Ireland, and a few other northern European areas. We're letting them know about it now and hopefully it'll be fixed very soon.

In the meantime, you might want to see if OpenDNS [https://www.opendns.com/smb/start/computer/] (or something similar) will fix the problem for you.

BrightDeathFriend

Dec 31, 2008
I found the award-giving review this week to be a bit shallow...Sorry...but I look forward to your next review. Hopefully you can look at Farcry 2 and give it some sort of..."critisism"? :p

MikePhilbin

Mar 15, 2008
argh, mi 'at-wearin' shipmate,
when I saw the title of this week's ZP, I thought, "Well, this is gonn' be a bit wank." but it wasn't. It was very good. Congratulations old chap, from another old chap. Remember to review FLOWER in 2009. That's Flower [http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2008/12/ps3-flower-thatgamecompany.html]. And you won't be able to complain that "it's not out in Australia yet" because it's a PSN download title. I think.

nervous (piratey) laughter

Jul 9, 2008
ultimasupersaiyan said:
2008 really seemed like a crap year in gaming, especially through Yahtzee's eye. I found a couple of games last year I like which Yahtzee didn't review... mainly because they're JRPG's and he hates them as much as I hate westren RPGs. I guess it's all about opinions and I agree with Saint's Row 2 being best of 2008 because even though everywhere else said MGS4, I found the game to be rather poor in comparison to the older ones. Somehow I get the feeling that 2009 may not be much different(outside of Street Fighter IV) because again it look like another year of sequels, clones and hopefully the ultimate questions answered, which are when will Final Fantasy XIII be released so we can sit in our seats properly? and will a new innovative game that doesn't fall short at the finish line be released? Then again it's all about taste and personal opinions.

Also I hope that 2009 brings Yahtzee a new game in his top 5 because if a new game makes it in his top 5 you know it's got to be one of the best.
I dunno, 2009 looks alright. I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol (which might be either 2009 or 2010), F.E.A.R 2, and I Am Alive (again, might be either year).
TheCurtmiester said:
thats lame i love the new prince and the ending
I know. You'd think he never played SoT (one of his top 5 games ever, I remind you) because they end in very similar ways.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
ok lets be honest the end of the review was the funniest part where the little girl from eternal sonata asked about the puddle

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
Pretty good awards. Now to look forward to 2009 and just what games are in store for us.

richard misiak

Dec 24, 2008
Rather amusing, I must say I am somewaht disappointed with the absence of an actual game review but this happened last year as well so I can't really complain.

drunken_munki

Nov 14, 2007
Hmm I don't know...
I wonder... can they host some sort of compo to make a theme song for ZP. I'm sure there are many talented people out there...

I don't like the current music :p

Good year review tho.

munster

Jan 7, 2009
I kept getting the same error message reported earlier in the thread while trying to play the video. Tried clearing the cache, but still wouldn't work. I then tried Firefox instead of IE7 and the video played fine.

I would suggest that those with video playback problems change browser too.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
verd said:
Doug said:
Verd, just because someone likes something, doesn't mean they have sexual favours from them - you might work like that, but thats not my business. Also, why is calling me gay considered an insult? You homophobic? Anyway, resorting to swear words on this forum is generally a sign you haven't been here long, or are under the drinking age by a large margin. Or both.
Doug said:
Nope, I just get annoyed at agronant 9 year olds like him, and from the sounds of things, you
Uh-huh. Try getting back to me when spelling simple words like 'arrogant' isn't beyond your capabilities, kiddo. Until then, you're a waste of my time and everybody else's - you're already disliked and riding Yahtzee's balls every few minutes doesn't seem to be helping that much.
Whoopie do, a homophobic overly-compensating guy who claims to be "really alot older than you kiddo". Grand. When you come out of the closet, I suspect you'll be alot happier with your life.

severonic

Sep 25, 2008
It's really fortunate that you're funny, because your opinions appear to have very little to do with that of most gamers. Well, certainly not mine at least, which is something I imagine we both take pride in.

P.S.
Putting Mirror's Edge next to titles like Haze, Too Human and the new fucking Sonic game makes you a total tit.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Oh My God. If Yahtzee dislikes games that have sequel numbers in their name, why did not he review Little Big Planet? A game that almost everyone ignored.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
as much as I love the Dorsch (sounds like Porsche but not) music, why was it before every "award", did Yahtzee need to breathe in or something?

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
severonic said:
It's really fortunate that you're funny, because your opinions appear to have very little to do with that of most gamers. Well, certainly not mine at least, which is something I imagine we both take pride in.

P.S.
Putting Mirror's Edge next to titles like Haze, Too Human and the new fucking Sonic game makes you a total tit.
who are you talking to? Yahtzee?
dude he's not here, he's too busy ignoring you to death.

and by most gamers, you mean your friends list?.

pothb

Dec 12, 2008
I wish it had a review... but this was good.

What really pissed me off was I thought it was going to be widescreen and maybe higher quality, since I saw a change in the video player. Oh well.

panagram

Oct 19, 2008
"Except Tomb Raider obviously" hahahaha. Thats the outright "slap-in-the-face'ery" I've come to love with ZP. Agreed I prefer a review to an actual game usually but I feel thats only because I'm EXPECTING a game to be reviewed and it throws me when its not. That said no complaints here great video!

Also... "Indiana Jones in a fridge award"?? :p